PDA

View Full Version : North Central PA Aquarium Reef Society Feb. Meeting Date and Frag List

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

zooqi
11/27/2003, 01:10 PM
nixnutz and Bytore will be hosting the winter meeting for North Central PA Aquarium Reef Society
February 8, 2004 at the Hegins Fire Co. Hall in Hegins, Pa 17938
I can leave my cell number just in case and if somebody else wants to add a number that is fine too in case.
570 337 9069
So who is coming and what are we trading ?
:celeb3:

I think we might need the address just for those who are using computer to get directions... We will have a link in the site for this too.

GarSrtn
11/27/2003, 02:03 PM
If y'all would like, I can add a have/want page to the site. So long as you keep me updated, I will be able to update the page. That should help with the 'mile long thread' problem. Send the lists to ncpars@hotmail.com, with the subject 'Have/Want List'. Include your name, RC handle, e-mail (optional), items you have, items you want, and arranged trades.

Of course, if no one likes this idea, I won't do it. :D

beerman0831
11/27/2003, 03:19 PM
I`ll be there with dead presidents.If anyone has a duel halide setup I`m in need of one.

bmkindig
11/27/2003, 07:58 PM
hey zooqi you know i'm in

zooqi
11/27/2003, 08:06 PM
The meeting is hosted by nixnutz Beerman and Bytore.. Looking forward for it.
bmkindig: glade to know that and you are one of the big supporters of our meetings and knew you won't miss it.

bmkindig
11/27/2003, 08:54 PM
hey mo you know me will drive for frags!!!!
ps some thanksgiving i got home tonight to find my mag drive took a crab flooded the carpets that were cleaned yesterday!!!
later guys
brad

zooqi
11/28/2003, 05:50 AM
I have not had any of those problems upstairs since I put the sumps in the basement.
:D
Originally posted by bmkindig
my mag drive took a crab flooded the carpets that were cleaned yesterday!!!

nixnutz
11/28/2003, 10:18 AM
Attendance list so far:

Mo
Nix
ByTor
Beerman
Tag
Millisec (Philly)
Mal3
Holeinone1972(Rob from ECC-gonna try)
Fizz71
JonK
Bmkindig
yellowtruck75
mind3d
nancysnuwave(maybe)
Snookie & Jenster (with beer :) )
Sanjay(gonna try)

That's 17 so far...Let's fill this place!!!

Rahn

zooqi
11/28/2003, 11:53 AM
Here is the address for those who are getting directions from the net..
Hegins Fire Co.
720 E. Chestnut St.
Hegins, PA 17938

bmkindig
11/28/2003, 12:10 PM
hey mo
you going to setup and fill a tank fill of corals like you did for your meeting. cause i missed some good picks bye waiting till the line cleared out.or should i place my order in advance????

any idea's for what we need for the school project since i got that gift certifacate.
brad

bmkindig
11/28/2003, 12:36 PM
by the way guys
anyone else got any local pet shops to sponser the club wheather it's a donation to the school project or something we can raffle off as a prize for our home tanks. lets not forget what the club is about. i love getting frags for my tank as much as the next guy but we need to educate the public to since there airen't alot of pet stores that sell coralsand some are over priced anyway

anyone else thoughts

brad

millisec
11/28/2003, 01:22 PM
As it stands I will be there and I have posted notice of it and this thread in the PARC forum to get the Philly people out. I'm sure someone like MadDrama can stir up the NJ crowd. As for frags... I'll start posting a little further down the road.

And BTW I can throw at least a good frag in the raffle pot and I'll bring a gallon of wicked chili con queso and some chips.

nixnutz
11/28/2003, 02:43 PM
:thumbsup: on the chilli con queso!!!

I knew I could count on you. Don't forget to save me a wicked nice zo frag. I'll email you some pics of what I got and you can pick one you don't have. Deal?

Bmkindig-ByTor and I are working on a couple sponsors and I'll make sure I got something this time for the school project.

Rahn

millisec
11/28/2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by nixnutz
:thumbsup: on the chilli con queso!!!

I knew I could count on you. Don't forget to save me a wicked nice zo frag. I'll email you some pics of what I got and you can pick one you don't have. Deal?

Bmkindig-ByTor and I are working on a couple sponsors and I'll make sure I got something this time for the school project.

Rahn

Sounds good to me... I will also donate something to the school effort myself.

Bill King
11/28/2003, 08:10 PM
Hey millisec
I pasted your notice to the PMAS forum.
I'll see those guys from the Burgh next Saturday at our regular meeting. I'll make an announcement then.
Bill

bmkindig
11/29/2003, 03:39 AM
sponsers
i guess zooqi should chime in hear,i have the$25 gift certifacate for the school project from the last meeting(mo keep me posted on what we need they there and i'll talk with todd)and i got another source i want to try that may work or may not.

bytor if you talk to jim from shear heaven i can pick stuff up on the way to the meeting that morning.i still heaven't had any luck dealing with them even after mentioning your name. they accually said they didn't know you.(the young guy)
brad

GarSrtn
11/29/2003, 06:07 AM
I'll try to make it.

_ShotgunShrimp_
11/29/2003, 07:53 AM
if the weather isnt to bad in either state.. ill try and make the run..

zooqi
11/29/2003, 03:32 PM
oh,, I have not been on the puter for more than 24 hrs (I feel sick):) I have been busy with black Friday and driving all over PA today.

The gift certificate that you have can be used toward salinity tester that they need (the old one is not correct) and I have been using mine. They also need mag float (The biggest one)

I will see what I can do as for my setup and not sure if I will be able to put something together or no but I will know right before the meeting. You know that if I want to put a system together there I can do it in a couple of hours running and ready to go but I will have to see since is not that close to me but I will try. I will try to put deals together like last time too. :)

MarksReef
11/29/2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by _ShotgunShrimp_
if the weather isnt to bad in either state.. ill try and make the run..
Me Too being that I missed the last one and I'm if invited ?

zooqi
11/29/2003, 03:51 PM
shotgun and Zack: we will be looking forward to see you guys.

bmkindig
11/29/2003, 09:50 PM
hey shotgun and zack
if you want frags and/or to meet good people your more then wecome to join us we have all experince levels in the club good times and great people

mo
consider it done what size is the tank? do they want a floating hydrometer something like the deep six if i have to i'll pick them up on my own there cheap enough i was thinging of corals for the tank that can be fragged. let me know i'm going to pick up a new pump sunday morning
also mo do you still have those dark green ricordias if so i'll start saving pennies.
brad

zooqi
11/30/2003, 12:20 AM
They use the standard one that is like the box. I do have that rock for you and I told you I'll save it for you. If you want it please remind me to pick it up for you. Or send me an email or PM. :)

bmkindig
11/30/2003, 12:25 AM
hey mo
so they need the basic plastic 1 with the needle i think there like $6 or so and a big mag float.cool... i'll talk about another donation for this upcoming meeting to do they need anything else?
thanks for saving that rock i was hoping you didn't forget
brad

_ShotgunShrimp_
11/30/2003, 12:38 AM
you guys looking for styrofoam boxs zooqi? if you are i got a bunch of them i could bring if i come

zooqi
11/30/2003, 12:47 AM
Thank you, I got tons of them and I usually keep the once that are in a good condition. If there is anybody else who wants them then you can bring them. This is one of those things that my wife complains about that they are all over. I take them to the garbage all the time.
Originally posted by _ShotgunShrimp_
you guys looking for styrofoam boxs zooqi? if you are i got a bunch of them i could bring if i come

Brad: I put it in the mall tank so I don't lost it in my system. :)

_ShotgunShrimp_
11/30/2003, 01:13 AM
minus me and zack offcourse... but no frag lists? whos got what.. im a dead president bringer also.. but i might be able to bring a few of something.. heres a list of wants

acro's (anything blue and or diffrent) im after more rare stuff
wild colors in zoo's (zooqi is the man here)
wild colored ricordea
some redsea xenia ( a small frag is good)
a large head of pintip green torch or purpletip green torch
chitons,bugs.snails that will reproduce in a reef

what ill have
well by this time i should have my iwaki MD70 RLT out of the system and for sale/trade mint shape.. is about 3 years old and flawless pumping power (to watt hungry for my needs)
maybe some german digi? and maybe some of the pink digi with purple tips if i ever get my lights back to full cycle :)(needs very high light 400HQI to keep it pink)
i have A.nana frags but.. offcourse bytor has probably flooded the area with that :)
thats it so far.. gotta see how things grow...

bmkindig
11/30/2003, 01:21 AM
there will be a frag listing thread posted shortly i'm sure usully zooqi dept.
of your giving away dead presidents i'll take some of them anyday they are nice frags i'll proboly have some zoo's and maybe some mushrooms bye them
brad

zooqi
11/30/2003, 02:01 AM
Looking for

Bugs, Large show size Soft corals except leathers, finger leathers, Kenya Trees.

