PDA

View Full Version : FFExpress Live Rock??

jsfakianos
06/30/2001, 05:27 PM
$99 is hard to beat.

Has anyone ordered live rock from FFExpress? Did you get the Fiji or NaMoli live rock? What were the average sizes?

Is it worth the extra $45 for the hand-picked option?

Any other information about the rock would be appreciated. I am interested in buying some soon.

Thanks,

Jeff

purpletanglvr
06/30/2001, 06:08 PM
i bought the 45 lb box from pet warehouse for 99.00, i think it is the same deal. It was 45lb of fiji, and it cost 99 cents per pound to ship, so around 140+ total. not bad and the rock is nice. I got 10 pieces, 2 of them pretty darn big, perfect for the bottom of the stack. they are all curing in a container right now. lots of coralline on them.

aLittletank
06/30/2001, 06:32 PM
I ordered from them last year twice. both times the shipment was ontime and in good order. not alot of extras like you hear of from gulfview, but nice coraline and a variety of sizes.

I would order from them again.

HTH
Allen

Snailman
06/30/2001, 10:07 PM
We have bought about 700 pounds of Fiji LR from them in several different batches and we were always happy with it. We got some of the Savii live rock and it was a waste of money.

jsfakianos
06/30/2001, 10:13 PM
Thanks,

I heard that the $99 sale would end today. I put in an order for the Fiji live rock just a few minutes ago using the online form.

purpletanglvr
07/01/2001, 12:26 AM
if you go to pet warehouse, they carry the $99 dollar deal almost all the time.

Aquamans Reef
07/01/2001, 01:50 AM
Don't forget that this rock is not cured.. just a reminder

jsfakianos
07/01/2001, 08:48 AM
That is also good to know. Petwarehouse.com has the $99 deal all the time? I am going to check that out.

Did you mena that the FFExpress or Petwarehouse rock is uncured? I would personally prefer uncured rock.

purpletanglvr
07/01/2001, 12:38 PM
they say it is cured rock, but I dont really think any rock is cured because of shipping. I personally always recure my live rock in a rubbermaid container for at least a week, sometimes longer. I am curing some right now. I will say this, the first time i ordered 2 boxes from pet warehouse i put it right in the tank because it was a new setup, and my tank cycled in 2 weeks.

Aquamans Reef
07/02/2001, 12:08 AM
Thats right js the rock comes uncured

jsfakianos
07/02/2001, 08:49 PM
I decided to order from FFExpress since I have ordered from them before and have always been impressed with what I received.

It turns out that you can order uncured or precured rock from the $99 dollar deal. I decided to go with the uncured. Since both precured and uncured have to be (re)cured I decided that I wanted the option of choosing what I wanted off the rock or on the rock.

I'll post what the rock looks like after it arrives on Saturday.

Thanks for the help.

filishy
07/03/2001, 09:06 AM
Sanilman,

Isn't the savii sold by Jeff's Exotic instead of FFExpress? I just checked FFE and could not find this rock while it being sold over at Jeff's Exotic.

I am asking because I was interested in buying the savii from Jeff's.

Thanks!