PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Frag Trading 6-30-01

ATLANTIS
06/26/2001, 11:51 AM
I have gotten a couple of emails from people who plan to attend about frag trading.

You can add to this thread if you are planning on bringing any Frags to trade.

If you have some colorful/unusual SPS I would be interested....

johnny
06/26/2001, 12:01 PM
I'll have to see for sure what I can bring, but probably:

a few purple shrooms (unmounted)
a stalk of xenia (if anyone actually wants it)
a few different types of button polyps
a small (very small) frag of branching frogspawn

Would anyone be interested in trading sand? I've just started up my 150g and a 120g and would love some diversity without having to order $100 worth of kits.

Nick

ATLANTIS
06/26/2001, 12:42 PM
Johnny,

Your sand trade idea just jolted my memory...

When we first started up NYCAS, we had people bring a cup of sand to a meeting. Our president (microchip) collected it and placed it in his tank, mixing it all together....

The next meeting, he brought everyone who contributed a cup of much more diverse sand.

We could do that this weekend as well....

I have just the tank to do this in!

OK NJ reefers and NYCAS member.... Bring a cup of Live Sand and we will mix it together in one of my tanks.... You will get back a more diverse cup of LS at the next meeting!!!

katspaw
06/26/2001, 06:44 PM
Now that sounds like a very cool idea. I will not be bringing anything to trade, but I will bring in a cup of sand.:) And yes Brian I will be coming. Hope to see everyone there.

Tracey

trygus
06/26/2001, 09:56 PM
I have the following mother colonies that I am willing to frag for any one interested in trading colorfull SPS. I would consider trading for other interesting corals as well. I do not want to frag any more than I have to, so if you are interested in any of the below, please email me in advance. I have the following to trade:

Bright Yellow Porites
Pink/ Purple Branching Hammer
Purple Montipora
Pink Pociliopora
Purple Pocilopora
Purple Acro
Pink Acro

Very large pink with purple tip bubble tip plate Amenome

My email is: trygus@aol.com

Thanks,

Preston

trygus
06/27/2001, 02:06 PM
Looking in my tank after my post, I realized I also have various colored Montipora

ATLANTIS
06/27/2001, 03:22 PM
trygus,
I am interesedt in the pink acro and purple acro & pocillopora

johnny
06/27/2001, 09:46 PM
Oh... if anyone has any caleupra I could really use as much as can be given away!!!

And if anyone has an excess of bristleworms... I could use a few of those as well!

Thanks!

Nick

ATLANTIS
06/27/2001, 09:49 PM
A little late there johnny... I just tossed about 10 pounds of caulerpa :blown:

johnny
06/27/2001, 09:52 PM
:D = :blown: = :(

Nick