PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

assassinco97
11/21/2003, 03:12 PM
Just wanted to shout out and say Hi :p to you all. I've been reefing for 6 monthes and want to learn more and eventually create an awesome show tank. I live in huntingdon pa (near state college) currently but my tank is in Pgh, because of school. So I was wondering what type of events you guys have and if any of them are nearby. Trust me I don't mind driving all over PA to satisfy my craving of reefstuff but I would like shorter drives and perhaps you guys are the answer. Just let me know

THanks
Ed :mixed:

Tagamet
11/21/2003, 04:16 PM
Hi Ed,
Welcome to the group! You're definitely among fellow addicts, er, I mean, enthusiasts. Im sure you'll be glad (?) to hear that you missed a great swap meet about a month ago in Williamsport. A lot of "our guys" also attend swaps in the Pittsburgh area and even NY. We're just in the planning stages of our next swap, so chime in!
Tagamet

bmkindig
11/21/2003, 06:28 PM
welcome ed,
true understatement larry!!!!!! zooqi's meetings are the best over 75 reefers in a house meant for 25-40 people(lol)

if you like mushrooms and zoo's your in the right place. i live in bethlehem and drive over 2 hours each way to zooqi's meetings

what kind of stuff are you looking for?what kind of tank you looking for/equipment lots and experenced reefers in the club and lots just learning.
later
brad

Bill King
11/21/2003, 08:01 PM
Hey Ed
I'm in Altoona, a member of PMAS, & get up to williamsport for the shindigs there.
There are a couple of us reef-nuts in the williamsburg/hollidaysburg/bellwood area.
you will want to check out PMAS while you are at school http://pmas.org/

keep in touch
Bill

zooqi
11/21/2003, 09:09 PM
Good to see you here and welcome to the club. We also have a website North Central PA Reef Aquarium Society (http://ncpars.com) (did I spell it right?):) Hope to see you at our future meetings and is time to go back to the link and think about one this winter guys..
:)