PDA

View Full Version : Too Crowded?

tankfly
11/21/2003, 10:38 PM
I admit this is a beautiful tank judging by the pics and the corals look like they are thriving. But it is my experience based on having to constantly "thin" out my tank that these corals grow so fast that it seems impractical to have this many specimens in a tank. What happens after a couple of years when these colonies double in size?

Acro
11/24/2003, 11:29 AM
Hello Todd,

Overcrowded? Absolutely and without a doubt it’s overcrowded. Pruning, removal of less desirable specimens and changing the aquascaping is always in need. Is it impractical to have this many species in one tank? Yes and ideally they would be in a much larger system. Hopefully in the later half of next year that project will begin. Though to be honest with so many beautiful corals entering and currently in the trade, I’m sure I’ll end up filling a new tank with again more corals. If a person can restrain from stuffing so many corals in one display I’m sure in the end it’s a more practical approach. I’m just not one of those persons and find the collecting to be almost an addiction. Ok Ok I’ll admit it here first : I’m an addict and I need help. ;)