What I have
zo's, zo's, zo's, zo's and zoanthids :)
I can't pick certain colors and send pictures of each individual because I got tons of them and getting hundreds more in a week or two but I go with frags (for example if you tell me that you want to have 10 different frags or 40 different frags or so and you can email me to discuss trade, sell.. my colors are super nice and they will be frags of zo's from different areas of the world. At the last meeting I had them as a whole rock but this time I have broken them to small pieces so everybody get different colors.

zooqi
11/30/2003, 02:06 AM
Shotgun: There will be more people coming and usually they know for sure a week or two before the meeting if they can make it and they wait untill then.

bmkindig
11/30/2003, 12:15 PM
hey mo
got got the mag float they are out of the box shaped hydrometers.
also he said of i stop bye before i go a can pick something "live" up for the meeting i was thinking maybe some zoo's or mushrooms for the school tank unless we raffle it off.well i gotta play with my new toys before i go to work
brad
ps anyone else get any sponsers

zooqi
11/30/2003, 03:25 PM
I'm sure we can find one by then.

picassomike
11/30/2003, 03:49 PM
Zooqi,I got one of the box shaped hydrometers,that I can donate.

ShotgunShrimp,what do you want for your iwaki 70 RLT?

Mike

zooqi
11/30/2003, 06:17 PM
super,, :)

yellowtruck75
11/30/2003, 07:45 PM
I was reading about a meeting in Ohio where everyone brought a container of there sand and put it into a large bin and at the end of the meeting it was mixed and everyone got out the amount they put in. Has anyone ever done something similiar to share bugs, I think this is a good idea if it would work, what do you guys think?

yellowtruck75
11/30/2003, 07:47 PM
Mo
You said you are looking for large soft corals, what about a large piece of colt? My Colt is huge and out of control ask Snookie he saw it. I think it doubled since the last meeting where I fragged the heck out of it.

zooqi
11/30/2003, 09:26 PM
I need corals like a foot wide or wider or close to a foot. You got pm. Mixing sand and getting different bacteria is an idea. Bugs can be collected from a system and some sand might be mixed with it with some gravels. Some companies sell them. I got tons of different kinds of bugs and I'm sure there are others that I don't have. I have a diamond loop that I used to look at them all the time and I'm working on a camera that I can take some pictures of them soon and hope this week.

Sanjay
12/01/2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by zooqi
I need corals like a foot wide or wider or close to a foot. .

Zooqi:

I have a huge frag of the sinualria that is quite close to a 10" across when fully open. It has in a nice greenish/blue hue to it. You guys who like blue lighting will definately see it :-).

sanjay.

yellowtruck75
12/01/2003, 06:15 PM
Sanjay
you got any pictures?

yellowtruck75
12/01/2003, 06:22 PM
Mo
What do you need a softy frag that large for?

zooqi
12/01/2003, 11:36 PM
Sanjay: will take it and will PM you. I know which one you are talking about . Any more ? :) I need some nice big show softies to set them in the mall and some I'm looking to put together for the next project I'm planning to have.

zooqi
12/01/2003, 11:41 PM
It seems that we have two threads about frag list for the meeting and it makes it hard to know which one to follow and where to post. I don't know if we should post the same list in both threads or what so everybody can see. What do you guys think?

71goalie
12/02/2003, 09:22 AM
I just found this thread. The meeting looks like a possibility for me & my wife, as long as I remember to tell her to take off from work. I don't have any frags but I have some dead presidents. It would also be nice to finally meet everyone. To whomever is keeping a head count, I will let them know my final status in a few weeks or so.

Brad: The young kid @ Shear Heaven is Shawn (Sp??). It's taken my wife & I a few times going to the store to get him to "warm" up to us. I've found that as long as you don't go in there acting like you know everything there is to know about saltwater, they are pretty friendly, including Jim, especially if you let your wife do the talking! ;)

nixnutz
12/02/2003, 12:48 PM
I agree MO. We should let this thread die. Create a new thread called "Frag swap-Feb 8, 2004-Who's coming?" That way people can go there and let us know they're coming.

The other thread has pretty much remained a livestock trade/sell thread so we can keep going with it.

Maybe also start an equipment trade/sell/WTB thread.

JMO
Rahn

Malcolm_C
12/02/2003, 02:17 PM
Man you guys are at this again! I hope i can make it. my wife and I may be in Cali in Feb, I just don't know when, but I'm sure Larry and I will attend, I'll get with the jersey people to see if anyone else is interested in comming.

nixnutz
12/02/2003, 03:36 PM
Attendance list so far:

Mo
Nix
ByTor
Beerman
Tag
Millisec (Philly)
Mal3
Holeinone1972(Rob from ECC-gonna try)
Fizz71
JonK
Bmkindig
yellowtruck75
mind3d
nancysnuwave(maybe)
Snookie & Jenster (with beer :) )
Sanjay(gonna try)
GarSrtn
Shotgun Shrimp (NY... if good weather)
Zack136 (NY...weather permitting...and of course you're invited)
Picassomike (although he hasn't committed... ;) )
71goalie & Wife (if he remebers to remind her... :D )
Mad_drama & Larry (NJ...unless he's in CA)

That's 25 so far. Memebers of URS, PARC, NJRC and PMAS are all invited, so spread the word and let us know if you're coming. Also, If we start a new "who's gonna be there" thread, cut and paste this list to the new thread.

Rahn

Fizz71
12/02/2003, 04:04 PM
What if I made some web pages up to track who is coming and such...would that be worth the effort? I know I mentioned something like that to this to Zooqi the last time, before the NCPARS site was up.

--Fizz

picassomike
12/02/2003, 04:16 PM
Yea I'll be there,any idea on what time its gonna start?

Mike

_ShotgunShrimp_
12/02/2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by yellowtruck75
I was reading about a meeting in Ohio where everyone brought a container of there sand and put it into a large bin and at the end of the meeting it was mixed and everyone got out the amount they put in. Has anyone ever done something similiar to share bugs, I think this is a good idea if it would work, what do you guys think?

you also get Shared problems... if someone has an "issue" with there tank that they dont really know about (monti nudi's come to mind) then everyone can have them...

yellowtruck75
12/02/2003, 09:21 PM
very true ShotgunShrimp_ I did not think of that

Mal3
12/02/2003, 11:21 PM
What if I made some web pages up to track who is coming and such...would that be worth the effort? I know I mentioned something like that to this to Zooqi the last time, before the NCPARS site was up.

Fizz

I think that is the best way to go.

Fizz, can we get a web page to let people post if they are coming and enter their list of items and their want list?

If the members can post the information themselves, then this is easy. Then we could use it in the future for all meetings.

Possibly something like frags.org, but simple. Give each person a profile and login?

What do you think?

Fizz71
12/02/2003, 11:33 PM
At this point I don't think it's worth investing in a whole new domain name, but I can throw something up on my site. We could put it on ncpars too, but only if they are Microsoft based. If it's unix..then I can't code it. I've been Bill Gate's b*tch for about 10 years now so there's no going back for me. :)

I'll see if I can put something up by tommorrow. I'll steal some code from my other sites to get something up quick, then we can improve on it as we go.

--Fizz

V-10Power
12/03/2003, 11:35 AM
Hello folks,

After an online chat with Bytor, I've learned of NCPARS.

I've also been chatting with Nixnutx who informed me of this planned swap meeting.

Both have been very friendly and generous.

I've talked with a couple of my buddies and we would like to join in the swap meet.

Please keep us informed by sending any information to me at kirksimon@comcast.net

Sincerely,

Kirk Simon

Tagamet
12/03/2003, 11:52 AM
I have a huge green hairy mushroom that's a foot across that yuou're welcome to.
Just let me know,
Tagamet

nixnutz
12/03/2003, 11:52 AM
Nice to see ya here Kirk. We'll keep you guys up to date and we look forward to meeting you all.

We're almost to 30 and it's still 2 months away. This should be a good one.

Fizz-Run with it. I have web space too if we need it. We can just link to it from NCPARS wherever it is. Let me know what ya need.

Rahn

Fizz71
12/03/2003, 03:01 PM
Try this out:

http://www.fizzhome.com/ncpars

...and I know the images aren't working so please don't even try to upload any. I've never used ASPUpload before and I have it working on my machine, but I have to work on getting it to work at my host.

But in the mean time..we can still see if this works for us.

