PDA

View Full Version : Anyone need southdown sand?

llpoolej
11/04/2003, 01:25 PM
Home depot seems to be working with me to get some in. I think I have to get a palette of it. I need 3-5 bags at most.

Anyone interested in some, let me know!!

llpoolej
11/04/2003, 02:52 PM
Home Depot on Kingston pike said they were going to order it in through the Garden dept. May keep it as a regular item from now on.

It is going to be $6 a bag.

Just to let you know if you would like some. Now I won't have to buy a palette! If you would like some, it would probably help to call the garden dept and let them know. 691-9500. Ask for the garden dept.

SmartWrasse
11/04/2003, 09:51 PM
Great tip Julie. Hopefully they will stock the sand.

EvilMel
11/05/2003, 12:27 PM
Hey Julie, I can't believe you have been working to get home depot to get southdown sand. That's great. I have been following a thread on the Alabama Reefers page about their issues with getting it from home depot.

I would love to get some. Will you let me know when they have it in stock or if they are gonna order it for you, I would like to go in on it.

Mel

p.s. how many bags in a pallet?

llpoolej
11/06/2003, 05:49 PM
Mel, give Home depot's garden dept and let them know that you *also* would love if they stocked it as a regular item. They have been extremely nice to me and the contractor sales guy is the one who figured out it was a garden dept item and then talked the garden dept manager into ordering it to save the shipping costs(that we would incurr)

Sometimes just being very thankful for their help works wonders. My mom wins again on her old saying "you get more bees with honey vs vinegar". Don't really know why I would want bees though :D

awcurl
11/06/2003, 10:05 PM
Julie,

Did you order some or are you just going to wait and see if they stock it? Also, who did you speak with in the garden department so I may ask for them also when I call to express my interest in the sand?

Art

llpoolej
11/07/2003, 02:13 PM
I spoke with Bob in contractor sales. He is the one who is working on this and said the Garden dept would order it. I am counting on them ordering it in.

I would probably call the garden dept and ask for the garden dept manager. We just got back in town, had a family emergency. I am catching up right now

imsqueak
11/08/2003, 07:48 PM
I called them to check it out. A guy answered and he had no clue. I asked who the manager of the dept was. He said Lisa is the garden dept mgr. I hope others will call Lisa and let her know that we really want this product. The guy said they were taking down their pond area for the season. I hope this doesnt mean they wont order the sand until the spring. Maybe, if enough interest is given, Lisa will order a pallet or so now and not wait until next pond season...

llpoolej
11/08/2003, 08:00 PM
Bob, the guy in contractor sales called me (from his cell phone!) Actually apologized for taking so long. Said the garden dept couldn't get it, but he would. I do believe freight will be added to it, still alot cheaper than the bagged live stuff.

As soon as I know anything definitive, I will let you know!

CORAL REEF KNOXVILLE
11/09/2003, 09:06 PM
hay,guys let me know what the deal is on the sand order. If the homedepot can't get it, maybe I could order it through the store I will get a pallet. thanks dennis

llpoolej
11/09/2003, 09:22 PM
Works for me!! Only problem is that is that I always buy too much when I go in your store. Some sort of compulsion of mine :D

awcurl
11/13/2003, 07:46 PM
Julie, is this still in the works or is it a dead issue?

llpoolej
11/13/2003, 07:48 PM
Still in the works, I stopped by today and it has been turned over to a manager. So, not dead yet

awcurl
11/13/2003, 07:54 PM
Thanks, I spoke with Dennis about him ordering it, but it didn't look to promising.

Sir Knight
11/13/2003, 09:25 PM
If the club would like to do a group order I can get you 70 bags which is one pallet of Pure Caribbean Aragonite for $1200.00 + tax which equates to about $17.15 a bag before taxes. Each bag of sand is 40lbs. Sand must be picked up at my location. The above price includes shipping to my location. I must have the money in hand before I place the order

Joe W.

CORAL REEF KNOXVILLE
11/13/2003, 09:32 PM
I THINK GUYS I CAN GET FOR 14.OO PER BAG IF WE GET 70 BAGS.EVERYONE LET ME KNOW DENNIS/THE DIFFERNCE BETWEEN IT AND SOUTH DOWN IS ITS BAGGED ONLY WITH ARAG. SAND /SOUTH DOWN CAN AND IS SOMETIMES BAG IN A VAT WERE LIME HAS BEEN BAGGED AND OTHER ITEMSTHANKS DENNIS