PDA

View Full Version : AZ-NO3 - Nitrate Reducer

lu
06/19/2001, 01:23 PM
I had nitrate problem in my tank for a while. It was always around 60. Even I did 20% water change. I tried ACQUAMARINE NITRATE REDUCER. It didn't work for some reason (Not for my tank). I finally tried AZ-NO3. It's great result. It's been 10 days now. After first 4 days, nitrate was down to 20. It's zero right now. I heard some comments that it might affect some of corals. I don't have any problems with it. Anybody has nitrate problem may try it with courage.

Good luck

billsreef
06/19/2001, 10:59 PM
Glad too hear it works for you.

FMarini
06/19/2001, 11:38 PM
Hey:
glad to read this product worked for you...
Allow me to suggest you do a search for this exact title in the main forum. I recall it being discussed there. I can tell you my experience w/ this stuff.
First off, it does work just like you said...it dropped my nitrate level by over 40ppm in 4 days. It also dropped my ORP in seconds (which was over come by increasing the skimmer). But it did work temporarily. The effects lasts about 2-3 weeks, then my nitrates started to climb again.
So I suggest to you that you uncover where your source of nitrate is comming from and start measure to prevent its return. Possible sources are using tap water for top off, excess fish load or feeding, and wet/dry type filters. Anything saound familiar?
Otherwise you're gonna be adding this stuff(and its not cheap) monthly
frank

Neal358
06/20/2001, 12:40 AM
what is AZ-NO3 and how dose it work??

FMarini
06/20/2001, 09:51 AM
Neal:
please do a search using AZ-NO3, there are afew posts in the main forums which go into detail about this stuff. The product can be found at monolith marine monsters.
http://www.marine-monsters.com/
as mentioned above its only a temporary fix for a nitrate problem
frank