The code is pretty raw..barely tested..limited error checking. If you blow it up, let me know how (PM me) and I'll fix it. The colors are taken from another site..I can mess with that later too.

--Fizz

Fizz71
12/03/2003, 03:11 PM
I see Tagament's in there already. Let me know what you guys/gals think. For now I'm thinking about rewording it so that frags becomes frags/equipment since it's all the same, unless you folks really think it needs to be split.

--Fizz

Tagamet
12/03/2003, 03:11 PM
Fizz71
Cool! The site worked fione for me to register.
Tagamet

Mal3
12/03/2003, 08:45 PM
Hay everyone. The site Fizz did is GREAT!!!!

Fizz, nice job!!! What talent!

Everyone must use it . It lets you reserve your frags and everything.

Check it out!!!

nixnutz
12/03/2003, 09:09 PM
I am trying to add pictures, but it says:

"An error occurred: Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment "

Not sure why, but it could be bug #1....;)

It's really great though! Mal3--I accepted your request. I think I'll request some of that gorgonian.

Rahn

Mal3
12/03/2003, 09:15 PM
Fizz,

How do you get the "add my name" to work on your site?

nixnutz
12/03/2003, 09:16 PM
You mean to add you to the attending list? Or to request a frag from someone?

Rahn

Tagamet
12/03/2003, 09:25 PM
Hi,
Maybe bug #2? I requested one of Sanjay's bluetipped stags and his "available went down by eight?"
Tagamet

nixnutz
12/03/2003, 09:31 PM
I wondered where they all went??? I just want one, so quit hogging them Tag!!! :rolleye1:

Rahn

Mal3
12/03/2003, 09:31 PM
Request a frag from someone

Tagamet
12/03/2003, 09:33 PM
I wondered where they all went??? I just want one, so quit hogging them Tag!!! :rolleye1:
Rahn

Darn Parkinson's. I guess my finger kept twitching..... (seriously, I only wanted one, as well.

Tagamet

nixnutz
12/03/2003, 09:35 PM
You just click ONE TIME (tag) on "add my name" and it adds you. Apparently you did it right, 'cause you requested a ByTor orange from me and I accepted it. It now shows 1 promised for you. Once you hit "add my name", it won't add you until the person offering the frag accepts your request. So hitting the button 8 times (Tag) just doesn't work (g). HTH

Rahn

Tagamet
12/03/2003, 09:37 PM
You just click ONE TIME (tag) on "add my name" and it adds you. Apparently you did it right, 'cause you requested a ByTor orange from me and I accepted it. It now shows 1 promised for you. Once you hit "add my name", it won't add you until the person offering the frag accepts your request. So hitting the button 8 times (Tag) just doesn't work (g). HTH
Rahn

SEE? For once I DIDN'T screw up!
Tagamet

Tagamet
12/03/2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Tagamet
SEE? For once I DIDN'T screw up!
Tagamet

FWIW, That really IS an ingenious setup. I've never seen one like this, let alone one so slick.
Tagamet

nixnutz
12/03/2003, 09:54 PM
It is quite cool Fizz. Very well done. I wish all my "thrown together projects were as cool as this! YOU DA MAN!!!

Rahn

Tag...you like my avatar...:D
<----------I think ByTor's gonna love it...Revenge is sooooo sweeeet.

Mal3
12/03/2003, 09:55 PM
I am not sure you understand. I put in my frag list and next to requesting, the add my name link did not appear for other to select my frags. Why did the link not appear? Do I have to turn it on?

Requesting: {Add My Name}

nixnutz
12/03/2003, 09:58 PM
It won't appear for you because you're offering the frag. I can't see it on mine either, but it's on yours, Sanjay's, and Fizz's. You can only see it on everyone else's offerings. Does that make sense?? I hate message boards sometimes....LOL

Now go to "My Stuff" at the top of the page and click on it. Then scroll down to your encrusting gorgonian and hit the "accept" button for my request and Tag's request.

Rahn :D

yellowtruck75
12/03/2003, 10:08 PM
Is it possible to take your name off a request list. I am planning on coming but if we have snow or bad weather then i will not be able to? If I want to know about a certain frag I just contact the "seller" personally right? There is no way to do it on that website?

yellowtruck75
12/03/2003, 10:18 PM
nevermind I figured it out

nixnutz
12/03/2003, 10:28 PM
Disregard my post about Pics. I just re-read your post and realized that you forewarned us about uploading pics...sorry. Great job!

Rahn

yellowtruck75
12/03/2003, 10:37 PM
nixnutz
I see you have colt frags avialable but unmounted because you can't get them to attach. Try using fishing line and a needle. Works for me everytime, just thought I would help.

nixnutz
12/03/2003, 11:01 PM
Tried to do that and it wouldn't stay hooked. I think I've got an exceptionally slippery breed or something. :) I did the fishing line thingy and it held them the longest, but not permanantly. Thanx though.

Now that we're on page 4, here's Fizz's site he made up for the swap. When you enter your name and password, be sure to use your RC name so ppl can contact you.

Rahn

Tagamet
12/03/2003, 11:04 PM
Tried to do that and it wouldn't stay hooked. I think I've got an exceptionally slippery breed or something. :) I did the fishing line thingy and it held them the longest, but not permanantly. Thanx though.

Rahn

There was a thread on the theil list about attaching colt frags by using a plastic fork with the middle tines broken off. You might try that.
Tagamet

nixnutz
12/03/2003, 11:09 PM
Now that one i hadn't heard, so I'll give it a go. Thanx dude!

Rahn

Tagamet
12/03/2003, 11:13 PM
Now that one i hadn't heard, so I'll give it a go. Thanx dude!

Rahn

Never a problem. "None of us is as smart as all of us"!
Tagamet

millisec
12/03/2003, 11:55 PM
Nice website but one suggestion. Everyone is either trading and/or selling so it would be nice if there was a price listed with the item. Even if just trading it portrays the perceived value of the item and eliminates some unnecessary correspondance between the traders. Food for thought.

Fizz71
12/04/2003, 12:55 AM
Hi,
Maybe bug #2? I requested one of Sanjay's bluetipped stags and his "available went down by eight?"
Tagamet

Is this really true? The only time the number should reduce is when it is ACCEPTED by Sanjay..requesting shouldn't affect the numbers.

Originally posted by millisec
Nice website but one suggestion. Everyone is either trading and/or selling so it would be nice if there was a price listed with the item. Even if just trading it portrays the perceived value of the item and eliminates some unnecessary correspondance between the traders. Food for thought.

Ok...I'll think about that..I figure this thing will grow anyway.

Thanks for the reponses guys..I think it looks nice too..I didn't really test it with alot of valid data, so now I can see what it really looks like.

I'll give my host a day or two on the images. The code works fine on my local server. It's a real pain..I'm so used to having total control over the servers I work with.

--Fizz

Fizz71
12/04/2003, 12:58 AM
Heh..now I found a bug...The "My Requests" is supposed to show the user you're requesting the frag from, not you...duh. I'll get it tommorrow.

--Fizz

Bill King
12/04/2003, 08:37 AM
There was a thread on the theil list about attaching colt frags by using a plastic fork with the middle tines broken off. You might try that.
I've had good luck just "pinching" the frag between two pieces of rubble. The frag usually attaches to both rocks, but it's simple to cut it loose.
good luck
Bill

zooqi
12/04/2003, 08:56 AM
Most of the reefers can attach them if you brought hem unattached but in some system they don't attach fast and it takes long time.

nixnutz
12/04/2003, 09:58 AM
Mo-You got it. I re-arranged some live rock and found a piece attaching itself under a rock.

I'll just go un-attached if anyone wants some. Thanx for the suggestions guys.

Rahn

Fizz71
12/04/2003, 10:41 AM
Hey campers, I made a few changes to the site:

Profile now includes "Real Name"..this will show up on certain screens to help you identify folks you're dealing with at the meeting...of course they have to provide it first. It's on the profile screen. First name or acutal nickname is fine.

Items now include "Cost"...But you don't have to use a single number...You can put in something like "$5 to $10" and we'll understand that it depends on the size of the frag if you have more than one.

I also put some automatic scrolling so if you "Add My Name" it would come right back to about where you left off. As well as some links on other pages to jump to certain regions.

I also fixed the problem of the wrong names appearing..I think I got them all.

And finally....IMAGE LINKING IS UP. Uploading was temporarily removed until my host gets off their butts, but if you upload your image to your ReefCentral photo gallery, you can paste the full URL in there and it should work. It actually accepts any URL since it opens it in a new window, so web pages would work too.

Enjoy.

--Fizz

nixnutz
12/04/2003, 12:01 PM
You da man! BTW, your PM box is full. Tried to send ya one.

