PDA

View Full Version : Frags to trade at the December Meeting

despot101
11/19/2003, 12:29 PM
I am just trying to figure out what frags to bring to the meeting and who wants what.
latazyo, do you still want to trade a fuzzy shroom and acro frag for a piece of that wild colony you have?

icereefer what frags did you want? Just one of my zoo's or anything else also? Do you have any fuzzy shroom frags like the one tyler got?

I will also probably have a fuzzy shroom to trade, and 2 different types of zoo frags. Maybe a ricordea frag, probably a small monti frag (or 2). A dozen or more strombus snails(might be taken already). And some macro algae, mostly calupera and Halimeda.

latazyo
11/19/2003, 02:39 PM
I need snails

and would it be possible to make it a ric frag and acro for a hunk of mine...I already have one of your fuzzy mushrooms

despot101
11/19/2003, 02:45 PM
Yeah I could probably try that. The ric would be pretty small tho. I could also get you a few snails I'm sure.

Do you have much xenia? I'm pretty sure the stuff I have is different than yours.

despot101
11/20/2003, 08:57 AM
Ohh wait I couldnt get a ricordea frag. Sorry

latazyo
11/20/2003, 12:19 PM
xenia's making a comeback, I can place a shell in teh right spot though if you want

despot101
11/20/2003, 12:48 PM
That would be cool....

Instead of the ric I fragged one of my zoo's yesterday. It different than the one you already have. They are smaller polyps. But have better color I think. So would that and a frag of my acro work for a frag of that wild colony?
I can also bring down some snails.

latazyo
11/26/2003, 03:56 PM
yeah that's fine, I'm not sweating it

icereefer
11/29/2003, 01:23 PM
brandon:wave:
sorry I haven't been around, I got a new tower and I've been having problems with my software.
but ya I still have some of those hairy mushrooms I just don't know how to get them off the rock to put on another?there so tight together any advice?
and I still have that rock with all those green pimply and aqua blue strips on it and green zoo's,it's getting big.
sun polyps are coming out more now.
I have a piece of coral about the size of a small soft ball with a brown frilly mushroom,and yellow sponge or coraline growing on it,but it's got some hair algea grow on it though.
I still have that big blue mushroom.
I have a little colony of about 7 brownish green polyps.
and I might have a frag of my red with green frill zoo's,I tried to pull them from the colony last week,from the rock they jumped on but I did'nt cut them from the colony first and they came off the frag I had but there back on it again and I just want to wait a while to make sure there on the rock good then I'll separet them from the colony.
ya last meeting I got that colt it's growing like crazy already,
and I got a orchid dottyback last week to it's a pretty cool fish as long as it don't eat all my bristle worms LOL,but it seems to be happy with the bri shrimp I feed it.
well let me know what you got.
and I might have some tea cup calupera ready too.
how's thing growing since u got that halide?
Im going to get a 175 watt coralvue soon I hope.
well happy reefing,and see you in about 3 1/2 weeks?
Icereefer (jim)

despot101
11/30/2003, 01:57 PM
but ya I still have some of those hairy mushrooms I just don't know how to get them off the rock to put on another?there so tight together any advice?
and I still have that rock with all those green pimply and aqua blue strips on it and green zoo's,it's getting big.

and I might have a frag of my red with green frill zoo's,I tried to
well let me know what you got.

how's thing growing since u got that halide?
well happy reefing,and see you in about 3 1/2 weeks?
Icereefer (jim)

For the hairy shrooms a quick way to frag them forcefully is to take them out and just chip the rock its connected to off the main piece. I've done it a few times with shrooms, and zoos. The rock is soo soft its easy to scrape/cut.
Everything seems to be doing really good under the halides. The sps's all look really good. As does the clam.

I will have 1 small fuzzy shroom, and 2 different polyp frags. The type I had sent you a picture of. I'll also probably have some halmedia and calupera. Maybe some snails too.

icereefer
11/30/2003, 03:04 PM
ya I could get u one of those hairy mushrooms, and Im looking for some xenia,and a low light clam too.
Im looking for any thing that will do good under my vho's

despot101
12/01/2003, 11:31 AM
Sweet. I'd try to get you some xenia but mine's still pretty small. Hopefully there will be some at the meeting. Once I get there you can look over what I have and decide what you would like. I'm sure a squamosa would do great under your lighting.

latazyo, were you looking to get a clam or two also? Maybe the 3 of us could just get a group order together from clamsdirect, or eastcoastclams?

My parents might do a group order from coralsandbar.com before the next meeting (20th) if anyones interested they would deliver at the meeting. Just let me know.

icereefer
12/01/2003, 10:59 PM
is your parents, getting a 5-$75 or the 10-$99 special at coralsandbar,or are they just ordering whole frag rocks ?

despot101
12/02/2003, 09:12 AM
They are thinking of the 10 for $99 and a few other items. I might also get a 10 for $99. Not really sure what it will all include yet.

icereefer
12/02/2003, 12:25 PM
ya let me know how I can get in on it and how much? but the 5 for 75 is what's on the list some polyps and some ricordia.
the 10 for 99 is single ricordia frags.
I could use a couple of each,let me know?
Thanks Jim ( icereefer)

despot101
12/02/2003, 12:28 PM
Will do, the 10 for 99 is all ricordea. He also has the 5 for 75. We will probably get everything figured out next week, and I'll let you know then.