PDA

View Full Version : Need help, please!

Janet
11/21/2003, 11:31 AM
The other day my 20G lost all its water. Cannot figure out why: I had been cleaning and trying out different Rio parts for the BakPak, so nothing was plugged in except for a PH which was in the same place it always has been--just moving water around in the middle of the tank (no splash, for instance). (I added enough salt water to keep what was left, and that level has maintained--I don't get it?
I shop vacced like crazy and sucked up much of the water, but it seems to continue to leak (?) out .
Then the next day, the carpet was soaked around the 55G and the sump was empty. I keep checking around joints for moisture, no luck. Seemed to be back to normal, then this morning i sloshed into new water on the carpet. NOTHING seems to be leaking, no hoses loose, nothing spurting water out surrreptitiously.
So I added enough water to keep the bubbles away, but i am about to give up--how long can this old wooden subfloor last?
Any help gratefully accepted,
janet in Green Bay:eek:

grafxguy
11/21/2003, 12:07 PM
Is the BAKPAK the hang on kind? If so are you using the BIO BALE and sponge? If so, take out the Bio Bale and check the out take. I had a BAK PAK in the past and I remember one time the outlet getting clogged with a snail. This made the BAK PAK overflow. Do you have a digital camera? If so, please take some pics of your tank in as many spots were water would leave the tank. Hose, bulk heads, pumps, what not. Since I can not see your tank in person I may be able to notice the problem via some pictures. You can email them to me at ericl@charter.net

Good Luck.

eric

gooch
11/21/2003, 06:11 PM
Janet call me if you want me to come check it out.

Gooch