PDA

View Full Version : Help!! 350 Leaking!

EmersonAly
11/30/2003, 07:01 PM
Does anyone know how to temporarily seal a small chip that is wet for heartbroken large tank owners so that we may transfer all occupants to another tank.....

Never had this happen before. Went out of town overnight returned to small chip (smaller than dime) in corner of tank and its leaking straight down onto stand.....

Forget sealant....

Any other ideas?

sterlruth
11/30/2003, 07:11 PM
How did the chip get there?

I just had my tank seperate at the seams at the bottom. Talk about a helpless feeling. The day before Thanskgiving too!

I have an emergency 90 gallon tanlk that I borrowed from a friend and transfered everything into it. What a mess and what an ordeal. This is going to take hours if it cracked by itself.

Good Luck.

Steve Kenny

EmersonAly
11/30/2003, 07:14 PM
We think the kids accidentally hit it yesterday with something (who knows?) its definitely impact. Now the question is how to tide the flow of water until we can transfer......

sterlruth
11/30/2003, 07:24 PM
There is a lot of pressure on that weak point. If you have an underwater cement that you can use, I would. Some stores sell it, I don't stock it in my fish room but I am going to keep an emergency kit on hand.

Sounds like you better fill a trash can or the tub with tank water and start moving things out. I'm afraid that if it is leaking at this point your liable for a blow out. Not reassuring so I would begin the process of unloading the tank to save your floors and livestock.

Keep us posted on your progress.

I was just there 4 days ago. I'll be thinking of You! Good Luck

Steve Kenny

yanksajo
11/30/2003, 10:37 PM
If the chip is near the top maybe you could empty the tank to just below the chip for a little while. If not, then maybe you could silicon a piece of glass over the chipped area. Don't know if it will work but you could try. Sorry about your tank, good luck with everything.

o2manyfish
12/01/2003, 12:16 AM
If you have a WestMarine close buy there are several different 3M silicone type glues that can be used in wet applications, even under water.

I have used them on my tanks and they are non-toxic, and have had no effect on my corals or fish.

Dave B