Thanks again!
Rahn

Fizz71
12/04/2003, 12:13 PM

Oops...Fixed.

BTW ...I have an email account at yahoo.com. It's under Fizz71 as well. Do the math yourself. :) I Don't want to put it all together because there are programs out there that scan forums like this for email addresses. I already get 100 spams a day..which isn't that bad..and I want to keep it that way.

--Fizz

Tagamet
12/04/2003, 01:13 PM
Thanks again!
Rahn

BTW, don't forget your "sent mail" box. I was getting "full" messages when my INBOX only had 2 messages. I think message tracking counts toward your "full" too.
HTH
Tagamet

Fizz71
12/04/2003, 02:11 PM
BTW, don't forget your "sent mail" box. I was getting "full" messages when my INBOX only had 2 messages. I think message tracking counts toward your "full" too.
HTH
Tagamet

I'm assuming you mean on my Yahoo! account right? I don't see a "sent" in RC. I do know about my Yahoo! sent box..thanks.

--Fizz

Fizz71
12/04/2003, 02:12 PM
oh jeeez...I just found it....man...that wasn't really obvious.

--Fizz

Tagamet
12/04/2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Fizz71
oh jeeez...I just found it....man...that wasn't really obvious.

--Fizz

K

JonK
12/04/2003, 04:41 PM
Hey guys,

My Screen Name on Fizz's site is Jonddk, it wouldn't accept a 4 letter screen name. It had to be 5 letters or more. I'll post my frags and stuff soon.

Jon

yellowtruck75
12/06/2003, 03:04 PM
Quick question about the frag site and meeting. I am 100% planing on going but i havn't posted my frags yet. What if I post my frags and get requests but then we get snow and I am unable to make the trip?

PS:Anyone want to buy an ozone generator

zooqi
12/06/2003, 03:14 PM
Yellow,, I can pick you up on my way down.

millisec
12/06/2003, 03:15 PM
Quick question about the frag site and meeting. I am 100% planing on going but i havn't posted my frags yet. What if I post my frags and get requests but then we get snow and I am unable to make the trip?

PS:Anyone want to buy an ozone generator

Basically then oh well... could happen to anyone or everyone for any reason.

I might be interested in a ozone gen since both of mine are broken right now. What brand & model & how much?

Tagamet
12/06/2003, 03:15 PM

Then you will be terminated, with extreme prejudice. (jk) Seriously, the people who want *your* stuff will be disappointed, but the people who have uprooted or fragged critters FOR you will be angry.
Tagamet

Fizz71
12/06/2003, 05:58 PM
What can I say but..Sh*t happens. It's also worth you folks with requests for more frags than you have to NOT reject the person. Leave them in the "request" section..that way if somebody fails to make it and cancels the request..you have a line. :) This also means it's worth it for folks to put in a request even if there are none left..for the same reason.

And in case you folks haven't figured it out, the names for requests and promises are always in the order they were requested or promised, so whoever's name is first should be next in line. Accept of course that little code I put in there to always move Fizz71 first. :) Just kidding.

And Sanjay...if you get a chance could you let us know what the cost is for your frags...I have nothing to trade so I'll need to buy and I want to make sure I have enough cash that day. I've also been told your frags are generally on the large side (not a bad thing of course) and your corals will be my first SPSs so if the cost is too high, I may just take one montipora.

Thanks everyone...keep using that site..it seems to be working well. I'll be adding a wish list and probably some more profile items like email (optional of course) and password change capablities.

And to those folks that aren't coming..you can register on the site and mark yourself as NOT COMING (which is actually the default) just in case you're curious about what's out there.

--Fizz

yellowtruck75
12/06/2003, 06:01 PM
Nevermind what I said, it will take a huge storm to keep me from this meetings. Other than finals and Christmas this meeting is my number 1 priority in the near future.

Zooqi
Thanks for the offer but I am hoping my F-150 can make it through the snow, your a great guy for the offer.

71goalie
12/07/2003, 12:50 AM
i don't know man - everyone knows how fords can be!!! :)

nixnutz
12/07/2003, 12:54 AM
Watch it!! Us Ford guys get insulted rather quickly. :D

Rahn

sixpackrt
12/07/2003, 02:06 AM
found on road dead
fix or repair daily

millisec
12/07/2003, 02:08 AM
Hehehe... I always liked the one... F'd ole rebuilt Dodge.

sixpackrt
12/07/2003, 02:25 AM
hey now i own a dodge

beerman0831
12/07/2003, 02:26 AM
Hey I own a Dodge and a Ford.

sixpackrt
12/07/2003, 02:35 AM
here's my junk

http://members.aol.com/sixpackrt70/rt16.jpg
http://members.aol.com/sixpackrt70/rt10.jpg
http://members.aol.com/sixpackrt70/rt12.jpg

millisec
12/07/2003, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by sixpackrt
hey now i own a dodge

:lol: I was a fully fanatic Mopar head in the day, worked as a Ford heavy line mechanic, and peddled parts through college so I'm entitled (to deride old Dodge pickups). 70 Challenger RT 440 sixpack, 70 Cuda, 69 Charger, 68 Charger, 66 Dart convertible and of course the terror of all road terrors a Plymouth Fury III 440 battleship. Well... when I was 16 I bumped one of the early Datsun 240Z's broadside with Mom's old sixty something Plymouth Belvedere station wagon and utterly annilated it. The wagon had a little paint smear on the front bumper. Ironically I now drive a 300ZX. As for trucks... Chevy from my first 69 shortbed fleetside to my last 2000 Tahoe LT.

millisec
12/07/2003, 03:11 AM
here's my junk

[

Nice... Coronet right? The one I always wanted back when and never got was a lime green superbird. Never got my hands on any of the wild colors. Silver challenger, green cuda & fury, red chargers and the yellow dart.

sixpackrt
12/07/2003, 03:18 AM
70 coronet R/T 440+6pack
1 of 97 440+6 auto's
total of 194 auto and stick 440+6pack coronet R/T's
Right now i got over 10 grand in nos parts
also im redoing the engine just had the heads done cost me 750
just to have then done over all brand new stainless steel valves

the only other thing taking my money is my damn reef tank

nixnutz
12/07/2003, 10:25 AM
:thumbsup: Sweet ride six!!!

First On Race Day... :D

I guess you guys forgot that one? LOL

Rahn

nixnutz
12/07/2003, 11:01 PM
Dag nabbbit!!! You're too darn quick for me! I just missed that unknown Bali SPS milli posted. Are you watching that site 24-7? Oh well, here's your heads-up...I'm posting those birdsnest frags. Come and get 'em!!

Rahn

bmkindig
12/07/2003, 11:32 PM
hey rahn maybe you'll get lucky and the host will get 1st crack at it.

Tagamet
12/07/2003, 11:37 PM

Dag nabbbit!!! You're too darn quick for me!
I just missed ......
Are you watching that site 24-7?.........
Oh well, here's your heads-up......
Come and get 'em!!..........

Five quotes from my spouse (evil laugh)

Tagamet

nixnutz
12/07/2003, 11:51 PM
Always the smart a**... :rolleye1: Although I have to admit that at least two of those quotes could be attributed to my wife too. You can decide which two ;)

Brad--I'm going to see what I can do about that...at the very least I think I should get first crack at the frags Tag will have when it's an entire colony...Hint Hint.... :wave:

Rahn

bmkindig
12/08/2003, 12:00 AM
hey rahn
did you say were stealing tags frags!!!!!
you can have the sps and i'll take the softies
lol
hi tag(evil grin)

later
brad

Tagamet
12/08/2003, 12:06 AM
hey rahn maybe you'll get lucky and the host will get 1st crack at it.

Hey! Fair is Fair! First come, first served (heehee) (Spoken like the first one there)
Tagamet

bmkindig
12/08/2003, 12:20 AM
hey larry,
i thought i'd give the host some support.
y do you think i can't sleep at night .waiting for each and every frag report update i accully get mad if i go all day and noone posts anything itdrives me nutz only 8 weeks left and the lots of frags sold, and soldout allready.
true 1st come 1st serve but it is the sellers choice.
later
brad

nixnutz
12/08/2003, 12:22 AM
Acquiring with stealth and haste.... :thumbsup:

SHHHHH--don't tell Tag...

Rahn

bmkindig
12/08/2003, 12:39 AM
hey rahn -sneaky
i like it
what you say, agian tell who, what?
we can raid larry's tank if and when he sleeps since us young folk don't need as much sleep!!!!
brad

(ps i hit 300 posts tonight)

nixnutz
12/08/2003, 12:56 AM
Sounds like a plan....SNEAKY!!!

congrats on 300+ :thumbsup:

as far as young folks go, see above post concerning wife quotes...LOL... :lol:

Nite all!

