PDA

View Full Version : LFS review

speakeraddict
11/03/2003, 10:27 AM
Gang,

Don't read this if you don't like negative reviews.

I went to Chatanooga saturday and while I was there, I decided to visit a couple of LFS since I hadn't visited them there in a few years.

My first choice, Nothside Pets, went out of business last year.
:( What a shame. They used to have unreal prices on live rock and softies. Not much for displays but great stock.

My second choice, Get Tanked, has been bought out by another company from Gatlinburg. The tanks are bare except for fish which are way over priced. The freshwater fish were so overcrowded that they were literally balled up in the tanks swarming. They did have a couple 75's setup with corals in them. They were inadequately lit the live rock looked like he went and picked it up from lookout mountain and dropped it in the tanks and, again, way overpriced He didn't even have limewood airstones and didn't understand what they were! I did, however, get a really nice domino damsel for $5. He said he did a bulk by from a breeder in Florida on them. I mainly bought him to rescue him. (by my wife's suggestion)

All in all, a wasted trip if it had been just for aquarium shopping.

Thought I would warn you if you were going to try there.

Looks like Reef Life is going to be the promised land if their reputation is correct now that B'ham is a bust from what I hear.

I am going to Nashville in two weeks to visit Wet pets and Fish Bowl. They used to be awesome, but, again, I haven't been there in quite a while so we will see.

speakeraddict

yoda
11/03/2003, 11:10 AM
Next time your in Chattanooga, check out The Bermuda Triangle. Take the East Brainerd Rd. Exit (off of I75) and stay east. I think they are on the right after a few miles, in a small shopping center.

They had a nice little soft coral frag display, a killer liverock vat, and a nice selection of SW fish. Not much as far as SPS goes, but they had a few frags of stylopora and M. digitata.

Jason

speakeraddict
11/03/2003, 11:14 AM
I will be there in about 4 weeks to drop off my stepson with his dad.

I will look then.

Thanks,
speakeraddict

SITNLOWDOWN
11/10/2003, 08:54 PM
there was also a store up the road from get tanked called discount pets they have a nice selection of corals for great prices hope this help and get tanked was not bought out by some one from Gatlinburg

SITNLOWDOWN
11/10/2003, 08:55 PM
ohh and if you think get tanked is high you need not even go to bremuda tri angle they are the highest place around i go to atlantas capachinno bay aquariums

speakeraddict
11/11/2003, 09:19 AM
The fellow told me he renamed get tanked Fish YIP.

He said he just bought it and has another store in Gatlinburg.

The name Bermuda Triangle must be associated with high prices! There used to be a place called that in Chicago and it was outrageous. Granted, this was 12 years ago, but, he wanted $50 for a yellow tang when everyone else wanted $25 or so.

I wonder...

speakeraddict

SITNLOWDOWN
11/11/2003, 07:30 PM
lmao there is a store in fort o called get tanked im friend with them and as far a fish yip goes they suck very bad i wouldnt buy anything from them at all but there is a store in fort o called get tanked and there is another store called fish yip fish yip told you a lie if they said they use to be get tanked because get tanked is still running

speakeraddict
11/11/2003, 09:30 PM
Well they have the same address as get tanked in the Chatanooga yellow pages.

Doesn't matter. They are not worth a second visit IMHO.

speakeraddict

kng
11/16/2003, 12:08 PM
Went to Nashville yesterday and stopped in the Aquatic Critter. As far as the overall store they were real nice. (They are the ones who have the reptile place next door with the Caimen pool.)

They had some pretty good display tanks, but their coral displays weren't all that impressive. They had a fair selection of corals, nothing exotic and no frags. I guess if you are into fish (fresh and saltwater) this would be a real good place to go.

All in all, I would say if you are in the area stop in, but I don't know if it would be worth a special trip.

-Kyle