PDA

View Full Version : Large Tanks Online

cason1975
11/04/2003, 01:00 PM
Can anyone tell me if there is a website where you can get prices and look at large tanks?

Thanks Cason

griss
11/04/2003, 02:29 PM
Cason,

I am currently researching a larger tank myself. Here are some of the places I have found.

www.harboraquatics.com (you have to email them for prices)
www.acrylicaquariums.com
www.fishtankstore.com
www.aquartaquariums.com
www.petcircuit.com

HTH,

George

Aged Salt
11/04/2003, 06:12 PM
Talk to Andy, @www.myreefcreations.com for a custom-built[well-built BTW] large acrylic tanks:thumbsup:

KenT
11/04/2003, 06:44 PM
Stay away from ATM in Vegas!

Twize
11/05/2003, 12:03 AM
cason1975

Since your shoping around, check out:

www.tropicalfishstore.com (Tenecor Dealer)
www.tenecor.com

Both have the prices online too.

firefightersfish
11/05/2003, 12:08 AM
[edited]

youngcoral
11/05/2003, 08:27 AM
Living Color Inc. out of Ft. Lauderdale Florida builds large custom tanks and also has 13 large standard tanks in stock that range from 180 gallons to 2000 gallons. Their best buy is a 270 gallon 6'x2'x3' tank for $1,860. This aquarium is made out of one-inch acrylic and will have no more than 3/16" deflection. Give Keith a call at Living Color.:)

ReeferMac
11/05/2003, 09:52 AM
If you're looking for a glass tank, I am happy w/ what I got from InterAmerican. It's a Canadian Outfit, so shipping costs and the exchange affect pricing, but I got my 230 gallon starphire tank for ~$1300 USD shipped.

- Mac

yaoming713
11/05/2003, 10:05 AM
why buy when u can DIY large tank?

youngcoral
11/05/2003, 10:20 AM
Has any one ever worked with Aquariums for you out of the east coast? I hear they have great pricing on glass tanks. And to answer Yaoming question you cant warranty your own mistakes. Some times it’s more cost effective to have a professional do it right the first time.:)

gixxer337
11/05/2003, 10:45 PM
do anybody know any place around Louisiana that make large tank for a good price? or have to order in other states. thanks in advance

swegyptian
11/06/2003, 01:21 AM
www.petcircuit.com

these guys are in atlanta, so closer than LA.

crescent1
11/11/2003, 10:00 PM
www.aquariumsforyou.com

NAGA
11/14/2003, 09:09 AM
Aquariums for you is on the high end of things with regards to pricing.

I would undoubtedly stay faaaaaaaaaar away from Aqua Art. They are on the other end.

Living color is a great company to deal with.

crescent1
11/15/2003, 04:49 PM
you get what you pay for.

ReeferMac
11/16/2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by crescent1
you get what you pay for.

Yeah, I'll second that.

Now, please, take this as just an aside, and remember I know nothing about aquariumsforyou, petcircuit, or any of those other companys, but...

Pricing out my 'new tank' last year, and I was trying to decide between an Oceanic "Island Tank" all customized, getting an AGA and risking my own customizations (LFS will drill...at your risk: solution was cheapest, but at a much higher risk), or getting an interamerican tank (every tank is a custom job, but he's affordable).

Long story short I went w/ the middle guy, and spent a little extra for the starphire. Tank's great, functionally perfect, but it's the little things (silicone, etc.), that detract from it having that 'perfect', polished, and refined look. It's a gorgeous aqaurium, and is working out great for me, I'm happy as could be, don't get me wrong... but when I walk by the Oceanic's For Sale at the LFS.. I notice some of the little things.

I'm very happy w/ my decision, I think I got a great tank at a great deal, and if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't do anything different (well, OK, maybe 1.5" bulkheads instead of 2"). BUT... if you're the kind of guy that notices the details, gets caught up the look of the silicone, and obsesses and lets those kind of things bother them... don't cheap out the tank. If you can hide those things in your presentation (like putting trim along the edges of the tank to hide the seams, or recess the tank into a wall?), it'd be a no-brainer in my book: I'd buy the cheapest tank I could trust not to blow apart on me. But I know a lot of people that are fussy, especially reefers, and IME it's those little tiny things that you sacrifice when you try and save a few bucks here or there (not just w/ aquariums, but items in general). Call it Engineering, Craftsmanship, or just good old Quality Control... but that's where the dollars and cents are shaved.

OK, thanks for listening, I'll get down off my soap box now :D

- Mac

crescent1
11/16/2003, 07:15 PM
mac, i couldent of put it better if i tried.