PDA

View Full Version : 'Pods online?? Spaghetti worms too!

Aquarius Lady
11/24/2003, 10:08 PM
Anyone ever order live 'Pods online?
Here is a link to the place I saw...

http://www.coralsandbar.com/critter.html (Coral Sand Bar)

If you scroll down the page, you will see that they sell both Copepods and Spaghetti worms. I am willing to try them out and order a bunch of 'Pods. Unless someone has already ordered Pods from them or knows of a BETTER place to get pods locally!
:confused:
Thanks

alan214
11/24/2003, 10:13 PM
Yes, from Indigo Pacific Seafarms. Good products and everything shipped on time and arrived alive! I got a pod kit and some zooplankton.

Troy182
11/24/2003, 10:21 PM
kinda cold where they are from this time of year. plus $40 for shipping, Yikes. I'd just go get some premium live sand or live rock somewhere semi-locally (like Darrens www.Ricordea.com)or even have it shipped from Columbia much better survival rates (I would think) and might save you some $ and who doesn't need that?

alan214
11/24/2003, 10:38 PM
Yeah, I've also bought from Blowfish Aquatics, too. I got their 9 for $99 package Ricordea package. Good stuff!

skipm
11/25/2003, 07:02 AM
Jackie,
Compare prices at www.inlandaquatics.com and www.ipsf.com and see if you might be better to go with one of these. ipsf has what they call a 9 for $99 special where you pick from 9 different items and shipping is included. They call spaghetti worms Mama Mia worms there. If all you want if spaghetti worms and pods then the other link may be what you are looking for. If you plan on ordering so that the stuff would come in just before a meeting LMK, I have been wanting to get some spaghetti worms but didn't feel that the shipping was worth it to just buy those. Skip

oceanarus
11/26/2003, 12:49 PM
Y'all might want to hold off on ordering pods. My 26 gallon is just crawling with them. My wife will put some brine shrimp in there to feed the clowns and as soon as any of it hits the rocks, pods come swarming out of the holes to drag the brineshrimp in with them. They will clear the tank of the brineshrimp in a flash.

I'll see if I can harvest some of them before the next meeting and bring them for whoever wants them.

Aquarius Lady
11/28/2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by oceanarus
I'll see if I can harvest some of them before the next meeting and bring them for whoever wants them.

Alan, me please!
They are for a special fish ;), and my refugium needs "replenished" LOL!
(Also my Yellow Goby and Neon Goby are attrocious 'Pod eaters too!)

robwsup
11/29/2003, 07:14 PM
Acclimate pods very carefully, they are very sensitive to salinity and pH changes.

oceanarus
12/07/2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by oceanarus
Y'all might want to hold off on ordering pods. My 26 gallon is just crawling with them. My wife will put some brine shrimp in there to feed the clowns and as soon as any of it hits the rocks, pods come swarming out of the holes to drag the brineshrimp in with them. They will clear the tank of the brineshrimp in a flash.

Sorry to get your hopes up but I will not be able to bring any pods to the meeting. I had a mysterious crustacean and fish wipeout in my reef (but all snails and corals are fine). More details here. (http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=280452)

Aquarius Lady
12/07/2003, 09:48 PM
Dang, Alan & Amy I am sorry for your loss....
I read the link to the thread you posted. I have NO idea if this could come into play, BUT since we live so close I will add this to the mix of supporting an O2 depletion. As you know with ALL the construction work going on around here, (the new lights they are putting in and so forth) it is NOT uncommon anymore to get Power grid interupptions for usually 20 minutes to 1 hr, depending. On saturday around noon, there was alot of power fluctuations here in Ladson. (short ones) I have no idea if you are running a generator and if so how it is set up, but these were short (less than 3 minute ones) that came back to back. Some places were out a little longer. If you had generators or surge devices or whatnot the small interruptions of stuff may have added to the formula of the mysterious deaths.
Either way, I am very sorry it happened to you.