PDA

View Full Version : Fish Stores

dellrio
11/13/2003, 03:03 PM
so what r some good fish stores in the omaha area? my mom is back there and i come home from school to visit her once or twice a year..

frustrated
11/15/2003, 10:36 AM
Well there is Aquapets (NW corner of 108th and Maple on the back side of the little strip mall exact address as follows 3327 N 109TH PLZ, OMAHA) and Bellevue Pet Center (1821 WILSHIRE DR, Bellevue) These are our two favorites.

dellrio
11/15/2003, 04:11 PM
ive been it aquapets.. ti was okay.. not much for coral.

davem511
12/05/2003, 10:11 AM
Bellevue Pet Center used to be the best... Aqua Pets is still pretty good. I'd say Reef Tectonics is the best now. They order nice corals. Aqua Pets seems more focused on fish. Bellevue doesn't seem to get the stock in like they used to.

koikeeper
01/01/2004, 09:37 PM
Bellevue pet center is good if you are looking for fish or the occasional nice coral but the stock is erratic, Sometimes good and sometimes not. Customer service is not there.

Reef techtonics is really great on customer service but still a very limited selection. Nice liverock. Nice fish for what is there. anf while not always a wide selection for corals it is a lot better than a lot of the local stores.

Aquapets has a good variety and very healthy fish stock. Corals almost non-existent but very helpful and knowledgable people work there.

I have been to just about every fishstore in town and those three are the only ones I would consider buying saltwater from.

There is someone in the Omaha Marine Society starting www.amazingaquatics.com

That will be a saltwater ordering site which is convenient as far as another in-town source.

lchase12
01/01/2004, 09:40 PM
I have been to Bellevue pets a couple of times. It is really hit or miss. Sometimes they have a great selection and other times it is not worth driving there.