1SQ
11/24/2003, 06:46 PM
This one is for your Luke. :D

minfinger
11/24/2003, 08:14 PM
Everyone has there own way of doing it :eek2: :confused: :confused: :eek1:

Simbo18
11/24/2003, 08:16 PM
LOL, hell no!!! :p Hey, I have two frags that are succesfully attached because of my rubber bands thankyou..... LOL

:wildone:Luke:wildone:

1SQ
11/24/2003, 08:43 PM
j/k

the rubber band worked great.

Simbo18
11/24/2003, 09:17 PM
LOL, I knew it was a joke, but the rubber band would have worked if it hadn't broken.... :mad:

minfinger
11/24/2003, 09:20 PM
If it's any consolation, I use rubber bands to hold the mesh on the rocks.
:lolspin: :lolspin: :lolspin: :lolspin: :lolspin: :lolspin:

skipm
11/24/2003, 09:36 PM
Come on guys, be nice. I personally would be just as happy with unmounted frags, especially if they're freebies :). My frag has attatched just fine with the rubber band, I noticed the other day that the rubberband has somehow shifted down below the frag but the frag has already attatched anyway. Skip

Troy182
11/24/2003, 09:37 PM
rubberbands work on xenia almost 100% of the time:D ...
of course you end up with 2 stalks and within days they divide and start eating your SPS for lite snacks, then you run out of rubble rock to feed it and it reers it head up at you snapping it's polyps as if to say FEED ME YOU FOOLISH AQUARIST! FEED ME!!! and then you start to trade it with friends thinking it will somehow be ok as long as you keep the quantities down but soon all your reef club meetings are xenia trading fests all anyone can muster is xenia any other coral introduced to the tank immediatly becomes overrun with xenia...

nah it won't happen to me:bum:

skipm
11/24/2003, 09:54 PM
If it is getting that bad already go ahead and put me down for pom-pom xenia right now. When do I need to come and get it? Skip ;)

Aquarius Lady
11/24/2003, 10:01 PM
I'm one of the lucky ones, ;) My rubber band is STILL holding!
By the way, when should that band come off?
Thanks for the neat frag Luke! It's already happy and growing!

Troy182
11/24/2003, 10:01 PM
It's not that bad yet, but I just keep hearing wispers off people who "Throw it out all the time" (which sucks) and wonder how they got to where they did. I haven't had that problem yet. of course I haven't added any iodine to the tank except for weekly doses of the Calcium+3 you gave me so who knows.

Simbo18
11/24/2003, 10:50 PM
Aquarius Lady, I think you "could" take it off now but I would still give it a few more days. I just poped off all my rubber bands tonight and only had one coral not attach (not the kind that I gave all of you). So just to make sure, give it until wednesday.

minfinger
11/25/2003, 12:40 AM
!!!XENIA!!!

LMAO Columbia Aquarium Club LMAO I mean, no offense, but every meeting I went to, someone had Xenia, and lots of it!!!

TROY...I'm sure we can find "Under Water Hedge Clippers" for you LOL ;)

skipm
11/25/2003, 06:54 AM
And from the different threads I have read the xenia all came from frags that Theresa spread around.

minfinger
11/25/2003, 07:19 PM
I wasn't going to say it, but I think you're right.

Simbo18
12/05/2003, 03:05 PM
I'd just like to let everyone know that I JUST took my rubberbands off my frags (forgot about them)...... So that's nearly 3 weeks. :D But I still don't understand how the rubberbands could have popped on some and not others....

Aquarius Lady
12/05/2003, 10:49 PM
I took mine off like about a week ago, and not only is the coral holding just fine, but it has grown like 4x bigger than what it was! LOL! Thanks again for the Frag, Luke!

Simbo18
12/05/2003, 11:55 PM
I'm betting that most of that growth is just the coral inflateing, they are mostly water and when I gave them out they were about as deflated as they could get..... but I'm SURE there is new growth. Good luck with the frag!!!

minfinger
12/06/2003, 09:18 AM
Like I said before, mine fell off, but i meshed the frag to another rock. Things are looking good.

Aquarius Lady
12/06/2003, 10:08 AM
No, this is definatly growth! LOL! the frag now has like 4 LARGE seperate branches already sprouting off it ;) ( i had actually bought one small colt at Tideline as well on special for like 10$ and it was like 4" high with 3 main branches branching way out) and the frag from you Luke, is very close to matching that one in size. When I FIRST bought that small colt from Tideline you could tell an obvious difference in the two, but now yours had grown like a weed in the last 2 weeks ;)

minfinger
12/06/2003, 04:24 PM
Jackie,

Was that out of the Acrylic system on the back wall?

Aquarius Lady
12/06/2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by minfinger
Jackie,

Was that out of the Acrylic system on the back wall?

LOL! Uh oh, yeah that was, Good or bad?? :eek1:

minfinger
12/07/2003, 09:18 AM
Was it from the middle row on the Right? Like the 3rd box fro the end?

If so, that was one of my frags. I don't have Cladiella yet ;)

Aquarius Lady
12/07/2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by minfinger
Was it from the middle row on the Right? Like the 3rd box fro the end?

If so, that was one of my frags. I don't have Cladiella yet ;)

Yep! Sure was! ;) Well it sure is a nice frag! thanks! :) What was it? a type of Colt or something different? They called it a "Tree Coral" but when I compare it to what Luke gave me they look almost identical except for one thing, YOUR frag tends to have it's polys wide open all time, and Lukes frags polyps are slightly different, (not so wide or open) both are growing well.

minfinger
12/07/2003, 07:43 PM
Hmm...What color is it? Dark Red or light pink?

Simbo18
12/07/2003, 08:57 PM
Mine will open just like Mikes, try moving him around, I have a problem with that too...... :D