PDA

View Full Version : Next Meeting of the Pittsburgh Marine Club

Steven Pro
11/29/2003, 07:34 AM
I thought some of you guys maybe interested in making a roadtrip.

PMASI's next meeting is on Saturday, Dec. 6th. Due to the holidays in November and December, we generally just have one combined meeting for both the months of November and December. During this event we will hold our annual elections for Board Member positions and also a special, giant raffle. PMASI used to have an annual event called "The Mother of All Raffles." It was a once a year occurrence in which we would have just a raffle for a meeting, but the raffle was two to three times its normal size. This year the Board decided to bring back this event and it should live up to or surpass previous years ones. We have done a good job of soliciting major manufacturers for donations this year and several of the Board members have held back some cherry pieces of livestock in anticipation of this meeting. I estimate we will have somewhere in the neighborhood of 30-50 pieces of livestock and another 15-30 dry goods in this year's raffle. This is one you definitely don't want to miss. As always, we will accept other donations for the raffle. You can never have too much stuff to give away!

I hope to see some of you guys there,
Steven Pro

Bowman
11/29/2003, 07:07 PM
Details my good man

Rhodophyta
11/30/2003, 03:38 AM
http://www.pmas.org/nextmeeting.htm

Steven Pro
11/30/2003, 07:17 AM
Sorry, the meeting starts at 6:00 PM at the Palace Inn in Monroeville. There is a map and directions at the link above.

Rhodophyta
11/30/2003, 05:38 PM
Anyone want to carpool? I have a van, plenty of room for riders and to take home some raffle winnings. I'd like to leave early enough to spend a little time beforehand at a pet shop a few minutes down the street from the meeting place.

http://www.elmersaquarium.com/

Steven Pro
12/03/2003, 11:10 AM
Our meeting will be in the Columbus Room of the Palace Inn. It is one of the conference rooms on the first floor. We will have a sign on the door.

Rhodophyta
12/05/2003, 07:20 AM
We still have room for a few more passengers in my van if you want to carpool with us. Makes the trip more fun when you can talk about the hobby while on the road. Email me, or call me at 440-476-4663.

Rhodophyta
12/06/2003, 07:02 AM
OK! The snow has stopped and the weather predictors say it should hold out good for this trip. It usually takes me two hours.

Anyone who wants to leave from the Strongsville/Brunswick area can meet me just before 2:30 at my house. That will give us extra time to stop at an east side exit near Cuyahoga Falls and/or Aurora and briefly pick up more riders. We should arrive with about an hour, maybe hour and a half, to check out Elmer's Aquarium and then go to the meeting at 6:00 PM.

If you would like to be added to the list, give me a call at 440-238-8336 or 440-476-4663. You will get the details of exactly where we will be assembling on the phone. Seeyah!

Steven Pro
12/07/2003, 09:39 AM
Thank you to everyone that came! You helped make this annual event extremely successful. I will see you at the Christmas party in a couple of weeks.

Rhodophyta
12/07/2003, 02:01 PM
Thanks Steve!

It was fun, and seeing all those tables covered with prizes was great. See you on the 19th!