PDA

View Full Version : Strange Clown behavior - video attached

andro
11/12/2003, 05:38 PM
I also posted this in the Anemone and Clownfish forum.

Does anyone recognize this behavior? My 2 tomato clowns (maybe cinnamon) have been in my tank for over 1 year now, occasionally they would swim together, but not lately. I came home from work today to find them rubbing together and swimming around each other, they have been doing that for the past 1/2 hour. I have a ttached a video clip it is 30 seconds long from my digital camera, about 5 megs to download, so don't do it if you are on dial-up.

If you have any ideas please let me know. I was thinking that they might finally be pairing up or something, possibly courting each other.

-Ian

Clown Video (http://hvreef.org/members/andro/temp/clowns.avi)

foxstop
11/12/2003, 06:28 PM
I'm not sure, but if they aren't killing each other I would guess that might be spawning behavior. I need to go dig out Joyce Wilkerson's book on Clownfish. I haven't read it in years, but it's a great book. If I find it I'll let you know what it says.

Brian

andro
11/12/2003, 06:31 PM
Cool, thanks, they have moved closer to my LTA than earlier, but they are still doing it.

-Ian

masterswimmer
11/12/2003, 07:08 PM
Cool video Ian,
I didn't know you were into voyeurism. Shame on you. I'm thinking this is the beginning of the next Pamela and Tommy Lee cyber video.

Russ

andro
11/12/2003, 07:22 PM
:rollface: :rollface: :rollface: :rollface:
:lolspin: :lolspin: :lolspin: :lolspin:

:love1: --> :smokin:

masterswimmer
11/12/2003, 07:32 PM
Ian,
Please tell me how you posted your video. It says on new thread posts maximum attachment is 512000 kb? Teach me, I don't have a digital cam but I do have a video cam and I can upload a short video of my tank. You did ask for pix.

Russ

nine9d
11/12/2003, 08:50 PM
Hey Russ,
He placed it on the hvreef server for a quick moment to get some answers. After he gets some feedback fast he is going to delete it. As long as you have a server to place files on that can handle the amount of bandwidth it would be o.k. Our site cannot handle but up to 5gigs monthly transfer which is huge, but when you place big media clips on there, that 5gigs can get used very, very fast. That is why you do not see a lot of personal sites with movies on them. Even though I don't suggest doing this for the whole RC to view, If you wanted to place something for us to see I am sure that would be fine. Whenever you have something just lmk. Thanks.

Tomzpc
11/12/2003, 09:17 PM
Ian,

I didn't watch the vid but it sounds like spawning behavior to me.
Congratulations!

andro
11/12/2003, 10:43 PM
I moved the video.

Clown video (http://foxweb.marist.edu/users/urib/fish/clowns.avi)

Geepers Creepers
11/12/2003, 10:54 PM
They will lay their eggs on the rock behind the anemone most likely under it. They will bite the anemone to get it to move and bite the rock to clean it. Then they will lay the eggs and fertilize them. If that’s what it is?

andro
11/13/2003, 08:08 AM
Cool, one of them was biting the rockwork last night before lights out.

-Ian

ADS
11/13/2003, 04:28 PM
It looked territorial-one trying to keep the other away from LTA.
very cool however!
Adam