PDA

View Full Version : CRC - December 13th Meeting @ 12PM

minfinger
11/21/2003, 07:08 PM
Alright it's all set!!!

The next meeting will be December 13th @ 12PM at the Pizza In on Rivers Ave. in North Charleston. I just got off the phone with them and they said they have the facilities for us to sit and talk as long as we like. The lunch buffet runs from 11AM to 2PM.

Thanks again to everyone for coming up with the great suggestions for topics. The topic is going to be Comparing Reactors to Kalkwasser Reactors or should we just use Supplements and dose are tanks everyday?

Here's the link to a thread discussing Supplements Link (http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=270587)

Everyone remember to bring frags!! We had such a great success with it at the last meeting that I'm looking forward to this one and bring more frags. Skip thanks for the killer shrooms, they look great!! Thanks to everyone that brought frags to trade!

Here's a Map Link (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&address=6216+Rivers+Av&city=Charleston&state=Sc&zipcode=&homesubmit=Get+Map) It's easy to find because it's across from Sam's Club. Get off I-26 on Aviation Ave towards Rivers Ave. Left onto Rivers Ave and Pizza Inn is about 1/2 Mile on the Right.

Simbo18
11/22/2003, 01:15 PM
Mike, are you bringing any frags?? I'm looking :rolleye1: for some new softies...... if you know what I mean. By the way, how is the colt doing that I gave you last meeing??

minfinger
11/22/2003, 11:35 PM
Dude, I don't know if I'm bringing any frags or not. My tank is in sad shape right now with a real bad Cyano problem....I've got to do some major water changes and we'll see how thing are then.

Your frag, well the rubber band let go and the frag floated down into all my frags. I found it and re-attached it to one of my rocks. LOL now I just have to remember which one. I've got like 30 or 40 frags that I'm tryingto grow out right now LOL

Simbo18
11/23/2003, 09:38 AM
Cyno is the pits. I hope you don't die from cyno stress......:p That would suck if we didn't have a leader.

Man, Nader had the same problem with his rubberband. But think about trying to find it on the bottom of a 75 gallon...... LOL. I don't know how he did it. The moral of the story, those rubberbands suck!

Luke

skipm
11/23/2003, 04:14 PM
Luke,
You may want to try the method Troy uses, he attatches the frags to a rock using superglue and plastic toothpicks. He stabs the coral onto the toothpick and then glues the toothpick so that the base of the coral is in contact with the rock. After the coral has attatched you simply break the glue off and remove the toothpick. Skip

minfinger
11/23/2003, 10:25 PM
Or use my method that I got from www.garf.org using bridal vail :D I like it, it works really well for me. I have about an 80% to 90% success rate for attachment within the first 2 weeks.

Simbo18
11/23/2003, 11:05 PM
Would some of that ribbon used for makeing gift baskets work??? It looks a bit like the birdal vail but it's in strips and I think the holes are bigger (just a tad bigger)....

I might try that toothpick deal.... Thanks Skip.

:wildone:Luke:wildone:

minfinger
11/23/2003, 11:07 PM
The stuff I use is more like thin mesh. Try Michael's, they might have it.

1SQ
11/24/2003, 08:35 AM
Yeah the rubber band popped off and it took me several days to find the frag that Luke gave me. I re-attached the frag with super glue to a small rock. It works great. :)

Simbo18
11/24/2003, 03:10 PM
Maybe we should have a thread dedicated to blasting Luke's rubber band theory??? and how it dosn't work;) . I get the point guys!!! :p

:wildone:Luke:wildone: