PDA

View Full Version : Ft/fs

Tagamet
12/06/2003, 08:37 PM
Hi all,
I bought a pair of ORA tank raised, bonded Clarkii clownfish at Rob's last swap meet. ORA reports that these fish had two broods in their tanks before I got them. The clowns have been in their own 40 gallon breeder tank, with a 20 gallon sump since then. These fish are HUGE and eat like piggies. They've never shown any sign of illness and their coloring is beautiful. Because of their size, I called them Jaws and Jawsette, but now I'm considering Gretta and Garbo. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but they sure haven't gotten "romantic". I'll try to post a pic sometime this weekend.
Well, anyway, I'm thinking that I could use that setup more productively as a frag tank, so I'm open to offers for the pair. SPS, equipment, or good old dead presidents work for me. I'd like to get them to someone within a half day's driving distance, because I will not risk them by shipping. If possible I'd like to get that tank changed over before the swap meet, which is why I didn't just post them to the swap site. If necessary, I'll hang onto them and post them to the swap site, because the swap will be pulling people from so far away.
TIA,
Tagamet
PS I'm not fully prepared for the intolerable level of abuse I'll have to endure, when they have a healthy brood within a week of their move (g). I guess I'll have to risk it.

picassomike
12/06/2003, 08:51 PM
Tag,this is just what I am looking for.I was lookin for a big pair of clarkii's for BTA in my 200g.I needed a big pair of them cause otherwise they'd be eaten by my pair of lions.How big are the both of them?What do ya want for them?

Mike

Tagamet
12/06/2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by picassomike
Tag,this is just what I am looking for.I was lookin for a big pair of clarkii's for BTA in my 200g.I needed a big pair of them cause otherwise they'd be eaten by my pair of lions.How big are the both of them?What do ya want for them?

Mike

I'd say 3 and 3.5, or 3.5 and 4, respectively. It's really hard to measure them, because they're so slippery (g). Rob called them 4.5 and 5, but that seems big to my eyes. They are certainly the biggest clowns I've ever seen. They are really inseparable, and it may be that they'd spawn if they had a host (but Wilkerson's book says a host isn't necessary). Because the were tank raised, mature, bonded and brooding, they were expensive. Then again, it saved me 2 years of rearing.
I'd MUCH rather trade for SPS than talk money, but I don't know what you have available. I'll try to get a picture tonight.
Tagamet

picassomike
12/06/2003, 09:46 PM
Only SPS that I got that I can frag is orange monti cap.I'm restockin after the hurricane,pretty much wiped out my SPS.All the SPS I got now are frags that I just bought.

Mike

Tagamet
12/06/2003, 09:55 PM
Only SPS that I got that I can frag is orange monti cap.I'm restockin after the hurricane,pretty much wiped out my SPS.All the SPS I got now are frags that I just bought.
Mike

Shoot.
I'm "shrinking" the resolution of the pics now. They'll be up soon.
Tagamet

Maybe someone with SPS wants something in trade from you?

Tagamet
12/06/2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Tagamet
Shoot.
I'm "shrinking" the resolution of the pics now. They'll be up soon.
Tagamet

Maybe someone with SPS wants something in trade from you?

Here they are: 3 pics

Tagamet

Tagamet
12/06/2003, 10:37 PM

Tagamet

Tagamet
12/06/2003, 10:39 PM

Tagamet
12/06/2003, 10:40 PM

Tagamet

Tagamet
12/07/2003, 03:20 PM
Mike,
Not big enough?
Tagamet

picassomike
12/07/2003, 04:31 PM
Its hard to tell from pics,cause theres nothin for me to compare them to.They should be as long as they are the size that you say.

Mike

Tagamet
12/09/2003, 12:29 AM
Its hard to tell from pics,cause theres nothin for me to compare them to.They should be as long as they are the size that you say.
Mike

You're welcome to come to my place in Lock Haven and see for yourself, but I'm not going to take them out for a drive, just to be judged.
Tagamet