PDA

View Full Version : Deltec skimmer or RK 25?

sterlruth
12/07/2003, 11:09 PM
These appear to be the two skimmers of choice. Which one is the better or preferred skimmer?

Thanks
Steve

alexmarto
12/08/2003, 01:25 PM
Here in europe deltec's are very popular especially in england and also in germany.

There seems to be a slight advantage by the H&S skimmers (similar to euroreef) and Grotechs over the deltecs in germany.

Never eard of RK here in europe, and as far as i know deltecs are excelent skimmers.

manklit

1diverdown
12/08/2003, 06:44 PM
Steve...

i have the deltec 1003, with self-cleaning head. i dumped 4 algae scrubbers for it, and it's made a huge difference in my water quality. plus, i've never had to touch it after initial setup. it has a hook up for cleaning the collection head that is on an automatic timer (5 minutes every day taken from my basement water line that also feeds my ro/di vat), and a cleaning brush that runs every 5 hrs for about 15 minutes powered by a ph in my sump that cleans the neck. everything runs into a drain in my floor. it's good up up to about 540g with the self-cleaning option. if you have the cash to burn, it's a great unit.

dgasmd
12/08/2003, 07:21 PM
1diverdown:

Do you have some pictures for the rest of us??

Alberto

sterlruth
12/08/2003, 09:26 PM
I believe that I will be going with the Deltec 1003 with the self cleaning head. I was wondering along with DGasMD if you could post some pictures of your Deltec as well as some pictures of your tank and fish room.

I am particuliarly interested to see your plumbing diagram. Could you either post a picture or write out what flows where?

Thanks

Stephan M. Kenny

Denzo
12/08/2003, 09:58 PM
where can i get deltec products? please point me in the right direction.

john

NAGA
12/09/2003, 12:35 AM
I am currently contacting the distributor in England who distributes them. Apparently they do not have a distributor here in the US. There are "dealers" here in the US that I have contacted and will sell them but, have directed me to the main distributor in England. Apparently not much for margins on the Deltec line.

If anyone is interested I am ordering a 1004 skimmer w/ the auto cleaning feature and I am ordering a 1000 Calcium Reactor. I will post when I receive it and take pictures.

Dgasmd(Alberto) PM me if your up for getting a skimmer........maybe if your ready you can tie onto my order if you want one.

Jeff

1diverdown
12/09/2003, 07:52 PM
here's (hopefully) a picture of my 1003. i'm trying this new resizing tool for the first time i just found out about on another thread, so i'm not sure how it's going to come out. not sure if you can see all the plumbing i did, but here's what goes where....

the top flex tubing goes to a pair of connected aquabee pumps(supplied by deltec) that are located in the sump. they power the self cleaning brush. the water returns back to the sump via the main skimmer return line, without any 'cleaned' skimmate. there is a clear 1/4" flex tube (very faint on the 4th step from bottom) that is hooked up to a timer and solenoid valve from my home's water line that runs for 5 minutes/day, and flushes the build-up out of the collection cup, through the line with the blue handled ball valve, and out to a drain in the floor of my basement. just behind the start of that white pvc drain line is the water 'in' line, and the white pvc return line is slightly behind and above that one.

if this picture comes out, i'll take some of my reef and filtration room.

you might want to avoid getting anything directly from europe unless you can absolutely be sure you can get it modified to US power specs, which is a real ordeal for individual orders. as far as i know there aren't many units anywhere in the US now, but should be sometime around the first of the year.

hth
Doug

sterlruth
12/09/2003, 10:16 PM
The picture turned out great.

We're ready for the others.

NAGE---- have you thought about the power supply issue? Perhaps you found some other info... Mind sharing?

Thanks

Steve

NAGA
12/12/2003, 09:05 AM
Apparently the power will be a 110 volt. The only question will be parts availability and how good of customer service these people will have once they get off and running.