PDA

View Full Version : When and where is the next meeting?

nvillacci
06/26/2001, 03:36 PM
Im interested in mayeb joining. Just want to know where the next meeting will be. Perhaps I could drop by and decide to join then?

Thanks!

alf3482
06/27/2001, 05:44 PM
What's up nick,
The club meets every third wed. of the month Starts at 7:00 p.m. I belive it is going to be in Ft. worth. Brad will see this and let you know if the address has been established yet. I get a news letter in that tells me where. If i get it before your able to get it, i'll give it to you.
Yea you can come and visit before you join, everyone is always welcome. Bring a couple of bucks though we have a nice little raffle for some very nice critters. I won a fish last week or the wife did excuse me i don't want her to beat me. It's realy cool you'll meet some nice people, and see a great tank. When brad sign's on he'll chime in on this. He's the Prez.:D

Brad Ward
06/29/2001, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the giving the basic info Alf.:cool:
The meeting will be in Fort Worth this month. It will be posted on our website (www.dfwmas.com) before our meeting. You are more than welcome to come and join us.

Brad

nvillacci
06/29/2001, 09:08 AM
Will do! And Rob, that xenia frag is already pulsing(YEAH!!). What sort of current would you suggest, now its in a med-high current area. Wondering if this is too much..

alf3482
06/29/2001, 09:30 AM
I keep her in good current not to slow. And she loves all the light you will give her. I keep some in mid currnt, some in strong current and they all seem to be happy.

nvillacci
06/29/2001, 09:50 AM
Cool, I dont feel bad about putting her in med strong current. Im goign ot have to get rid of a piece of LR in my tank, Im running out of sandbed for corals:)

How are the SPS doing, are there polyps out yet?

alf3482
06/29/2001, 10:37 AM
No polyps yet i have them on the bottom to acclimate them to the new light for now. We will see. Hey i'll take the rock if you don't have a place for it.:D :D :D

nvillacci
06/29/2001, 10:43 AM
Hmm what would you trade for it:p Its kind of my bane and cash cow right now. It has 3 different tpes of red macro growing on it, tons of people email me for the macro. So I sell it for$15.00 shipped for a ziplock baggy full :D. I fyou really want it, LMK I was going to offload it at WDU this saturday. Ill hold it if you want. But this time you have to come over and check out my tank.:D

Nick

alf3482
06/29/2001, 10:51 AM
I was jokeing:D i don't have any more room for rock till i start my new tank, which i will only setup if i get the SD sand from marty, if it comes in. If your doing that well idd keep it for the cash:D :D
Robert

nvillacci
06/29/2001, 10:53 AM
True, its nice to actually make some money in this hobby. Hey waht species of xenia is this? Is it red sea? Ive had a hard time trying to ID it.

alf3482
06/29/2001, 11:12 AM
enlonga (SP) not sure how to spell it. I belive the red sea is the one that looks like the pom-pom kind. You can post the pic i sent you and the board can tell you the right name. I have it written down in my notes at home i have a hard time with the diffrent species, of which one is which. Sorry WDU sells xenia like mine jonathan or andrew can tell you what the name is. Dallas probaly can to or Don. Lot of help i am huh.:blown:

nvillacci
06/29/2001, 11:24 AM
hehe you bum:D
Man I think Im addicted to those steak fingers. Dang..
Im craving them now, hehe.

alf3482
06/29/2001, 11:31 AM
well come on over there ready and waiting for you now.:D :D

nvillacci
06/29/2001, 11:34 AM
Oh your evil, Im all the way in Las Colinas, you evil evil person:blown:

Be sure to keep me informed on those sps, if they do well and grow I have more.

some Orange and green acro.
dome red and green acro and some pink Mintipora.

xlurker
06/29/2001, 12:34 PM
Hey Alf,

Again with the lack of confidence. Check my post....

alf3482
06/29/2001, 12:54 PM
Hey i don't doubt you, just home depot i have tryed before with no success. I'm with you man just when you expect good things bad things happen just trying not to be disapointed, if i stay with caution i'll be excited when it really happens.

nvillacci
06/29/2001, 01:12 PM
Amen to that Rob. Murphy's Law at its worst. Hey X if you get any extra let me know. Its always good to have some onhand.

Nick

reefmkr
06/29/2001, 03:09 PM
alf

pom pom i got ( from the metting from brad)is doing very well so far (knock on wood) . soon as it get better and bigger i will cut you a pice. sps i pick up at same time is not doing well. it bleach out and i don't know if is dead or not. i hope not:confused:
i will shoot you a email later.

alf3482
06/29/2001, 06:12 PM
good to hear about the pom pom. Diana realy likes it and wants some bad. Sorry to hear about the sps frag. Do you see any polyps commomg out of it? If not then it may have went to the big reef in the sky. I got some mushrooms picked out for you a nice size green stripped and a purple with blue pimpels.

xlurker
06/29/2001, 08:23 PM
Nick,

Ive had some cancellations, so I haven't yet sold both pallets. Let me know how much you'd like.

