PDA

View Full Version : I Need Macro Algae

assassinco97
12/01/2003, 11:31 AM
Does anyone who lives close to Huntingdon Pa (state college) or Pittsburgh have any macro algae they would be willing to part with.....My tank is looking kinda bare:( do to the lack of coral ( darn its expensive ) and I was thinking of getting a Tang in the near future so I figured why not start with some Macro Algae in there to get a good food base and perhaps some pods too.....If you guys think this is a bad idea just let me know as I am new :) but if you have some you want to give up just let me know and we can make some arrangements.

Thanks
ed

Bill King
12/01/2003, 08:13 PM
Hey Ed
I'm in Altoona, & can fix you up with some stuff.
Check for a pm
Bill

Tagamet
12/01/2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by assassinco97
Does anyone who lives close to Huntingdon Pa (state college) or Pittsburgh have any macro algae they would be willing to part with.....My tank is looking kinda bare:( do to the lack of coral ( darn its expensive ) and I was thinking of getting a Tang in the near future so I figured why not start with some Macro Algae in there to get a good food base and perhaps some pods too.....If you guys think this is a bad idea just let me know as I am new :) but if you have some you want to give up just let me know and we can make some arrangements.
Thanks
ed

I was going to offer some macro too, but Altoona's closer to you (I think). You might want to rethink putting Macro in the display tank though. Once it gets going, even a hungry tang might have trouble keeping it under control. Obviously, it's your call though. Bytor has first dibs, but if he's not interested I have a big, beautiful sailfin tang that may be available.
Tagamet

assassinco97
12/01/2003, 11:24 PM
I was thinking about a sailfin but Im worried that I dont have room for the large one :( Guess I just would have to get a bigger tank:p but if you really want to get rid of it just tell me how big it is and I might be able to help ya :p

Ed

Tagamet
12/01/2003, 11:35 PM
Guess I just would have to get a bigger tank:p but if you really want to get rid of it just tell me how big it is and I might be able to help ya :p
Ed

A bigger tank is *always* a good idea! Check yellowtruck's "ich thread". He has about 4 tangs he should be interested in having adopted. (but isn't)
Tagamet

assassinco97
12/01/2003, 11:37 PM
I would love to adopt one of his, but i'm not bringing ich into my tank......Ive had good luck so far. So Im trying to keep my system ich free, and to me that adoption just might be a big risk

Tagamet
12/01/2003, 11:45 PM
I would love to adopt one of his, but i'm not bringing ich into my tank......Ive had good luck so far. So Im trying to keep my system ich free, and to me that adoption just might be a big risk

Kinda moot point, because Yellowtruck isn't going to listen anyway. Q-tanking the fish would be prudent, given the source, but I really think that ich is in all of our tanks, at least some of the time. Healthy fish just fight it off.
JMO,
Tagamet

assassinco97
12/01/2003, 11:54 PM
yeah I could believe that.....I cant believe he still is fighting that. Its been like weeks now that he doesnt want to see reason :D

Tagamet
12/02/2003, 12:04 AM
yeah I could believe that.....I cant believe he still is fighting that. Its been like weeks now that he doesnt want to see reason :D

Ahhhh, now the real reason just came out. his mom gave him the fish and she doesn't want them out of there. Now I understand a little better. It actually makes him less stuborn looking. Dealing with mom's can be a lot tougher than dealing with ich.(LOL)
Tagamet

assassinco97
12/02/2003, 12:14 AM
Yeah....moms can be a pain. ;) Glad mine actually like my tank and asks before she buys anything for it. Guess Im lucky

nixnutz
12/02/2003, 12:16 AM
You got PM.

Rahn

Tagamet
12/02/2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by nixnutz
You got PM.

Rahn

Thanks,
you do too.
Tag