PDA

View Full Version : Species only tank....

Aquarius Lady
10/31/2003, 02:22 PM
Anyone running some species only tank??? Maybe in around 6 months I'd love to run a species only Sea horse tank. (Since I know these guys require a separate tank) Just was wondering if anyone in the Chas.Reefers ran a seahorse tank or a species only. If so, what are you running and got any pictures?? <G>

skipm
10/31/2003, 03:14 PM
I have a small species tank that houses a few dwarf seahorses (hippocampus zosterae). It is a 2 1/2 gallon AGA tank with an old model DynaFlo 1 hang on filter that has a Sanders Picollo skimmer mounted inside of it and a sponge over the intake. I started out with 10 dwarves but had some bristleworms get into thier old tank which was a 6 gallon Eclipse. I think the little buggers stole a ride in on some caulerpa, they must have been tiny for me to miss them but they got in there sure enough. The first one I found was about 2 1/2-3 inches long and I was down to 3 or 4 dwraves when I finally found him. I have a pair of them now and found more bristleworms when I moved them to thier 2 1/2 gallon home.
I have plans for another seahorse tank in the future, I have a 20 gallon acrylic hex that should do nicely for a pair of small to medium sized seahorses (I am not sure which ones I want for the tank yet). I will try to bring some pics to the meeting if I can remember. Skip