Marty

Brad Ward
06/29/2001, 09:29 PM
Marty,

I assume you were the one who brought the sand to the meeting for the raffle. It went real fast. We thank you for the contribution.

I might be interested in some. Just e mail me.

Brad

reefmkr
06/30/2001, 12:11 AM
Brad!
I got question for you.
is bleach coral = dead or just stress?
SPS I got from the meeting is bleach out , and I don't see any polpys(I think). if it is not dead what can i do to help?

thanks

Alf

Keep those shrooms for me another week or so may be i could cut pom pom, and we could trade at same time. what do you think?

Brad Ward
06/30/2001, 08:10 AM
It is hard to explain in words, but w/bleaching, there is still tissue over the skeleton. When it dies, usually diatoms will cover it in a couple days and you can tell definately. That was the purple tip?

Brad

alf3482
06/30/2001, 09:13 AM
Brad,
Sorry that was not marty, he may come join us though. This is a deal marty had going before our last meeting, and think it is finally going to happen, marty said it should be here around july 7.

reefmkr,
no hurry, i just wanted you to know i had some picked out for you. If you want we can trade at the next meeting if your going, But we can trade earlier if you have the pom-pom ready before then. But we are set to trade when ever you want.

Nick,
the monti has put out her polyps but the acro has not, still waiting on it to pop out on me!

Brad Ward
06/30/2001, 09:50 AM
Alf,

Got it! :D I really have to have a membership drive sometime, there's a lot of folks that could benefit from joining. I hope to get our site working better soon.

Brad

alf3482
06/30/2001, 10:04 AM
I know we need a web person, i have asked around but have yet to find one to help out i'm going to keep trying. Hey but your doing the best you can so keep up the good work. I'm trying to tell all the people i can about the club. Nick is going to try to make the next meeting and marty wants some info too, so i plan to go over it with him when we meet for the sand. I have told him if he has any problem with getting rid of all the sand to let me know and we would work something out with club members to pick up the rest of what is left over. I'm sure that it would be easy to do for him. By the way Brad do you know very much about the Achilles Tang? I have a thread about my set up and the want of a new fish if you could read it and give a thought on it i would really appreciate it. Thanks

Ghoti
06/30/2001, 10:56 PM
I'm a web person and a member of the DFWMAS. I have been thinking about updating the website. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to take a chance on offending anyone. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Todd (thiggins@texas.net)

alf3482
07/01/2001, 09:21 AM
Todd,

That is great if you interested in helping. I'm sure the club would be greatful. Brad has an e-mail link if you wanted to take time to e-mail him direct. I know we can't pay much but i'm sure Brad could work something out for your trouble I'll donate some frags for your trouble I'm sure others would too.

Robert
P.S. Thanks a lot we really need some one to help out.

Brad Ward
07/01/2001, 11:18 AM
Alf,

I can think of better tang species for a tank. They have a miserable record in captivity. For great info on the different species imported and their tank records, go to : http://www.amdareef.com/
They have listed the most commonly imported fish and tell you what they require and rank them on a scale. It is wise to ask and check before buying. Good job!

Yes, I had some offers for web development and sent them to our web master. I hope to figure it all out before the next meeting.

Todd,

Thanks for the offer:) It really shows how our members are serious about the hobby. I will definately add youto the list. What I need to do is put you all on a e mail group and let you all decide what we need to do. I am woefully inadequate when it comes to the how to, but am willing to learn. I know we use the Windows Front Page as the platform and the guy who set up the site really did a tremendous job I think.. It needs the extensions put back for the interactive parts and needs a serious update. Heck, my website on Homestead needs to be moved as well. I refuse to pay after they had it free for so long.:(

Thanks again,

Brad

alf3482
07/01/2001, 11:32 AM
Thanks Brad the system is great and i don't want to make an impulsive purchase and then have problems.

nvillacci
07/02/2001, 08:25 AM
Marty - Ill definetly take at least 3 bags, IF you can spare them. Are they going to be retail? A little markup wont be bad.

Rob - Good to hear about the motipora. You might want to place the acro higher, it is really a highlight specimen, also target feed both with some small foods. Should help.

Ill probably bring some SPS frags to the next meeting for trade or sale. Im running out of room in my bity tank, so probably sell cheap. Just to give everyone a heads up!

