PDA

View Full Version : How long in Jail.

pwfirst
11/25/2003, 09:43 PM
I have normally kept my new arrivals in a quarenteen tank for 4 weeks. I just purchased a yellow tang and two neon gobys that I have been watching for 2 weeks at a local pet store. They are healthy and eating like pigs. The water they arrive in had a SG of 1.018 which is where the store keeps it all the time to inhibit parasites.
Do they still need the full 4 weeks in my tank before putting them in with the rest of the crew?

Holyreefer
11/25/2003, 10:44 PM
i would say yes because you can never be to carefull.
What if something happens and then you regret it?

Atticus
11/25/2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by pwfirst
I have normally kept my new arrivals in a quarenteen tank for 4 weeks. I just purchased a yellow tang and two neon gobys that I have been watching for 2 weeks at a local pet store. They are healthy and eating like pigs. The water they arrive in had a SG of 1.018 which is where the store keeps it all the time to inhibit parasites.
Do they still need the full 4 weeks in my tank before putting them in with the rest of the crew?

You can never be too careful.... 1.018 really doesn't inhibit parasites much. You need to go much lower before you will see much of an affect. Sounds to me like they are very healthy, but as always follow your procedures and you will be much happier in the future.