PDA

View Full Version : 38g Must Go!

Tom Berry
11/05/2003, 10:29 PM
My wife says my old 38g AG tank (36" x 12" x20) has to go. It is in great condition, no scratches, just needs cleaning. It comes with a cast iron stand that is designed to hold 2 tanks stacked vertically. I actually have another identical tank that has a couple of scratches, and may need a new plastic frame (available for around $15 from Pet Advantage), but is watertight and usable as a sump or separate system. I'll also throw in a 36" hood with 2 30W fluorescent lamps and a couple of Powersweep powerheads.

I need to get the whole lot out of the house ASAP, so make me a reasonable (or unreasonable!) offer.

Tom Berry:fish2:

mogulski
11/07/2003, 12:40 PM
Tom,
I would love to check it out at your house this tuesday. It sounds like what I'm kooling for!
As you expected from our conversation at the pet advantage, I'm looking to start a SPS tank. I have a 250 W sincle ended MH pendant with 2x32W Actinic PC's. Now I need a tank. Your 38 sounds very suitable. I would use my 20gal H as a sump.

Now for the hard part. Convincing my fiancie' that we need yet another marinen tank. LOL

Tom Berry
11/07/2003, 03:09 PM
Jonathan,

This tank would work well for you. The only problem using a single halide would be the center brace. Drew from Pet Advantage cut his out and replaced it with a clear plexi one. If you want to be a REAL sps fanatic you need 2 halides anyway:D

the other 38 would work great for a sump, and give you more safety margin against a flood from an overflow problem.

You can check it out Tuesday evening. If youve got, or can borrow, a truck or van you can take it home with you.

Tom:fish2: