PDA

View Full Version : Just found this forum

BraenDead
11/09/2003, 08:35 PM
Hello all!
I just noticed this forum, and being in Madison myself, was curious about the club and everything. I'm pretty much a newbie in the realm of saltwater tanks and only have a FOWLR, but love the hobby and have been trying to learn as much as possible.
thanks!
Bob

Ereefic
11/10/2003, 12:13 AM
Hey Bob, glad you found us. Not to many people using the forum yet, but hopefully soon.

We just had a meeting this evening. If you PM me your name and e-mail address, I'll get you on the mailing list.

BraenDead
11/10/2003, 12:21 AM
Sent you a pm, hopefully. My first time trying to send a pm, so let me know if you didnt get it. Thanks!

jimwfly
11/10/2003, 08:34 PM
Ereefic,

I couldn't make Sunday's meeting, but keep me on the list nonetheless.

Thanks,
Jim

MiddletonMark
11/22/2003, 05:36 AM
Email or PM me about the meeting I'm hosting December 7 in Middleton, about 6-9.

buiryn
01/16/2004, 10:49 AM
I was just browsing the forums and thought I would take a look to see if there are any local clubs, and low and behold I find this one.

I'm just starting up a 125gal tank. The tank currently has 72lbs of tonga deep water live rock curing in it and it's cycling well. Ammonina is down and nitrites/nitrates are up. I still have a few more weeks before I can even think about adding anything.

How often does the club meet? Much activity?

Buiryn

MiddletonMark
01/16/2004, 11:01 AM
We meet monthly ... everyone hosts a meeting so it ranges around town - I believe the next meeting is 1/24/04, somewhere on the west side.

The Wisconsin Reef Society is having a meeting tomorrow in Milwaukee ... a number of people are members of both [I am!].

WRS does some `bigger' stuff ... raffles, brings in speakers, and more ... and is more of a `formal' club than Madison, which I'd call it more informal.

buiryn
01/16/2004, 11:16 AM
I just checked out WRS's site. Very nice and sounds like a good org to join up with as well. Too bad I already had plans for tomorrow or I'd be tempted on going.

Let me know when the next Madison meet is, I would like to meet other local reefers before I make too many other 'newbie' mistakes.

Buiryn

Ereefic
01/20/2004, 12:49 AM
Hey buiryn, glad you found us. I believe the next meeting is this coming sunday. Not exactley sure yet. PM me your e-mail and i'll get you on the mailing list.

buiryn
01/21/2004, 12:49 PM
pm sent