PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Want Free Bryopsis

o2manyfish
12/05/2003, 02:00 PM
Just trying to keep things alive --- This poor Forum.

Dave B

Salt Creep
12/08/2003, 11:19 PM
Hey Dave!

Remember the bryopsis problem I had? HAD! I got a one spot foxface, and he's taken care of most of it. I got lucky with this one, he's doing his job and my clowns aren't trying to kill him.... in fact he sleeps right under their anemone. Of course, now I REALLY have to set my bigger tank up.

Ken

o2manyfish
12/08/2003, 11:55 PM
Ken,

The Bryopsis in my display tank is under control.

It's now growing in the sumps outside... But I think I will just let it go wild out there and harvest it once it's all packed in. Maybe it will suffocate itself out.

Dave B

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
12/15/2003, 11:15 PM
Hey dave,

I heard if you have an algae problem, put a bunch in your fuge or sump and let it grow. The theory is that the stuff in the sump uses all the nutrients that the same algae in the display would need so it can't grow as fast. Then you harvest all the crap in your display. I haven't tried it but it makes sense.:)

This may even better than macros cause it targets the exact nutrient that different species need. Maaaaaaaybee

o2manyfish
12/16/2003, 02:49 PM
Dave N,

This was a thread just to keep something in the MASLAC forum. I wiped out most of the bryopsis in my Display tank by hand weeding and increasing the amount of Kalk in my system.

I also noticed that the Bryopsis did start growing in my grey sumps outside.

I have left it alone to starve itself -- As you described.

Dave B

mcsock
12/16/2003, 03:08 PM
When I first set up the prop system, with in a month I had that crap everyplace. It was even 3" long on my spray bar. Lawn mower blenny, foxface and 2 bulldozer size turbo snails really zapped it. The foxface was the one that really made the difference and the turbo would go back over the area the foxface ate the longer stuff and clean it down to the plastic.
I really think my problem was from using 60lbs of Hi-rocks. I wanted to save a little cash so I mixed the Hi-rocks with 50lbs of live rock. Now 6 months later even the hi-rocks look like live rock ...atleast green and purple not ugly brown ;)