PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Vegas...Where to shop for Reef Supp.& Corals?

AZDesertRat
11/25/2003, 10:51 AM
I will be in Vegas this weekend and would like to visit some shops. I will be at Circus Circus, are there any good shops close by? How about Henderson as I will be attending a wedding there on Saturday. Thanks

A.J.
Desert Marine Society
Phoenix

kotoma
11/25/2003, 11:27 AM
I was in LV before and still dreaming of being there again. You should forget about your hobbies and enjoy the good time there. There are so many things to see and do.
I don't know any shop but there are many aquarium display scattered throughout the strip. Mirage (checkin location), Ceasars (forum shop and it's big), MGM, just name a few.

REEFnR6
12/21/2003, 08:45 PM
I am in Vegas now visiting my family, and it is the first time I've been back since getting into Reef's. I was going to post a similar thread until I stumbled on this one. I searched though the LVMAS site and got some good info but it doesn't let me know which stores are worth going to. Any suggestions? I wouldn't mind going back to New Mexico with a few frags.

AZDesertRat
12/22/2003, 12:49 PM
I found Yellow Submarine to be pretty clean although small. Peope were very friendly. Green Valley out in Henderson was immaculate but had few corals. Their fish selection was one of the best I've seen though. FISH Tropical was a pig sty. Dead fish and algae in all the tanks. Lighting on the tanks was horrible. Acrylis Tank Manufacturing was not open so I couldn't check it out.

LVMAS
12/23/2003, 01:24 PM
Hello

List of LFS in Las Vegas

http://www.lvmas.org/lvaquariasociety/stores.html

There is a star rating system on the page. I hope this helps :)

REEFnR6
12/23/2003, 05:50 PM
Thanks LVMAS. I actually printed that list and tried going to a few places yesterday. Yellow Submarine was out of biz and/or moved, and the other I tried to go to (Aquarium Place?) was in the indoor swap meet so I wasnt paying to get in. I noticed the star system after my last post but I think it needs to be updated. Henderson is too far to drive if there are no corals to be had. Does ATM carry livestock? I thought they were strictly tank makers. I would like to check them out but do they have anything worth checking out in their shops? Which would be better to check out ATM I or II? Thanks.

Do you guys hold frag swaps regularly?

REEFnR6
12/23/2003, 05:50 PM
Bottom line- where do you buy coral in Vegas?

REEFnR6
12/30/2003, 05:35 PM
Bueller, Bueller, Bueller? Nobody sells coral in Vegas?

desert_reefer
01/24/2004, 11:37 AM
That's what sucks here in Vegas, ATM is about the only place to buy coral here in town and I still question them. They have the best selection of bleaching corals here in town though! Vegas honestly sucks for reefing. Overpriced and understocked. Yellow submarine used to be really good untill the original owner was forced to sell it. The second owners sucked, one of them told me I could keep any coral I wanted under a NO 40w 20k bulb! I looked at him turned around and walked right out the door! Idiots!