PDA

View Full Version : Sad Day

andro
11/26/2003, 08:20 AM
Oh well, looks like my anemone is in worse shape than I thought, this morning, it was totally deflated and did not look good at all. I might be pulling it from my tank today in case it decides to spew its guts out. I have added extra carbon also to make sure that I can keep the water as clean as possible, I have read in some of the anemone threads to do that.

My first anemone died from not enough light, it bleached out in a matter of months, and now this one looked beautiful and huge and was getting more colorful every day, and then it gets sucked into a powerhead. Maybe anemones are not for me.....

Glad I did not buy the rose.

If I get another, maybe I will get a green bubble tip, I liked the way Tom's looked.

-Ian

Tomzpc
11/26/2003, 08:53 AM
Sorry to hear about the anenome Ian. If I can ever get my BTA to split then the new one is yours if you haven't bought one yet.

nine9d
11/26/2003, 09:55 AM
Wow, that is terrible Ian. I am sorry to hear that. Don't think that you are not made for anenome's. Just a couple of cases of bad luck is all. I agree that the green BTA that Tome had was nice. Where did you get that from Tom?

Tomzpc
11/26/2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by nine9d
Wow, that is terrible Ian. I am sorry to hear that. Don't think that you are not made for anenome's. Just a couple of cases of bad luck is all. I agree that the green BTA that Tome had was nice. Where did you get that from Tom?

Some guy on LI posted in the RC livestock for sale forum that his had split a few times and he had a couple to sell. I lucked out in that he was driving up our way for that weekend so he met me just off 84 in Patterson. I can't recall what I paid him but it wasn't bad. He said that his split all of the time. I'll see if I can recall his RC UID.

andro
11/26/2003, 10:57 AM
Cool. I hear if you feed them well, they will split.

skearse
11/26/2003, 04:36 PM
Tom,

If you run across his UID again, let me know-I think that a BTA and a pair of ocellaris (sp.?) are in the not so distant future...

Tomzpc
11/26/2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by skearse
Tom,

If you run across his UID again, let me know-I think that a BTA and a pair of ocellaris (sp.?) are in the not so distant future...

My ocellaris stopped showing interest in my BTA a few days after the meeting actually and from what I've heard over the years it's really a hit or miss deal. They tend to prefer carpets. I had a pair several years ago that hosted in a green carpet anenome. Unfortunately, as is typical, the carpet was gone about a year after I got it.

skearse
11/26/2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Tomzpc
My ocellaris stopped showing interest in my BTA a few days after the meeting actually and from what I've heard over the years it's really a hit or miss deal. They tend to prefer carpets. I had a pair several years ago that hosted in a green carpet anenome. Unfortunately, as is typical, the carpet was gone about a year after I got it.

Yeah, I've heard that too-both that the ocellaris are picky about their host, and that the BTA isn't especially preferred by any clowns. Thought I might give it a shot, though...