PDA

View Full Version : How do I catch a fish?

Bullet
11/21/2003, 06:50 PM
Anyone have any tips on how I can catch my coral beauty? I have been trying to entice him to the top while feeding and then trying to snag him with the net, but you pretty much only get one chance with that. I would appreciate any suggestions. I really do not want to drain my tank.

lllosingit
11/21/2003, 10:27 PM
The easiest way I have found is to wait until the lights go out in the tank then wait about an hour, get a flashlight and locate the fish and dip him out while shinning the light into his eyes.
It's worked for me a few times.

HOC
11/21/2003, 11:02 PM
Hung has some fish traps he lends out. I used one to snag some damsels. Might want to ask. later

reefcrazy00246
11/21/2003, 11:55 PM
I usually catch most of my fish after dark too. it has always worked great for me, on most fish. Clowns, tangs, etc. It usually don't work on damsels, because most of the time they sleep in the rock work or in small holes. Once they are asleep they have no idea whats happening, well, til they wake up again from bein swept up in a net ;)

HTH

RARZILLO
11/22/2003, 12:19 AM
the best gadget is the ultra life fish trap..........best kept secret around....it even has a compartment for food. The catch is the food is sealed in there with small holes so they keep nipping in frustration. best money i have spent in awhile;)

Bullet
11/23/2003, 04:17 PM
Well...I got him. I went to Hungs and borrowed his trap. It was pretty slick. Just feed them in it a few times and this afternoon I put some food in there and waited and let the door close on him. I put him in my sump. Will he be alright in there for a few days? I just figured that would be the easiest...if this is not a good thing to do please resond and I will figure something else out. Thanks everyone for all your tips!!!

dellrio
11/30/2003, 06:16 PM
we recently added an extremly beautiful ebile (sp?) angel which was by far the nicest i have ever seen. Anyways it immediatly took a liking to the flesh of our welsophyllia and was also fond of our clams and some other corals. Anyways we put our welsophyllia into a 1 gallon ziplock bag and when the angel went to the coral fo dinner we snatched the bag out of the water. It actually took 2 days and 3 grab attempts before we actually got him, he is in our sump now... Anyways i was wondering if a slurp gun would be practical in an aquarium, because that would have been much easier and our welso would have lost a lot less flesh. It is currently recovering. On another note if anyone with a FO of FOWLR is interested in a beatiful eblibe angel (supposed to be reef safe but not this one) let me know through PM not on this thread.

KONSTANTINEcor
12/14/2003, 09:47 PM
wHAT IS A SLURP GUN HOW DOES IT WORK?

frog
01/04/2004, 09:57 AM
One technique is to put a clear glass jar or beaker in the tank and using a dip net gently chase the fish into it.