PDA

View Full Version : themarinecenter.com - misleading pros!

nvillacci
06/21/2001, 02:33 PM
Quoted from themarinecenter.com's website at http://themarinecenter.com/dfwrockspecials+.htm

"Marine Center gives you free shipping and delivery in DFW!
Get Marine Center's fresh, Premium Live Rock delivered to your door free as soon as it arrives from the islands! No extra shipping cost, no airport pick-up hassle.
Need Info? Check out the facts. "

more

"Delivered to your door prices!
If you live in or can take delivery in Dallas Fort Worth, you just found the best deal on live rock anywhere! Why? Prices on this page are delivered to your door in DFW! No extra shipping, no airport pickup hassle. If you buy rock from an out of state supplier you're looking at a minimum of $40-$60 in shipping for just one box, and that's to DFW, then you have the hassle of picking it up at the airport. If you want it shipped to your door, that's even more at a cost of $1.50 or more per pound on shipping alone... we do it free!"

"What are my shipping options for Live Rock & Sand?

If you're in DFW, IT'S FREE! "

and one more
"Your Order
NOTE: If you're In Dallas, TX, shipping is FREE!

NOTE: If you are not a Dallas/Fort Worth, TX resident, or are not taking delivery in DFW, please see our Nationwide live rock & "

Now am I alone in thinking that delivery in the DFW - Dallas/Fortworth are is free. This means no charge except the items, right? Now go to themarinecenter.com. Nowhere on there does it say, oh theres a box fee of 10.00 for every order. I ordered twice before noticing this charge. Mainly because I didnt recieve the invoice from the first order. I think this is another case of ripoff occuring. The main reason I ordered from themarinecenter is the free delivery. If I knew there was a hidden cost I would have gone to the LFS

I called TMC.com and asked about this charge. I was told it was on the website somewhere. In fact he couldn't find it and point it out to me. He said there is a box charge for each order, I said for what? All I got was a cardboard box. No heatpads or cooling pads. He said its an industry standard. I think its a bit misleading for you to advertise FREE DELIVERY and then throw in Packing charges. Let me know if I wrong here, please.

PS. When I did proceed to say it was misleading to not have it listed anywhere on the ordering page he insulted me by saying, "Are you that hard-up for money, do you need me to send you a Peanutbutter and Jelly sandwich or something..." I will never order from this place again. Espeacially after making some good friends at the LFS

yanasina
06/21/2001, 03:02 PM
Why am I mad? They didn't say that to me! But somehow when I hear of that kind of response by a professional I get upset. Even if the comment is justified by customer behavior it is never acceptable. Of course the only thing to do is swallow it and never go back.

(and lodge a complaint with the company for all the good that will do)

nvillacci
06/21/2001, 03:16 PM
Ive learned in life to treat people well and it usually works. In this case I was just asking upfront questions. It really cheased me off he was being arrogant like that. Basically I just ended the call and said bye... Like I said they wont be getting my business again!
Nick

russr
06/21/2001, 03:24 PM
Did you ask who you were speaking with? First thing I would want to do was talk to someone in charge and let them know how disrespectful their phone reps are. If that was the boss who you spoke with, then that is a pretty bad way to run a business.

nvillacci
06/21/2001, 03:29 PM
Unfortunately it was the boss. I think it s a very small operation run from a house. They get the the stuff at an airport and then drive to your house or take it home and seperate for shipment. Also makes it kind of hard for me to believe the 2 week quarantine deal. Maybe thats why they dont allow inshop pickups.

PMO that they have such bad CS, espeacially from the boss himself...