PDA

View Full Version : New Pic

Carlos
06/20/2001, 11:57 PM
Well,

Here is a pic of my nano at 1 month old!

http://www.reefaholics.com/images/nano.jpg

BTW, there is a barnicle blennie in the tank. Will take a pic of it tomorrow.

Keep on reefing,

Carlos

Q-ball
06/21/2001, 08:09 AM
Hey Los, I wanna get one or maybe two of those barnacle blennies myself for mine, where'd you get the barnacles? Does Jeff have any that he can send with em? Tank looks good btw, mine's really taking off, I"m going to have to get some updated pics soon too...

Q!!!

Carlos
06/21/2001, 07:13 PM
Q,

I am not sure if Jeff carries them regularly. I was there with Therman and MrSandmand and we picked up four of them. Ramon (MrSandman) has three of them and I have the fourth.

You might want to give him a call and find out.

Man, they are the coolest fish you can ever see!!!!

Carlos

mr9iron
06/21/2001, 08:32 PM
Looking really good Carlos, I cant wait to see more pics of the tank as it matures.

Q-ball, hows the tank doing? Mines looking pretty good right now. I've done some new aquascaping and added about 2 inches of southdown and have placed a several corals in it. I would like to get some macros for nutrient export but I dont have a lfs anywhere near me that carries any. Oh yeah, I hate to be a PITA but if I sent you some new pics of the tank in the future would you help me post them. I really gotta figure out how to do this whole home page thing.

Q-ball
06/21/2001, 08:57 PM
Hiyas...Mr9Iron...tank looks better every day, it's amazing but it's easily doing better than my tanks at home, not sure why yet:) Gimme a few weeks, may be able to hook you up with some culerpa as well. Go ahead & send those pics on, I'll get em up for ya.

Q!!!

mr9iron
06/21/2001, 09:35 PM
Q-ball, as usual you da man :D It will probably be a week or so before I can get those pics to ya, I gotta borrow my coworkers camera and the lil wife and I are going to be leaving for a few days for vacation. Again my many thanks for your help. The calurpa would be great, just drop me a line and im more than willing to pay you for the calurpa and all shipping costs. I owe ya big!!!!!!! Howz bout my first born?:p Just kidding I wouldnt give him away for all the corals in the world.

Playfair
06/22/2001, 01:49 PM
Lookin good, LOS!

Hehe If I didn't know better, I'd say that macro on the right side resembles some plastic plants in my goldfish bowl from years ago...

nitritetest
06/22/2001, 06:48 PM
Playfiar,

You say on your webpage that your powerhead comes on and off in something like 30 second intervals...what kind of timer are you using to accomplish this? I know there are big expensive digital ones with all sorts of controls, are you using something else?

Carlos
06/22/2001, 06:55 PM
Yes PF,

The macro that is on your left side is Halimeda which is easy to control and will not take over the tank.

The macro on the right is Prolifera which also is a very cool looking macro that is easy to control and will not take over the tank.

The tank is doing awesome. That pic was taken just before the lights went off so the corals were already in a sleeping mode when I took the picture. I will take a mid-day picture tomorrow so you guys can see it at its fullest!

Keep on reefing!!!

Carlos

Drewman
06/22/2001, 07:54 PM
The tank looks really good Carlos! This whole nano things is starting to grab my interest...:bum:

Drew