PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Goldfish

dsb1829
06/29/2001, 05:16 PM
Okay, took a long lunch today and cruised up to Oakland to check out Lucky Goldfish on Broadway. I was expecting a nice setup after hearing a few good things said at a couple of the meetings. Not so, they do have a decent amount of equipment. They have a couple of small coral sale tanks and lots of miscelaneous fish that you see in all the LFS in the area.

They do have a nice display reef, but it really only has lots of mushrooms and a handfull of other corals. I would say it is 90-120g tank. Definitely not worth the drive to Oakland to see though IMO.

If I had to choose the stores in the Bay Area to stop at for display tanks here are my favorites:
Reef Science - lots of good displays10-400g
Aquarium Concepts - 400g of beautiful fish and lots of corals and clams
T&T Aquarium - 200g with softies and lps, beutiful fish too
The Aquarium in Concord - 2 400+g displays (1 FO, 1 reef)

Reefer Dude
07/09/2001, 11:21 PM
Hey Doug,

The next time you come up this way I will show you a couple of the fish stores in Alameda. I work right by Lucky Goldfish. My weekly ritual is to trade off fish stores at lunch. I make my way around to every store every week. There is a store in Alameda called Amazon Aquarium that is not quite there yet, but they are working hard to make to store very nice. I have not found an awsome store yet in the Bay Area, so that is why I need to hurry up and open one. Anyway I will talk to you later. E-mail the next time your are heading up.