PDA

View Full Version : Meeting times and locations

speakeraddict
11/13/2003, 03:24 PM
We need to come up with a day and location of meetings.

It appears that we are all so spread out that it will become difficult for some to make meetings. While there is nothing we can do to solve all problems, I think we can reach a happy medium.

speakeraddict

papageorgo
11/15/2003, 04:55 PM
I will try not to be confusing

more people voted for saterday than Thursday but First Thursday of the month got the most votes. so do you meet on thursday or saterday.

speakeraddict
11/16/2003, 09:55 AM
It appears that we will meet on the first Thursday of the month.

Now, it looks as thought folks like meeting at stores. If stores will agree to let us in after hours that is great. But, I think we need to do stores on Saturday because of driving.

So, we need to have volunteers to host Thursday monthly meetings and get a list of quarterly or monthly Saturday store meetings. The store meetings should be in addition to the regular monthly meetings. That way, everyone should be able to attend at least one meeting a month.

speakeraddict

ADBtie
11/16/2003, 10:56 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

lilbubba
11/16/2003, 06:27 PM
Why are we in such a hurry on this poll this is the first time I've seen it. Maybe we need to give more time to vote on it. I don't know about anybody else but I don't live by my computer every second. Theres plenty of time before the next meeting when ever it is. We have to decide if this is going to be a Huntsville only club or a North Alabama club. If its going to be a North AL. then we have to think about all the members that may not live in Huntsville area. A Thurdsay meeting at 4:30 would be very hard for them to make it. If it is a Huntsville only club then thats fine. Then we have to say is it only for people that live with in a certain distance and if that distance is shorter than 65 miles then I guess I'm out then. We need to decided what we want this club to be.

lilbubba

Tomoko Schum
11/16/2003, 07:27 PM
I agree with lilbubba. We are not in a greatest hurry to decide where we meet regularly. For the next month I already have an upstairs room at The Aquarium Shop secured for our meeting. Not that we have to hold it there, but then, we have at least until January to decide where we meet. I am willing to go with whatever we collectively decide. If we need a shop to host our regular meetings, both The Aquarium Shop and Pet Depot are willing to host our meetings anytime we choose. John Newby said he does not mind hosting our club meetings every so often. Generally speaking, we just need a place to get together and have fun swapping info, frags, etc.

Tomoko

Tomoko Schum
11/16/2003, 07:51 PM
So, where do we all live?

Greenbean and I live in Madison. Mariner and a possibly another person live in Athens. I see Chris B is in Decatur and racreel is in Hartselle. Toolguy is in Fayettesville, TN. Kyle lives in Maridianville? Yoda is in Tony. Harry and Speakeraddict are both in South Huntville. lilbubba is near Paint Rock? jwjwfour and another person live in Arab. brzerk is in Oxford. Did I miss someone?

Judging from where we live and where we work, Huntville may not be a bad location to meet most of the time. We can hold a meeting in Decatur sometimes. We possibly could hold a meeting on a weekend occasionally to accomodate some who can't come Thursday afternoon. Hmmm, didn't Mariner offer a cook out once before ; )

Tomoko

Tomoko

Mariner
11/16/2003, 09:10 PM
Tomoko and I think so much alike its scary. We might have been separated at birth, except I was born in France and she was born??????:confused:
ANYWAY, why don't we just meet at the Aquarium Shop in December, we can discuss future plans easier when we're all in the same room I think.
I'd love to do a cookout for everyone sometime -- maybe in the Spring.
Mariner

cwponds
11/16/2003, 09:16 PM
Even if you decide Thursdays as the monthly meeting day, I for one would appreciate some Saturdays mixed in because I can't make the Thursday meetings.

Chris
from Athens

speakeraddict
11/17/2003, 09:19 AM
OK, I agree with all of us meeting and discussing. (Almost sounds like a government job a meeting to plan meetings!)

I can usually make Thursdays easier than weekends but if planned ahead I can shift my work schedule to attend just about any day.

Sorry to sound like the poll was cut off. Everyone should still vote if they haven't.

speakeraddict

brzerk
11/17/2003, 06:41 PM
If we are going to go by the poll then the meetings have to be on the 1st thursday and the have to be at a store, that is what won the poll.
I think the poll was to broad, I just picked a saturday. I dont care which one. I think it would be better if it started out simple: thursday or saturday, give it 2 weeks so everyone has a chance to vote then go from there and see if they want it at a store or someones home.
Also, if its going to be discussed at the next meeting, that falls on a thursday and all of the saturday people will not be there to voice opinions.There is no time limit it dosnt have to have everything decided today, We have plenty of time to sort things out.
To the first members that started this club, you did a great job but as a reef club and with more members it will be difficult, but it will be worth it in the end.

Tomoko Schum
11/17/2003, 07:29 PM
Speakeraddict -

Would you provide us with an updated members list? I would like to know where our members are located. How many are we? Are we really so spread out geographically?

Tomoko

speakeraddict
11/17/2003, 09:52 PM
Yep. I will post the list on the site without real names and just city.

We are pretty spread out.

We are spread from near Gadsden to Fayetteville.

speakeraddict

Tomoko Schum
11/18/2003, 12:10 AM
Bear in mind that some of the people who live far away actually work in Huntsville and have often been attending the monthly Thursday meetings. However, if we decide to continue meeting on Thursday, we should hold meetings on Saturdays periodically to accommodate the people who cannot come to the Thursday meetings.

Tomoko

yoda
11/18/2003, 03:11 PM
I chose not to vote, just because I'm flexible. I really have no preference. Seems like everybody voted for different things anyway, so maybe over time we can try to do all of those things and satisfy the bulk of the members.

Jason