Rahn

Tagamet
12/08/2003, 12:56 AM
hey rahn -sneaky
i like it
what you say, agian tell who, what?
we can raid larry's tank if and when he sleeps since us young folk don't need as much sleep!!!!
brad
(ps i hit 300 posts tonight)

Brad, you've got it backwards! It's us OLD folks that don't sleep much. How do you think I monitor the swap site 24/7? LOL
I get 4 hours sleep every 24 hours. It doesn't matter which 4 hours. 10 to 2, 2 to 6. am or pm. Doesn't matter. It's been that way since April, 1979. Hmmm, when were you BORN? heehee
Tagamet

bmkindig
12/08/2003, 06:03 PM
hey tag
may 3 1973, and i've never slept alot i was always the last 1 to sleep and the 1st 1 up 4 hours night is good enough for me and thats to much sometimes
later
brad

CherryCat
12/09/2003, 08:54 AM
would anyone be opposed to my posting a few non-reef items for trade?? i have nothing to trade at this time and would like to keep my collection of dead presidents as whole as possible ... ;)

examples are:

used 1.3mp digital camera
used sony psone

lemme know, plz ...

cheers!!
jc

Tagamet
12/09/2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by CherryCat
would anyone be opposed to my posting a few non-reef items for trade?? i have nothing to trade at this time and would like to keep my collection of dead presidents as whole as possible ... ;)
examples are:
used 1.3mp digital camera
used sony psone
lemme know, plz ...
cheers!!
jc

I don't care a bit, but that's just me. There may well be people who have something that's not reef related to trade for that tank of yours too (hint: nix_ _ _ z).
Tagamet

Malcolm_C
12/09/2003, 12:58 PM
anyone have any polk audia theater speakers, i'll hook you up for a pair of those :)

nixnutz
12/09/2003, 01:18 PM
I'm with you on this Tag, I don't mind. You never know what people are looking for, so I say go ahead and list it.

Thanx for the hint Tag.... I believe that we have made deal. Thanx though ;)

Rahn

Tagamet
12/09/2003, 01:50 PM
I'm with you on this Tag, I don't mind. You never know what people are looking for, so I say go ahead and list it.
Thanx for the hint Tag.... I believe that we have made deal. Thanx though ;)
Rahn

Congrats!
Tagamet

nixnutz
12/09/2003, 04:20 PM
:thumbsup: Can't wait to get it!

Rahn

millisec
12/09/2003, 05:24 PM
Just for the record... I've posted some good stuff I know I'll have plenty of. But... Perhaps the best is yet to come and a few select previous and present trading partners have something to look forward to :lol: I might even give up a couple polyps of this...
:eek1:

nixnutz
12/09/2003, 07:29 PM
You evil, teasing zoanthid hog!!! :eek: Where did you get those? You get all the great stuff.

I meant to say Milli....old pal....former and present trading partner ... buddy .... those are very nice zo's. I would love to swap for a frag of them.

YOU ZO MONGOR!!!! :D

Rahn

BTW...I have some of milli's jade zo's and solomon red dots from the october swap and they are shaweet! Both are just as he's described them and have more than doubled in # of polyps since the swap. (Brownie points for me? ;) )

millisec
12/09/2003, 08:10 PM
You evil, teasing zoanthid hog!!! :eek: Where did you get those? You get all the great stuff.

I meant to say Milli....old pal....former and present trading partner ... buddy .... those are very nice zo's. I would love to swap for a frag of them.

YOU ZO MONGOR!!!! :D

Rahn

BTW...I have some of milli's jade zo's and solomon red dots from the october swap and they are shaweet! Both are just as he's described them and have more than doubled in # of polyps since the swap. (Brownie points for me? ;) )

:lol: Yes I try... That tease was to good to resist. A new aquistion arriving Thursday of solid metallic reds with purple mouth. Been trying to get those for sometime. Actually same family as the jades of solid colors with purple mouths. Also have a few of the green version (Melev's killer greens). Since I'm unemployed I have little to do but be a zoo hunting ho :lol:

Like I said I'll probably be able to give up a few polyps. Since Tag smoked you on the SPS your first on the list along with Brad. I'll probably also have a couple different blues and a few other special polyps.

Tagamet
12/09/2003, 08:16 PM
:lol: Yes I try... That tease was to good to resist........
Like I said I'll probably be able to give up a few polyps.

Since Tag smoked you on the SPS your first on the list along with Brad......

LOL, and here I thought Santa was just being Jolly! Ho Ho Ho (heehee)
Tagamet

ByTor
12/09/2003, 10:55 PM
Hey everyone I've added a few of my offerings to Fizz's page. Nice work Fizz!

I have alot more to offer, but I need to get some more pics.
Have a look at my RC photo gallery you my see something ya like...

ByTor
12/09/2003, 11:08 PM
Hey Tag, those frags you requested are not Tag approved yet ;)

Tagamet
12/09/2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by ByTor
Hey Tag, those frags you requested are not Tag approved yet ;)

Thanks for the candid assessment. With luck, in a few years my list of Bytor approved tags will grow longer. Please remove my requests. Thanks for the continued help.
Tagamet

ByTor
12/09/2003, 11:16 PM
Tag, you know your covered... Just mess'n with ya..
I really think I did frag those for ya already.

bmkindig
12/09/2003, 11:38 PM
hey milli
thanks for saving me those awesome zoos i've got some killer zoo's maybe 1 day we well have to do a private trade just so i can get some more of those zoo'ssince theres only like 4-5 people i know within 1/2hours drive of meyour like 45mins i'd say.
brad

millisec
12/10/2003, 02:54 AM
Alright I went out and kicked down some doors to find some more bodies for the swap. I bumped the PARC thread along with the two Jersey clubs and the NY'ers. We need some fresh out of town blood with some new stuff. I did'nt see any Maryland clubs but the swap is doable for them too. Don't see many takers from upstate or Pitt either. I guess they are annoyed we went south :lol:

millisec
12/10/2003, 02:57 AM
hey milli
thanks for saving me those awesome zoos i've got some killer zoo's maybe 1 day we well have to do a private trade just so i can get some more of those zoo'ssince theres only like 4-5 people i know within 1/2hours drive of meyour like 45mins i'd say.
brad

Sounds good to me... I promised you two some zoo's early on in the other thread so you have it.

:lol: I might actually be worse than Larry... I don't ever sleep anymore. I might have a contract in January and its going to freaking kill me to have to actually get up and go to work again. But then again more money for my obcession :eek1:

Fizz71
12/10/2003, 03:33 PM
I give up. I think I figured out why the uploads still aren't working...It appears they don't have the latest version that I used that allows me to rename files before I save them so the whole thing is being scrapped. If you want images in your listing..upload them to your RC account or someplace else. If you're really desparate you can contact me and I'll put them on my site for you.

And if you haven't already noticed..I added a button to the trades screen to sort by the date they were entered. Keep in mind it's sorted by the DATE and then the user. So if I add something at noon, and you check it out at 1pm...then Millisec adds one a 2pm...if you come back on the same day Millisec's will appear BELOW mine since I'm alphabetically before him. Bottom line....If you check more than once a day...make sure you scroll down a little bit.

Enjoy.

--Fizz

Tagamet
12/10/2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Fizz71

And if you haven't already noticed..I added a button to the trades screen to sort by the date they were entered. Keep in mind it's sorted by the DATE and then the user. So if I add something at noon, and you check it out at 1pm...then Millisec adds one a 2pm...if you come back on the same day Millisec's will appear BELOW mine since I'm alphabetically before him. Bottom line....If you check more than once a day...make sure you scroll down a little bit.
Enjoy.
--Fizz

The site is bloody fantastic. PERIOD. It saves SOOO much time and effort. I can frag some things that are on people's wish lists, since I now know that there's an interest. More product. More frags. More happy campers. I really believe that it'll be a major factor in drawing a LOT of people to the swap itself.
GREAT JOB!
Tagamet

Malcolm_C
12/10/2003, 05:36 PM
My corals are updated on the webpage.

Tagamet
12/10/2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Mad_drama
My corals are updated on the webpage.

Where?

Tagamet

millisec
12/10/2003, 05:57 PM
Brad, Rahn, Larry... You might want to check the webpage :eek1:

Malcolm_C
12/10/2003, 06:02 PM
i guess my name didn't update yet

Tagamet
12/10/2003, 06:02 PM

LOL, You KNOW I LIVE there!!!!
They were not there a minute ago.
Tagamet

Tagamet
12/10/2003, 06:08 PM

Mad_Drama is still listed as degistered, but not attending.
Tagamet

Tagamet
12/10/2003, 06:21 PM
Mad_Drama is still listed as degistered, but not attending.
Tagamet

I meant registered, not degistered.
Tagamet

Fizz71
12/10/2003, 09:01 PM
If you take yourself off the attending list...or never put yourself on, you won't appear.

