PDA

View Full Version : Carnivoric Bubble!

jaydog121
11/23/2003, 12:52 PM
I was born at night, but not last night! Anthony, once again I turn to the master to answer my questions.

I woke up yesterday, went to the LFS to buy some water. I got home an upon investigation of my tank noticed something very "out of the ordinary"

THe bubble coral has eaten my purple tang!!!

How did this happen. The fish was dead and lodged inside the mouth of the bubble. I am thinking maybe he swam inside? Or di my bubble grow wings (or fins I should say) and take a midnight swim for some food? Well I guess I just want to know if you have heard of this. I removed the dead fish as its mouth was stuck pierced through the side of the mouth of the bubble. I took a couple of picture, not sure how the turned out yet.....

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks again........you loyal fan,

JAson:strooper:

Anthony Calfo
11/23/2003, 05:52 PM
Howdy, Jason

Your bubble coral's behavior is not uncommon at all... their Family is one of the most heavily predating. In fact, if not fed regularly (several times weekly), most will dwindle over time (say 1-3 years for most to starve slowly).

Its less expensive to feed them mysid shrimp and minced krill than Purple tangs by the way ;)

best of luck,

Anthony

Ocean Image
12/01/2003, 12:55 PM
When can we expect to see the pictures :D