PDA

View Full Version : NARC meet / thanks Philip and Jerry

567a
11/08/2003, 05:28 PM
Well Thanks a bunch Jerry and Phillip - Karen and I had a great time. The frags are acclimating as I type. The xenia made the trip here jes' fine too. I'll see you guys later this week or next at the longest.

Look forward to another NARC meet with you guys. Speakeraddict I'll get the photos to ya soon as I download them, look to your pm and we'll get it figured out.

Doug + Karen

567a
11/08/2003, 05:30 PM
BTW Phillip I forgot to ask but how bright a light were the mother colonies under so I have an idea of where to start them in my tank?

Mariner
11/08/2003, 06:48 PM
AWESOME MEETING! Let's do it again next week! ;) (JK)
Thanks so much to Philip and Jerry -- ya'll have a first class operation. I learned a lot from the frag clinic. And it was super nice of you guys to give away all those freebies! Hope to see ya'll again before long.
Mariner

lilbubba
11/08/2003, 07:04 PM
Mariner I would have to second and third that it was awesome. It went better than I thought it would. Philip and Jerry yall rule!

lilbubba

Westpat
11/08/2003, 09:30 PM
That was probably the largest gathering of AL Reefers to date. It was nice to see familiar faces and meet new ones. I hope that we can do this every few months or so. Philip and Jerry are really top notch. It was a great event, and I hope that all our frags become healthy reminders of our good time.

David

Tomoko Schum
11/08/2003, 10:31 PM
Sure was a lot of fun. A really nice presentation, too. It was nice seeing Birmingham people as well. I agree, Westpat, we need to get together like this more often.

Tomoko

JimW
11/08/2003, 10:37 PM
WOW!! What a great meeting! :thumbsup:
Hats off to NARC and to Phillip and Jerry for providing a most enjoyable and memorable day.

Great to be able to put some faces with the names I have seen here and look forward to meeting with you all again.

Thanks again!
Jim

H@rry
11/09/2003, 07:51 AM
I absolutely agree with all the comments above! It was truly an enjoyable and interesting experience for Mary Ruth and I. The fraggin' clinic was top notch. Good to meet some new people as well. Many thanx to Phillip and Jerry for their generosity and for allowing a troll in the store!

Tomoko Schum
11/09/2003, 09:37 AM
All of you are invited to the open house at John Newby's today! He's got a nice facility at his place. Not as spectacular as Fish Tail, but probably the nicest in Huntsville right now. Definitely worth checking out. If you need the direction to his place, please e-mail me or call me at 830-2869 before 12:30pm today.

Tomoko

Philip Root
11/09/2003, 09:52 AM
Addressing the lighting question:
The seriatopora (birds nest) was setting under a 150 hqi about 4" So put it lower than 4". The leater was setting 3" under 880 watts of vho. Set it at least 4" under the water.

yoda
11/09/2003, 01:29 PM
Great meeting everyone. It was nice to put more faces with screen names. It was cool to see such a killer selection of fragments for sale. I'm hopeful our "dollar votes" will keep that selection growing.

LittleBubba, JWJW, it was nice to meet you guys.

Jason

Westpat
11/09/2003, 11:18 PM
My frag is sitting about 8" directly under my 175 10K. Polyps are extending and it seems to be doing fine. While MH provides more wattage, the DE150W gives off more intensity. So that is something to consider also.

Philip correct me if I am wrong,

David

speakeraddict
11/09/2003, 11:49 PM
I had a great time!

I will update the website with pics and info from the meeting ASAP.

Jerry, would it be possible to get a copy of the power point presentation to put on the page?

Thanks,
speakeraddict

farmernick
11/10/2003, 01:10 PM
Hey everyone,
I was turely nice getting to meet all of you. I had a great time and got some GREAT frags. Thanks Philip and Jerry!!!

I think the powerpoint presentation would be great to be able to get. It would be a great reference for later on.

Nicholas

racreel
11/12/2003, 11:05 AM
My son and I had a great time. It was nice to meet some of the folks here.

Seeing the great tanks there makes me want to get mine setup that much more! :rollface:

Mariner and speakeraddict I have PM'ed you.

Richard