PDA

View Full Version : FRAG auction starting this week!

mx_tang
12/01/2003, 10:40 PM
This Saturday, we willl begin our new format for FRAG. The meetings still begin at 4pm, but we've integrated a presentation/discussion and auction for the second half of the meeting. All attendees are welcome to come and participate in the meeting and auction immediately following our presentation on water chemistry. Start fragging your corals or eating spam and ramen noodles to save up for the auction this saturday. For any new members, please refer to the FRAG FAQ (http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=236588) for additional information and on times, dates, etc. If you have any questions, feel free to post here, e-mail, or PM me. I hope to see some new members this saturday, December 6th (4-6pm).

tendar
12/02/2003, 02:56 AM
I will have some misc dry goods to action off including powerheads and heaters and such.

mx_tang
12/02/2003, 03:16 AM
Sounds good. You can bring just about anything you'd like to the FRAG auction so long as it's not illegal or suspect :eek: .

I'll bring extra bags, rubberbands, and miscellaneous things in case some of those corals puncture the bags, etc.

I'm bringing a few frags and some equipment that I won't be using for my new tank. BTW, I ended up tearing my tank that I just set up to get another one, so I might put that one up on the auction block as well. I think Gregg is an extremely bad influence on me when it comes to new tank setups!

BLUESMAN
12/02/2003, 06:49 AM
I'll bring the phyto, have a few finger leather frags, and some cabbage frags too. Not going to bring "money plant" unless someone pm's me. Blue

BLUESMAN
12/02/2003, 05:25 PM
Anyone interested in BTA clones?? Blue

Reefmaiden
12/02/2003, 06:55 PM
I have a cute little 7 gallon mini-bow tank with custom canopy, 4 - 13w PC ballasts and 3-13w PC bulbs (one bulb broke) along with a 4" muffin fan I can donate to the auction if anyone thinks they might be interested.

Problem is, it doesn't look like I'll be able to go to the meeting on Saturday as I have to go out of town on family business. I'm still trying to get out of it but at this point I'm still committed. Soooo... I would need to get the tank to another member to bring on my behalf if there is any interest.

Let me know! I can take pictures if anyone is interested.

BLUESMAN
12/02/2003, 08:02 PM
I have an used 55g(standard 48") if anyone is interested. I also can get two more and an old 45g Hex that all need to be resealed,lmk. Blue

mx_tang
12/02/2003, 11:31 PM
Wow...we've got lots of drygoods coming.

Just a note: starting in January, we will begin having the FRAG meetings/auctions at All Aquatics due to the high levels of HDL cholesterol in pizza and the stresses of bagging + transit. We may choose to have the entire meeting at that location or drive there for the auction portion only (I think the former is a better idea), since Matt has been gracious enough to to open up his store and tank space for FRAG. Also, anyone can come in and look at the auction materials throughout the week and check out the available livestock.

AZDesertRat
12/02/2003, 11:43 PM
Why don't you guys move a little further from Deer Valley. I gotta pack a lunch now as it is!

mx_tang
12/03/2003, 12:10 AM
You guys need to all meet at a central location and carpool. Make a trip down to Aquatouch and then swing over here by 3am. I need to go up to PHX to attend the DMS meetings, so we're even :D.

muzzelfuzz
12/03/2003, 09:42 PM
now why ya gonna go and change a good thing? round table is a good location where else can ya have pizza and beer and talk to your fellow reefers, seems FRAG is getting alittle to structured for me, one structured club is enough in my book. im not sure if anyone else feels the same way but too me it seems to be gettin alittle to stuffy...lol nothing wrong with that tho, sorry im rambeling but this damn flu has got me good, so if i offended anyone im sorry..........:D

mx_tang
12/04/2003, 01:04 AM
Hey Bobby,

We're only entertaining the thought of changing locations, or at least driving to All Aquatics for the auction portion of FRAG. FRAG is just to add depth to the group and its members. Although FRAG "was" a good thing, it seems to have dropped off the radar quite a bit with some folks, so we're trying to rejuvinate interests. Some people like to socialize, while others like to hear something new. Still yet, others just want to trade corals between each other, so I think this is a great way to integrate different methods to promote and educate the hobby at large. Anyway, you should definitely come out this Saturday, if for no other reason than to say hello and have a drink.

tendar
12/04/2003, 01:54 AM
I would agree with Bobby to a point that I really think that Round table is a good location to stick at and go to All Aquatics when we have actions after the meeting. I would suggest having a action once a month instead of every meeting that way there will be more to bid on and less time spent driving around town every meeting or least have only live stock actions once a month.

mx_tang
12/04/2003, 02:42 AM
Okay...agreed. Let's have an auction once/month. If we have auctions, then we'd need to bump the meetings from 3-5 and swing into All Aquatics 1/2 hour before closing.

tendar
12/04/2003, 01:37 PM
Sounds reasonable to me anyways.

BLUESMAN
12/06/2003, 03:37 PM
I'm bringing cabbage, finger leather,devil's hand, green star polyp,bubble coral,hammer frags,money plant,two BTA's,2 bags live sand,a dc 4" fan, 4- VHO endcaps, an overflow w/ all plumbing,2 boxes of Bio salt and an 55g tank. Blue

tendar
12/06/2003, 04:08 PM
Dont sell the house what ever you do LOL

AZDesertRat
12/06/2003, 04:12 PM
I'm bringing me! And some cash too.

tendar
12/06/2003, 04:21 PM
need to bring a visa card for all the stuff they are selling

mx_tang
12/06/2003, 10:59 PM
A special thanks goes out to those who attended and helped out with the auction tonight. Hopefully, everybody got to take something home, and if not, there will be plenty more goods at the next auction.

BLUESMAN
12/07/2003, 12:34 AM
Thanks for all that attended and bought our items!! Yes there will be more in the future. Special thanks to Aaron for auctioning some of his items. Hope you all had a good time and will visit us again. Blue

Jfishdr
12/07/2003, 01:38 AM
Thanks guys! The meeting auction was fun. Everything is settled in and doing great so far!

Just out of curiosity, how much did we make towards the frag farming project?

Reed