Mad...I added you in as "attending" so your frags appear now.

--Fizz

nixnutz
12/10/2003, 10:10 PM
Just checked in and signed up for those beauties! Thanx dude!!

Oh Boy, page 7 :D...Looks like we broke the 30 mark on attendees and there's 8 weeks to go. Thanx Milli for spreadin' the word.

Tag...I agree, the site is perfect! No complaints here Fizz. Keep up the good work.

I'll be posting some more stuff in the next couple days...keep an open eye! ;)

Rahn

millisec
12/10/2003, 10:44 PM
Just checked in and signed up for those beauties! Thanx dude!!

Oh Boy, page 7 :D...Looks like we broke the 30 mark on attendees and there's 8 weeks to go. Thanx Milli for spreadin' the word.

Tag...I agree, the site is perfect! No complaints here Fizz. Keep up the good work.

I'll be posting some more stuff in the next couple days...keep an open eye! ;)

Rahn

No problem... Looks like the prodding last night paid off. I see at least a few newcomers signed up. Frags, frags, need more frags :lol:

millisec
12/10/2003, 10:59 PM
And BTW what I would really like to see is more of the Pitt crowd coming and of course bringing zoo's, particularly Blane's stuff. Has anyone contacted Blane about attending? I wanna make the trip to see him but have not gotten around to it yet.

Tagamet
12/10/2003, 11:04 PM
And BTW what I would really like to see is more of the Pitt crowd coming and of course bringing zoo's, particularly Blane's stuff. Has anyone contacted Blane about attending? I wanna make the trip to see him but have not gotten around to it yet. This summer I drove out to his place to visit and buy some corals (mostly rics/rhodactus). He seems like a nice guy and MAY be open to the idea of coming. Given that his supply doesn't even approach the demand for his stuff, I doubt that his prices would be very well received. I *DO* know that what gets his attention is the chance to get a zoo he doesn't have. For THAT, he'd make the trip on his knees. You may be the key to that, Mille.
Tagamet

millisec
12/10/2003, 11:12 PM
I wish... I may be a maniacal collector but I doubt I have much of anything he does not already have. Theres been a whole lot of complaints about him but I hear he has gone out of his way to increase frag sizes, reduce prices and improve customer relations. Just a thought... and the Pitt crowd has a lot of his stuff.

nixnutz
12/10/2003, 11:34 PM
Maniacal collector...that's like saying Einstein was a pretty smart guy (grin @ Tag). You're a mongor dude!! But a generous mongor :D so we'll keep ya around.

Rahn

bob124578
12/11/2003, 12:21 AM
Hey, what up with the Winterfest website. I haven't been able to get on for days. Is it me or server busy?

nixnutz
12/11/2003, 12:25 AM
I'm not sure. I was on there a little while ago. I tried to request a frag of Sanjay's green polyp yellow leather and it wouldn't let me. Since then I can't get on the site. :confused:

Fizz? Can you check it out?

Rahn

Tagamet
12/11/2003, 01:48 AM
Just got back from picking up my dear daughter at the airport. It's 1:52 a.m. and the site is still down.
Temporary inconvenience, permanent improvement? (g)
Tagamet

Tagamet
12/11/2003, 03:04 AM
Still down at 3:08
Night all,
Tagamet

sixpackrt
12/11/2003, 05:17 AM
it started working at 5 am

sixpackrt
12/11/2003, 05:43 AM
site back down 5:47 :mad2:

CherryCat
12/11/2003, 07:13 AM
7:15 ... site is working ...

sixpackrt
12/11/2003, 07:18 AM
i keep trying it keeps saying cant find server

Tagamet
12/11/2003, 07:48 AM
it started working at 5 am

Thanks!
Tagamet

reefguyinpa
12/11/2003, 07:48 AM
7:50 site down!

reefguyinpa
12/11/2003, 08:57 AM
9:00am still down

nixnutz
12/11/2003, 09:36 AM
The server must have realized how cool this swap was gonna be and shut down so it could get it's frags together :D I'm sure it'll be back up and running soon.

We're like a bunch of junkies...Fizz...Fizz...dude....hook me up....I need a fix....I got a monti and cool azz acro....that should get me an hour on the site....c'mon dude....hook me up.... :smokin:

Sanjay...I got dibs on one of those sarcophyton (sp) frags. Yellow leather with green polyps. I was requesting it last night when the site went down...and no one else was in line yet... :mad: Back off you coral hogs!!! :mad:

Rahn

reefguyinpa
12/11/2003, 09:40 AM
Yellow leather green polyps?
Man I need to ghet me one of those!!

Come on Fizz we need the site up!

nixnutz
12/11/2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by reefguyinpa

Come on Fizz we need the site up!

You better watch it reefguy! :mad: I'm first!!! No jipping in line... LOL

Rahn

reefguyinpa
12/11/2003, 09:47 AM
I thought we Philly guys were guests. I thought guests were first. You should be glad to give up that leather..
LMAO!

beerman0831
12/11/2003, 09:50 AM
Hahahahaha.Thats a good one reefguyinpa.

sixpackrt
12/11/2003, 09:52 AM
watch out for nixnuts he one of those guys with the funny hats
on the side of the highway

reefguyinpa
12/11/2003, 09:52 AM
Guess it is every man for his self.
I was just kiddin. This is gonna be a great meeting with lots of corals. Should be plenty to go around.

beerman0831
12/11/2003, 09:54 AM
lol @ sixpackrt
Funny hats.lol
sorry Rahn.

nixnutz
12/11/2003, 10:01 AM
Kidding too...but that leather is cool. You guys are guests and we're glad to have you, but when it comes to cool corals...it's every reefer for himself! :D (kidding again)

Beerman-you need to be finding a way to get that tank and quit posting! ;)

Six--I only watch for guys in cool azz 1970 dodge coronets when I'm on the side of the road....no worries. :cool: I need a "funny hat" smiley!

Rahn

beerman0831
12/11/2003, 10:04 AM
No one is answering the phone there.He said it`s sold.What more can I do.lol

nixnutz
12/11/2003, 10:07 AM
Tell him that if he doesn't sell you the tank, the guys in the funny hats will pay him a visit. :eek1:

Rahn

beerman0831
12/11/2003, 10:13 AM
Well thats an idea.lol

CherryCat
12/11/2003, 10:49 AM
just to confuse matters more, when i snuck into fizz's zite at 7:15 this am, i was able to put in my dibs for one of sanjay's green polyped babies. whether or not it actually goes through is put for debate.

jc

ps- the site's still down ... i still want my dibs on that green haired beauty, tho!!

sixpackrt
12/11/2003, 10:54 AM
come on site i been up all night trying to get on
i want to add more stuff

yellowtruck75
12/11/2003, 11:09 AM
Come on someone get that site working I have gone a whole day with out requesting or posting a frage. I am going through withdrawl.

reefguyinpa
12/11/2003, 11:18 AM
I was thinkin about putting a monster Pearl Bubble up for grabs too.

sixpackrt
12/11/2003, 11:21 AM
damn you all
i need my fix NOW damit

fizz where are you?

nixnutz
12/11/2003, 11:33 AM
Hi....my name is Rahn....and....(sniffle)...I'm addicted to zoanthids, SPS, and softies....I've been clean for 12 hours now.....AND I HATE IT!!!!!! :p

Junkies we are....

Rahn

yellowtruck75
12/11/2003, 11:49 AM
I am getting the shakes

CherryCat
12/11/2003, 12:42 PM
okay, i'm supposed to be studying right now for some work we're doing in class this afternoon. instead, i'm sitting here waiting for fizz to fix the site!!

still down @ 12:40 ... boo-hoo!! :(

Tagamet
12/11/2003, 12:48 PM
What a sorry lot you guys are! (lol).
While you guys were sitting here whining, I drove down to Sanjay's house and all his green tipped leathers. BRHUHAHAHAHAHA.
Tagamet

CherryCat
12/11/2003, 12:51 PM
hey!! :confused: that's not right, man!! it's just plain wrong!!

it's not funny, either!! :fun2:

Tagamet
12/11/2003, 12:52 PM
ROTFLMAO!
Anon

Tagamet
12/11/2003, 12:55 PM
And they were only $2 a piece!
Tagamet

Tagamet
12/11/2003, 12:56 PM
And 6 inches tall, each mounted on a 2 pound piece of tonga LR!

