PDA

View Full Version : Interested in Club

arconom
11/18/2003, 09:39 AM
Hey it's me again I'm interested in joining the club. Since the site is not working yet my E-mail is eriksp00@yahoo.com

Also is anyone located in the Middletown,Goshen,Chester, area of Orange County NY.

nine9d
11/18/2003, 09:50 AM
Hey there,
The club is new and we are now just setting up rules and regulations for joining our org. So I guess this is an informal WELCOME to the club! I personally am from Beacon, but I think that masterswimmer is located in Chester. Hope to see you at the next meeting.

Tomzpc
11/18/2003, 10:07 AM
Welcome to HVRK! We try to have a meeting every month so stay tuned to this forum for announcements.

arconom
11/18/2003, 01:03 PM
Where do the club members usually meet??

Tomzpc
11/18/2003, 04:09 PM
So far we've been meeting at member's houses. Someone usually just chimes in and offers to host. I imagine that when we get bigger we'll have to start finding public facilities that can accomodate us.

seaham358
11/18/2003, 07:29 PM
Public facilities? Sh#t I need to see some fish and corals. I hope we never get that big it would take to fun out of it. We'll have to have 2 meeting a month then 1/2 goes to one and the other half goes somewhere else....

andro
11/18/2003, 08:58 PM
Welcome to the club!!!

I agree with Bob about that one, having them at peoples houses is really fun, at least to me :-p

arconom
11/18/2003, 09:13 PM
What towns have they been in recentlly? Just curious on how far I'm going to have to drive. Thanks

nine9d
11/18/2003, 10:17 PM
They have been all over. From Kingston to Hyde Park to some unknown woodlands that we had to travel for our last meeting.

Tomzpc
11/18/2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by andro
I agree with Bob about that one, having them at peoples houses is really fun, at least to me :-p

I couldn't agree more, but what happens when you have 25+ people coming to meetings? It could very well happen. If you check out the forums of the more established clubs, they tend to meet in public places. It's great to meet in our houses and check out each other's tanks, but the possibility does exist that the club could one day grow beyond that point. If so, hopefully the comraderie and shared interest will be enough to keep things fun.

andro
11/19/2003, 08:02 AM
I couldn't agree more, but what happens when you have 25+ people coming to meetings?

That means we need club members with huge houses :-p :p :D

masterswimmer
11/22/2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by andro
That means we need club members with huge houses :-p :p :D

I'm with these guys.......I want reefs when I go to meetings. Visuals! Live and in color! I guess I'm hoping we grow, but maybe I'd like it to stay manageably intimate. Hmmmm, that's a neat way of phrasing it......I like that. Manageably intimate!!!

Russ

masterswimmer
11/22/2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by arconom
Hey it's me again I'm interested in joining the club. Since the site is not working yet my E-mail is eriksp00@yahoo.com

Also is anyone located in the Middletown,Goshen,Chester, area of Orange County NY.

By the way, I'm in Chester, NY. Where are you?

Russ

foxstop
11/22/2003, 11:07 AM
Hi again!

I'm in Circleville just outside of Middletown. Not too far from Goshen and Chester:)

Welcome!

Brian

arconom
11/22/2003, 01:51 PM
WOW finally have people that are in a club that live close to me. My parents Live in Chester where I go on the weekends. I live like 10 minutes away in Middletown. Please Contact me I would love to meet and share ideas.

eriksp00@yahoo.com

masterswimmer
11/22/2003, 05:32 PM
YGM

Russ