PDA

View Full Version : Moving to DSM

HOC
11/30/2003, 10:52 PM
Some of you already know this, but I though I'd put it up here so everyone knows. My wife recieved a promotion to the Desmoines area, and since I can do my job most anywhere I'll be following. We moved to CR from DSM about four years ago so it will be like comin home. :)

I wanted everyone to know nothing will change with me being the VP of the club. I still plan to attend meetings in CR as well as DSM just like before.

My system will undergo a major overhaul in the process.:D I've sold my 200gal and 240gal and will be replacing them with a custom 360 gal glass tank. This will be a SPS only tank. Still not sure how I'll go about moving all the livestock,LR,substrate, and etc. That will be an adventure I'm sure. I plan to move about 400 Gal of my currently running system to hopefully minimize stress.

I look forward to getting to know some of you western Ia peeps better, and I'll miss the ones over here that I prob won't get to see as often. I will be coming back to CR to visit friends, and for meetings ;)

BTW I may be having a tank moving party when time comes to move the 360 into the house. I guess that thing weighs 600-700 lbs. Sounds fun eh!!

Later...Chris

dellrio
11/30/2003, 11:13 PM
nick and i will help if u want.... if u need to move stuff slowly maybe we can help u out... we have space... when we moved we had a hard time.. so if we can make it easier for u we'd sure love to,., but we're always willing to do people favors! we never mind!

and i am sure nick will give u a hand with the tank...

Atticus
12/01/2003, 12:41 AM
I know I am the wrong direction, but if I can help at all let me know, Travis

dknape
12/04/2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Atticus
I know I am the wrong direction, but if I can help at all let me know, Travis

I think Travis will be giving chiropractic adjustments following the move. :D

FlyGTI
12/06/2003, 02:34 PM
I'm in West Des Moines, and I've got a three quarter ton Dodge with an extended cab and a 6.5 foot bed. If you need my help, email me and I'll see what I can do! Glad to have you in DSM!

HOC
12/06/2003, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the offers guys. Maybe I'll have a tank of frags (which I'm sure will be inadvertently made in the move) for the peeps that show up to help:D

Looks like it will be Feb sometime as that's when the house we're having built will be done. Nothing like moving water in 0 degree temps. Not lookin forward to that:rolleyes: