PDA

View Full Version : Need everybody's in put on this.Could you ues this ballast? yes or no

SEA YOU LATER
11/24/2003, 08:09 PM
Intelligent Ballast

Universal input voltages (90V to 277V +/- 10%)
Variable output wattages (70W to 1650W)
Drives multiple lamp types (MH, HPS, MV, PS)
Light-weight, less than 4 lbs (1.8 kg)
Small footprint, 400 is 6x6x4 inches (152x152x102mm)

Each ballast includes dimming, thermal monitoring, burn hour readout, timing controls, and a smooth end-of-life shutdown process. With an HID master control unit (MCU), thousands of lights can bemonitored and controlled from a central desktop, laptop, or hand-held computer.

It runs MH,MV,VHO Any combation you can think of. I'm thinking of becoming a distributor of this Intelligent Ballast.

Please leave me a yes or no, anyone leaving input will recieve a
special discount when I everything up and going.

Thank you,
Mlawrence

Philip Root
12/07/2003, 02:17 PM
I think Price would be a big deal. And if it would fire a MH bulb the right color. If it would fire an HQI Bulb the right color.

How cool do they run?

When you say dimmer are talking about dimming a MH?

Is there some where I can read more about this ballest?

williamrandel
12/07/2003, 04:36 PM
Tagging along

greenbean36191
12/07/2003, 08:50 PM
I also think price would have alot to do with whether I would buy it or not. If I'm buying a MH ballast and I don't intend to downgrade to some other type of lighting then why would I pay significantly more for a feature I don't need? Also how long is it's life. Will salty humid air affect it's lifespan? Another thing that worries me is trying to combine so many features into one thing. Usually when something is so multipurpose it isn't the best at any one of the things it can do. Pretty much I would just want to know how well it runs the different types of lights compared to dedicated balasts that only run that type of light (MH on intelligent ballast v. MH on standard ballast, or VHO on intelligent ballast v. VHO on icecap)

speakeraddict
12/08/2003, 11:08 AM
Ditto on the above.

But, being that I am going to start building custom light setups, a one shot solution would be nice.

$$$ ?

speakeraddict

Crusty Old Shellback
12/08/2003, 11:32 AM
I'm interested but have the same concerns as the rest. Also since it will go up to 1650 watts, can you run say 3 400w Mh bulbs (1200 watts total) on it?

speakeraddict
12/08/2003, 11:33 AM
Good question!

williamrandel
12/08/2003, 11:48 AM
I work in the sign industry. We utilize every possible type of lighting imaginable from LED's - MH - MV- Neon - NO/HO/VHO....... Have asked all my suppliers and no one has a ballast that will do what this ballast claims. I would be very intersested but i too have concerns. I also don't see how 1 ballast can fire such a multitude of lamps. Each typoe of lighting requires a certain "start-up" method. How does this ballast accomplish this?

dave2184
12/08/2003, 12:07 PM
Does this thing have to be hard wired differently for each type of light combination or does it have pre wired harneses for M/H and florecent that are plug and play with enough plugs to run a multipule of lighting combinations at once.

flyin fish
12/09/2003, 01:40 PM
I'd would have to see one up and running.It sounds to good to be true!!!

cwponds
12/09/2003, 07:28 PM
where did "Sea You Later" go? I'm interested in some of these questions that have been brought up.

Crusty Old Shellback
12/10/2003, 10:11 AM
I don't know but I did get an Email from them stating that you could run three 400W MH bulbs off of them as I had asked.

rscotth
12/11/2003, 10:16 PM
I could use one if the price is reasonable. Will it fire DE bulbs?

Icepic
12/16/2003, 05:47 PM
i found the ballest you all are talking about here is there site

http://www.vb1000.com

williamrandel
12/29/2003, 03:16 PM
I called the manufacturer today. These ballast will not even be in production until early Feb. No pricing stucture has been established and currently there are no dealers for the ballast