PDA

View Full Version : Gauging Interest in B-Ionic

robwsup
11/17/2003, 10:38 AM
I'm thinking about ordering from ESV, the makers of B-Ionic. Is anyone interested in using or buying this product. If so, I'll probably be buying their 20 gallon industrial size, and repackaging it into 1/2 gallon (32oz pt1 & 32oz pt2) 1 gallon (64oz each) and 2 gallon (128oz each) sizes for local people. My prices will be slightly better than Marine Depot and much better than your LFS. Here are tentative prices:

64oz set-$12.00
1 gallon set-$18.00 (not offered in this size from ESV)
2 gallon set-$25.00

Here are ESV and Marine Depot prices:
http://www.esvco.com/ESVPRICE.html#PROD6

http://www.marinedepot.com/a_ad_esv.asp?CartId=

Anyone that uses a 2 part system will tell you that the B-Ionic stuff is great. I plan not to ship this stuff, I just want to have it for locals.

skipm
11/17/2003, 11:54 AM
I have a friend whose tank I will be setting up after she returns from vacation and we have already discussed using BIonic for calcium replacement. I am sure that she would be interested in buying from you. I have built a calcium reactor for my 75 and currently have a kalk reactor on the 92 so the only thing I would need it for would be a nano. I do highly recommend this product for calcium and alkalinity replacement for those who are not using a reactor, this is one product that seems to live up to its claims. Skip

Aquarius Lady
12/11/2003, 08:20 PM
Ok, I found the original topic. I would for SURE be interested in buying the smallest amount, since I am direct adding (no reactor) to the system as needed. (the 64 oz set?). I see there are different kinds! What would you recommend for just a general system (direct addition into tank) since I am not using a reactor? Thanks for the info!
What kind of calcium suppliments do others use and what would you suggest for a nano reef that is NOT using a reactor (direct tank supplimentation as needed?)
Thanks in advance.

robwsup
12/11/2003, 08:27 PM
All of the above items are the exact same product, just different sizes. The only difference would be how long it lasts :) The largest size is the best value, and about $5-$10 cheaper than anywhere on the net, and $30-$50 cheaper than most LFS. I'll probably be purchasing the bulk order of it just after the 1st of January.

Right now, I'm saving up for GI Joe with Kung Fu grip!

skipm
12/12/2003, 12:51 PM
Jackie,
I have used the B Ioninc before and was very satisfied with the results. I didn't exactly follow the dosing directions but dosed 2 out of 3 days instead. I had noted coral growth and polyp reproduction. The only other supplement I added was an occasional dose of iodine (which I really need to test for before adding but i haven't bought a test kit) along with the mixed up variety of filter feeder foods we already discussed in another thread. If you started keeping alot of SPS and clams later on sometime then you may need to rethink using a product like this due to the amount you would have to use to keep calcium/alkalinity levels up. But for a softy/LPS dominate reef I think this is a great product. HTH, Skip

Aquarius Lady
12/12/2003, 08:46 PM
Thanks Skip. :)