PDA

View Full Version : WTB - 175W MH - screw type

nancysnuwave
11/23/2003, 09:37 AM
Hi

I'm looking for someone who might wish to sell or could tell me where to buy a 175 MH lamp? The one which came w/ my tank has finally burned out and I have to buy one.. (it flickers like a bad flourescent light, which I assume means it, not the ballast, is bad?)

Any suggestions..

chris

Tagamet
11/23/2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by nancysnuwave
Hi
I'm looking for someone who might wish to sell or could tell me where to buy a 175 MH lamp? The one which came w/ my tank has finally burned out and I have to buy one.. (it flickers like a bad flourescent light, which I assume means it, not the ballast, is bad?)
Any suggestions..
chris

I think that that could be the light OR the ballast. I'd try to borrow a bulb, evben an old one and check it out. I *might* have one in my garage, if no one else has one handy.
Tagamet

zooqi
11/23/2003, 03:34 PM
I have the bulbs if you want to try to check. I know that Pet City Bloom has them and they are coralife.

Tagamet
11/23/2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by zooqi
I have the bulbs if you want to try to check. I know that Pet City Bloom has them and they are coralife.

Better to try a *used* one rather than buy new. It might be the ballast.
Tagamet

zooqi
11/23/2003, 03:48 PM
I agree and I have done that before and learned a lesson.

GarSrtn
11/23/2003, 06:32 PM
I have a used 175W bulb and ballast. If you need the bulb to test your ballast, let me know.