Nick

alf3482
07/02/2001, 09:26 AM
Nick,
I have moved them to the top now ans acro doing fine. The sand from marty is around $10.00 a bag. How is the Xenia doing? I Traded three more over the week end, I got blasstamussa Wellis for it.:D :D

nvillacci
07/02/2001, 10:21 AM
glad to hear the acros been moved, its really a high-light SPS.

Youll be happy to hear the xenia is doing well. In fact its grown some and is fixing to attach to the liverock I put it on.(This is not a good thing, I need to get rid of this piece of LR). This weekend I met with another reefer at WDU. He gave me a rather nice green and pink Leather Mushroom frag. Also a piece of purple sinularia(which has disapeered, :( ). Also I got hooked up at WDU, brought home a baby torch, and 2 meat corals. Getting pretty crowded in my tank, I think Im picking up a 7.5 gallon tank for work:).

Nick

reefmkr
07/02/2001, 03:28 PM
Brad,

Yes, it is purple tip, but theres is no sign of diatoms on corals, it's just white. I guess I still have hope on this one :)

thanks

nvillacci
07/02/2001, 03:41 PM
Ill definetely take 2 bags if its 10.00 a piece. Im going todo a larger tank then my 10 gallon someday and the sand will be needed. Thanks!

Ill probably see you at the next DFWMAS meeting.

David Corbett
07/03/2001, 08:21 PM
I will bring another bag of SD to the next meeting for the raffel. If anyone has some nice SPS frags, some trading for SD might be in order.:D If you guys are unsuccessful in aquiring some SD from HD let me know, I'm wired in. DOC

alf3482
07/03/2001, 08:25 PM
Hi David,
I didn't get a chance to meet you, But i'm Robert. The SD was first to go. I don't Blame them.

Hey Nick He's talking for stuff now.

David Corbett
07/03/2001, 08:36 PM
alf3482

You should put a reef tank in your DQ store. DOC

alf3482
07/03/2001, 08:42 PM
Oh boy would i love to :) But i would have to build it into a wall so no one could dump stuff into it. So if and when i can afford a new remodel :blown: , it is definately in the plans. :D :D

nvillacci
07/06/2001, 10:19 AM
Yo, I have some nice Orange and red Acros I could trade for some SD. Im in need of a bag for a nano project at work, Ill probably want more later. LMK if we can work something out. I have some montiporas as well. Later!

alf3482
07/09/2001, 10:38 AM
Nick,
Hey man the SD sand was delayed. marty said maybe the weekend of the 21st he said. What a bummer. I was all ready to go out and buy a new tank.

nvillacci
07/09/2001, 10:44 AM
Well doesnt that just bite:) My new 7.5 gallon tank is shipping tommorow. Itll probably be sitting there with liverock and water for while.. I still need the SD, but I guess I can wait. Hey alf, you want some more acros, Ill trade you for the SD. Are the oens I gave you doing any better? Your xenia is thriving..
LOL I considering putting a 250 watt MH over that 10 gallon and leaving a 36 watt pc for acitinic. Im nuts!

alf3482
07/09/2001, 12:25 PM
Acro doing fine the monti i have never been able to find. Trade is no problem if i'm able to get the sand. Marty said maybe the 21 st because he will be out of town next weekend so i'll keep my fingers croosed. 250w MH on a 10 WOW!!!! lots of light.

nvillacci
07/09/2001, 01:17 PM
lol you lost the monti? wasnt that the one that was doing good? hehe, reminds of the singularia I lost... :(
Ill give you a monti to replace the one that disapeared along with some acros. Im still debating the 250 MH, theres the big overheating factor there.... You sshould set up a little tank at work, put it on the counter:) or in the back room.

Nick

alf3482
07/09/2001, 01:29 PM
Yea the monti was the one the crab grabed and took down to the back of the reef wall. Can't find it any where, itryed moving some rock but not working

David Corbett
07/09/2001, 10:11 PM
nvillacci

A trade of some type sounds good, we should be able to work something out, I always like to pick up new corals. Hopefully my schedule will allow me to attend the next meeting, we can firm up the details as the meeting draws nearer. DOC

nvillacci
07/10/2001, 07:55 AM
Sounds good, Ive talked to marty and he does have 2 bags I can have. But if youre willing to trade for some acro frags, all the better. I only need about 2 bags. Id be willing to trade you 2 acro frags for each bag. Marty was going to sell me a bag for $10. So this seems even to me(what with frags going for $20 a piece nowadays on MO). LMK if you think this is good. If we can do the trade at nextweeks meeting that would be perfect...
I just need the sand very soon. LMK David.

Nick

David Corbett
07/10/2001, 08:15 PM
nvillacci

Sounds good, I will be at the meeting next week unless something comes up, I will let you know if I cannot make it though. DOC

nvillacci
07/11/2001, 09:11 AM
Ill bring the frags:)

Nick