PDA

View Full Version : Hey Tag...

Snookie
11/21/2003, 07:23 AM
I'm thinking about a 75g sump and using the 25g as a refugium. I will need base rock for the main tank and all the softies will go on top.:)

Tagamet
11/21/2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Snookie
I'm thinking about a 75g sump and using the 25g as a refugium. I will need base rock for the main tank and all the softies will go on top.:)

If you want to use a 75 gallon tank as a sump, you'll need to go with a 6 foot display tank. I had a 6 foot 120 for a long time, and it was fine, except they don't give you much room from front to back. My "short" 120 (4 foot) is 2 X 2 X 4, which a like a lot more, has the benefit of more front to back room AND an easier reach to the bottom (for us short armed gorillas). 75 gallon tanks are 4 feet long, so putting it under a 4 foot display would really be cramped and leave zero room for growth (read more equipment) under there. I love the 8X2X2 240 gallon tank's footprint, but I don't like the two glass braces across the top (which block significant amounts of light). Knowing just a little about you, my guess is that you end up with a 300 gallon display tank (just so you can have enough room underneath, of course).
Just some stuff to think about.
Tagamet:D

Snookie
11/21/2003, 03:44 PM
Yup, you've got my number!
I plan to have the sump and probably the refugium in the basement, kind of Zooqi-style. He's been a bad influence. :D