Tagamet
12/11/2003, 12:57 PM
GREAT BUY! You shoulda BEEN there!
Tagamet

CherryCat
12/11/2003, 01:01 PM
ya know, i'm supposed to be giving a massage this afternoon ... now i'm gonna end up injuring my poor client due to the stress!! :(

it's not that you went and hogged those poor, innocent, beautiful green haired babies, no. it's that yer gloating about it!! in public!!

CherryCat
12/11/2003, 01:02 PM
ya see, now i know yer just fooling ... there's no way those guys were 6 inches tall!!

alright, i'm off to injure a client in class ... hehehe ...

Tagamet
12/11/2003, 01:04 PM
CherryCat,
Check your PM!
Tagamet
(Back to work myself)

bmkindig
12/11/2003, 03:25 PM
hey guys
it's it's all my fault i had my xmas party for work last night in harrisburg and since i was spending the night i didn't want anyone stealing all the cool frags so i shut the website down till i got home.
lol what a feaky thought thou (evil aren't i)
i hope it gets up soon i'm going thou withdraw.
later
brad

millisec
12/11/2003, 03:46 PM
OMG... I'm gonna get all the frags because your all gonna stroke out :lol: I've not been sleeping much lately but I'm glad I binge slept through all this. Maybe Larry can fix you all up with a nice thorazine and lithium cocktail to soothe those frag blues :fun5:

And yes... us Philly guys are guests and get first dibs on green polyp yellow leather :rolleyes:

And yes... it's 3:45 PM and site is down.

bmkindig
12/11/2003, 04:03 PM
hey fizz
where you at can you fix it.
4:15

71goalie
12/11/2003, 04:09 PM
you guys are going to get him mad and he'll just wipe out the site completely!!!!! then where will you be??? :)

millisec
12/11/2003, 04:14 PM
Its back up at 4:15... and sorry yes I'm a frag mongering ho :lol:

71goalie
12/11/2003, 04:16 PM
just as a "feeler" --> I may be intrerested in trading away my long tenticle anemone. I've had it for about 6 months. the thing has more than doubled in size and is irritating some mushrooms and polyps that I have in tank. It eats VERY well. It actually ate a cleaner shrimp. I know because it spit out the exoskeleton. i can post pictures later if someone is interested. I would just have to check with my wife (aka "The Boss") if that is what she wants to do.

71goalie
12/11/2003, 04:30 PM
any chance you can change your avatar back to your kid??? he was much better to look at!!!! :D :D :D

Sanjay
12/11/2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by reefguyinpa

I don't think I ever said it was yellow !! You can see the yellow leather in the pics next to it. Its the shade of regular sacro, but the polyps are definately light green.

sanjay.

yellowtruck75
12/11/2003, 06:31 PM
How do I post a picture on the frag site from my computer?

Tagamet
12/11/2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Sanjay
I don't think I ever said it was yellow !! You can see the yellow leather in the pics next to it. Its the shade of regular sacro, but the polyps are definately light green.
sanjay.

From the picture, it's still a very cool looking leather. Very unusual!
Tagamet

Tagamet
12/11/2003, 06:34 PM
How do I post a picture on the frag site from my computer?

You can't. It has to be posted somewhere on the web, like on RC. Then you just paste the url from RC (when the pic is screened) into the url box at the swap site.
HTH, It works like a charm.
Tagamet

yellowtruck75
12/11/2003, 07:00 PM
how do I put photos in my gallery on RC?

Tagamet
12/11/2003, 07:04 PM

The hardest part is getting the file size under 50K. Once you do that you just go to your gallery on RC and select "upload". Then browse to the spot on your hard drive that has the pic. A copy of the pic is uploaded to RC and the pic is then in your gallery. To get the pic file size small, reduce the resolution to 640X480 or smaller and save as a low res jpg.
HTH,
Tagamet

millisec
12/11/2003, 07:12 PM

You obviously have an ISP and almost all provide webspace with your service. Thats the best location since it can be whatever size you want up yo your probable 10mb limit.

Tagamet
12/11/2003, 07:16 PM
You obviously have an ISP and almost all provide webspace with your service. Thats the best location since it can be whatever size you want up yo your probable 10mb limit.

Also a way to go. Then you're just posting the url to your isp. The downside to this, is that dialup users will take forever to view your pic's.
Lottsa ways to go.
Tagamet

yellowtruck75
12/11/2003, 08:01 PM
I figured out the phote gallery thanks for the help guys.

I figured out the only down side to the frag site. That is its alphabetical and my name starts with a Z so by the time some gets to the bottom they have already filled their wishlist :)

ByTor
12/11/2003, 09:40 PM
Boy O Boy you guys need help!!! LMAO!!!

Tag, I think they may need a few sessions........

Tagamet
12/11/2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by ByTor
Boy O Boy you guys need help!!! LMAO!!!

Tag, I think they may need a few sessions........

I know the limits of my expertise, and this group far exceeds it. (wink)
Tagamet

Fizz71
12/11/2003, 10:36 PM
Hey guys...I posted earlier but I guess it didn't get saved. I'm sorry the site was down..I'm actually off work until Monday so I'm not on here as much.

Anyway...If you get a message that says "cannot find site" or something like that..there isn't a darn thing I can do about it. My hosting company cost me about $20 for the whole year, including the domain name. It's cheap, but the downside is that their uptime sucks. They've been pretty good lately, but still drop once in a while.

Now if you get an error on a page in the site..let me know so I can fix it, but if the whole site is down, my hands are tied. It's sad because I work for a company that does hosting..but even they couldn't compete with what I paid for the fizzhome site. Actually...our two main computer techs BOTH have sites on the same host as me..so that should tell you something...my company is NOT cheap.

It's been up the last two times I checked, so I guess they fixed whatever the problem was.

--Fizz

nixnutz
12/11/2003, 10:59 PM
:thumbsup: You're still the man dude! Thanks again for the site. You've spoiled us all... ;)

Rahn

Tagamet
12/11/2003, 11:11 PM
:thumbsup: You're still the man dude! Thanks again for the site. You've spoiled us all... ;)

Rahn

Ditto!
Tagamet

Python73
12/12/2003, 12:20 AM
Fizz - daaaaaaaaamn that's nice. Are you above taking "thank you" frags? :)

S !

Tagamet
12/12/2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Python73
Fizz - daaaaaaaaamn that's nice. Are you above taking "thank you" frags? :)

S !

I KNEW you'd be impredded! Now spread the word!!!
Tagamet
Western Penna. Liason of NCPARS Affairs (WPLNA)

bmkindig
12/12/2003, 12:45 AM
hey guys
i'm changing my name to fizz (free frags for me)
brad oopps fizz

Tagamet
12/12/2003, 12:52 AM
I KNEW you'd be impredded! Now spread the word!!!
Tagamet
Western Penna. Liason of NCPARS Affairs (WPLNA)

impredded??? I meant impressed!
Tagamet

Mal3
12/12/2003, 11:48 PM
What happened? Is everyone burned out? I can't believe no posts.

Tagamet
12/12/2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Mal3
What happened? Is everyone burned out? I can't believe no posts.

I just posted last night! What am I , chopped liver? (lol). BTW, Python is signed up at the swap site, so at least one of the Pittsburgers are coming. I doubt that he'll be alone. Very cool, another pool of frags infused into the swap. He's the "Event Coordinator, or some such title of PMAS so they may make a road trip enmasse.
Cool, huh?
Tagamet

bmkindig
12/13/2003, 12:13 AM
yeah mal
whats up with that i posted early am today
hey tag
about about us eastern edge of the state people?i'm spreading the word around here like wild fire!hell i've even gotten us to sponsors for the club, hows that for a Liason!!!!

Tagamet
12/13/2003, 12:23 AM
yeah mal
whats up with that i posted early am today
hey tag
about about us eastern edge of the state people?i'm spreading the word around here like wild fire!hell i've even gotten us to sponsors for the club, hows that for a Liason!!!!

They say you only have to be right once to make being paranoid worth all the effort......
Between conspiritorial posts aimed at stealing my corals and "recognition" issues about trying to get PMAS people here, it sounds like I should break out my T-shirt with the target on my back.
I'm always happy to do less and you, Mal, are more than welcome to sole ownership of the totally fictitious " Western Liason" role. Wear it in good health. Maybe you could even put it on your nametag at the swap.
Tagamet

bmkindig
12/13/2003, 12:37 AM
true larry very true.
i guess we are just online way to much and just attack each other. if it makes you feel better i'll only use my paintball guns to hit the target on your back.
how about we split the role up here guys larry can be the north west laison and mal3 can be the south western liason.
buy the way larry i know nothing about anyone trying to steal your corals,maybe you need to book yourself an hour with your secrecary to help youself>>>>>laughing all the way to the bank!

