PDA

View Full Version : Officers

nine9d
11/16/2003, 01:34 PM
Let's name the officers that we may need for the group. Also, can we have some people say what position they may be interested in? Thank you.

President
VP Event Coordinator
VP Public Relations/Affairs
Secretary
Treasurer
Officer Roscoe Peco Train

Is that too many, did I miss any, is it too much?

I think we should also say what tasks each individual may have in accepting the position. Thanks.

foxstop
11/16/2003, 04:20 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure about being an officer, but I would volunteer to serve as Election coordinator if needed. I know you suggested in another thread that votes be e-mailed and tabulated bye one person and not done on a public poll. I could do that if needed :D

Brian

Tomzpc
11/16/2003, 09:31 PM
My takes on officers:

I'm thinking that for the time being we can get by with just a treasurer and secretary since the club is still relatively small. The treasurer would abviously have to collect and maintain monies and keep a detailed account of club funds and where the funds have come from (member dues, auctions, donations, etc.)

The Sec's job would be to maintain a complete list of active and inactive members, and keep a record of discussions regarding club business. Who is doing what, what are our goals and plans, etc.

We could have a pres and vp but I don't see much, if anything, for them to do at this point. I think that the primary goal of a president or a board for a group is to try to ensure that all of the group's members are satisfied, and if not, to try and make changes so that everyone becomes satisfied. Right now we're so small that everyone knows everyone else pretty well so I don't see this as a problem for us. Maybe at 25-30 people? ::shrug::

Agree? Disagree? Have at it!

I would be willing to take a position but I would be just as happy to stay on the sidelines. :p

nine9d
11/16/2003, 09:42 PM
Every organization needs a president, that is just my take on it. If no one wants to step up to be one, than I guess we cannot do nothing about it. I do agree that we need a secretary and a treasurer. No VP is cool, but maybe someone to setup PR things. I could do the PR stuff if wanted. LMK, thanks.

skearse
11/17/2003, 11:32 AM
I agree with Ross-VP may not be a necessary position, but I think that something like a PR or events coordinator would be a good idea-being in charge of meeting announcements (including flyers at LFS's); membership benefits (LFS discounts, etc.); basically someone to be the "publc face" of the group, or to at least coordinate the efforts. Not sure how much time this would involve; we may want to have one person doing this while aonther person (i.e., Ross) is focusing on the Webmaster role?

Stacy

Tomzpc
11/17/2003, 12:00 PM
Ditto on a PR chairman and/or events chairman. As long as everyone realizes that the person with the title is not responsible for doing everything. They should be the lead as far as getting things done in those areas with the aid of other members. If we're going to have a president now then I like Ross' idea of having the PR and events people share the VP role as well.

If we're taking nominations I'll nominate Ross for VP/PR since he's said he'd be willing and since he's already webmaster!

WAGERJA
11/17/2003, 12:49 PM
I agree, the roll of the VP should be mainly PR. also if at a later date it's to much for one person we can split up the duties into two or more positions. (VP,PR,web) plus the VP can hold An offical meetings if the Pres. cann't make it.
I'm about to start a new thread with a long first post I'd like you all read and give me feed back on. (it will be up by the end of the day)

J