Tagamet
12/13/2003, 12:51 AM
hey rahn
lol
hi tag(evil grin)

later
brad

bmkindig
12/13/2003, 01:17 AM
hey larry
that wasn't me, i'd never say that!!!!!!
lollollollol
brad

Tagamet
12/13/2003, 03:38 AM
hey rahn
lol
hi tag(evil grin)

later
brad

reefguyinpa
12/13/2003, 06:11 AM
zooqi,
You've got PM!

Bill King
12/13/2003, 10:31 AM
how about we split the role up here guys larry can be the north west laison and mal3 can be the south western liason.

Now I'm hurt!
I've been bragging you guys up to the PMAS club & I get no special name tag!
Hope to see you guys in Feb.
Bil

bmkindig
12/13/2003, 11:18 AM
hey
ooh man i'm digging a deep hole for myself!!!!!soon i'm gonna hit saltwater. all my wise cracks coming to haunt me.(sad face)
we all just need to get along.
sorry bill,we can make a name for you.
why don't we just say we are all members and the public relations/advertising board

hey bill
by the way those p.gradis have gone from 2 to now 4
thanks
brad

Tagamet
12/13/2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Bill King
Now I'm hurt!
I've been bragging you guys up to the PMAS club & I get no special name tag!
Hope to see you guys in Feb.
Bil

Bil
Watch it! I've had the special name TAG for years. Hands off! Given how big this swap is getting I'm, guessing Rahn can use all the delegates he can get. You can be the Southwestern big mouth, er, I mean liason. I'll be the Mid-western big mouth (given that no one LIVES in mid-western PA that should be pretty easy), and Mal3 can have the Northwestern PA area (esp Erie).
How's that?
TAG

Bill King
12/13/2003, 11:32 AM
Ok
I feel better now.
All is forgiven.
Tis the season you know.

See you all soon
Bll

bmkindig
12/13/2003, 11:34 AM
hey tag
my mental map is confussed.
isn't lock heaven north of reading(mal3)and i think altona(bill) is west of you not???
brad

Tagamet
12/13/2003, 11:41 AM
hey tag
my mental map is confussed.

This has been apparent for some time... (g)

isn't lock heaven north of reading(mal3)and i think altona(bill) is west of you not???
brad

Mal is south and east of me (I was confused about how he got the northwest, too) and Altoona is southwest of me (and significantly closer to Pittsburgh). I just knew some low people in high places out there (g).

TAGamet

JonK
12/13/2003, 11:41 AM
Hey guys,

Anybody bringing any Candy Cane corals for trade???

Jon

Tagamet
12/13/2003, 11:44 AM
Uh-OH! SWAP SERVER IS DOWN!!!
11:45 a.m.
Tagamet

JonK
12/13/2003, 11:53 AM
Tag,

Your logging onto that site too much!! That's why it's crashing:D

Jon

Tagamet
12/13/2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by JonK
Tag,
Your logging onto that site too much!! That's why it's crashing:D
Jon

Although a reasonable hypothesis, Fizz says it's his ISP, overwhich he has no control. Besides, I only log on once a day (for 24 hours).
Tagamet

CherryCat
12/13/2003, 01:20 PM
drat!! it's still down ... :(

jc

Mal3
12/14/2003, 12:52 PM
Hi everyone.

Well, I guess I am going to jail or something by the RC police.

I put a post about our club swap in three club forums and a moderator named Larry said that it was SPAM and really came down on me for it.

He changed the posts to a can of spam. Check this out:
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=281840
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=283442

Sorry guys if I got anyone else in trouble. I could not imagine that it would be a problem. I guess we are not allowed to tell anyone else.

JonK
12/14/2003, 12:56 PM
Mal,

Your always stirring things up aren't you??:D

I don't understand why they would consider that spam, Geez!!!

Jon

Mal3
12/14/2003, 02:13 PM
Jon,

I agree, but here is what happened. I posted to three clubs. This is what I received. You can all read it for yourself and make your own opinions.

As I said, I am sorry if this causes any problems. I will take the blame.

Mal

First PM I receive was:

Spamming club forums

Posting an "invitation" to your local club's frag trade in every club forum within 200 miles of you is spam. Reef Central will not stand such activity.
Continued spamming of our members will result in loss of your posting priveliges.

Any questions can be directed back to me, or any site administrators.
Thank you for your cooperation,
Larry

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mal3 wrote on 12/14/2003 12:37 PM:
Dear Larry,

I guess I do not understand why this is spam? I thought inviting reefers to a local reef event that they would enjoy is a good thing. I am not selling insurance or something for profit. I was not aware that it would be a problem. I thought that is the purpose of the BBS. Is there a rule about this that I should have seen? If so, I am not aware of it. I have seen other posts to reef type events on RC, even by RC.

Certainly, I did not mean any harm, but how else may you notify anyone. Certainly I do not receive any benefit, nor did anyone in our club. I did this on my own, and no one told me to do it.

If I am breaking some RC rule I am sorry, but I did not know any may exits. I would appreciate seeing that rule.

I do understand someone would have to enforce the rules too. However, I am not a terrist. You certainly are coming across very strong in your messsage. Its just a post. I did not blow up RC.

Thank you for the information.

Mal

His reply:

Re: Spamming club forums

Hi Mal,
Your announcement would be allowed in the announcement forum:
http://reefcentral.com/forums/forum...ne=&forumid=191
However, posting to all club forums within your area is considered spam by the board's owner, and administrators. You can post your announcement, but cannot post links to your announcement in all the club forums. Of course, the post is allowed in YOUR club forum.
Believe it or not, this policy exists to protect members from being innundated with unwanted advertisement, and to protect the BB from having people use it for free advertising. It's the sponsor's dollars that keep this resource free to all of us, and certain rules must be enforced to protect those that pay for the right to advertise here.
I will remove the "spam" pictures if you'd like.
Larry

I did send a reply.

I asked to be directed to the policy he referred to so I could read it. I suggested that Larry move the post to where he wanted them instead of putting SPAM cans on them.

I will post his reply if he replies.

bob124578
12/14/2003, 03:55 PM
Apparently Hormel is also a sponsor!

millisec
12/14/2003, 04:04 PM
Hmmm... maybe I should send the links to Hormel. They routinely sue for such defamatory usage of their product. All in all a pretty sad endictment of what RC has become... owned by advertisers.

I guess the next thing would be banning any and all discussion of fragging and swapping since SPONSORS sell frags and it wrongly robs them of business :rolleyes:

reefann
12/14/2003, 04:05 PM
I have to talk to my parents to see if I can get a ride.
A question about your meets though. Do I need to bring frags or can I show up to purchase only? Also do I have to be a member of the club to attend for purchasing?
Thanks
JJ

JonK
12/14/2003, 05:03 PM
Reefann: First you have to endure a week long test which includes hazing and all sorts of gross stuff, like drinking a cup of skimmate!!!:lol:

Seriously though, anyone is welcome. Frags are not required. Come join us and meet some new people and have a good time.

Jon

nixnutz
12/14/2003, 07:31 PM
Mal & milli-That has got to be the biggest bunch of crap that I have ever seen! If it's spam by their standards, so be it, but to put a picture there is just obnoxious and rude. I suppose that the owners of the site want to be seen as obnoxious and rude if they choose such people to be their mods? Don't worry about it Mal. I don't see any problem with the posts and I find it hard to believe that anyone in either of the clubs had a problem with it.

If they want to cry about sponsors, what about the "contributing members" in our club? Don't they count as "sponsors"? Were their wishes considered when this mod decided the posts were SPAM? Screw him! And if he reads this post and decides I need to be banned for awhile, I'll just go over to RAG where people treat people right.

I just checked his userid (DgenR8) and it appears as if this guy might belong to the Long Island club. Now I wonder if he acted as an individual or if there was a complaint. I'd be willing to bet there was no complaint and he just decided he didn't like it. Sounds like he acted as judge and jury to me.

reefann-Welcome! You don't have to be a member to attend and you don't have to bring frags. You are welcome to purchase if you don't have frags to swap. Bottom line, if you can get a ride, you're welcome to attend. Hope to see ya there!

Rahn

DgenR8
12/14/2003, 07:39 PM
Enough!
My corrospondance with Mal was by PRIVATE MESSAGE, his posting it in public was IMO wrong. What's done is done though.
If any of you have a problem with me, how I Moderate on this board, or rules and regulations of this board take it up with the site administrators, or in the feedback and questions forum:
http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=1&forumid=74

Should you wish to take it up with me by private message, I will keep it that way.