PDA

View Full Version : whats is a good c02 regulator? please help!

crash
06/13/2001, 08:29 PM
;

dsb1829
06/13/2001, 09:30 PM
Any reason why you posted this in the BARE forum? Seems kind of weird for us to be getting a question from someone in MI.

It also sounds like you are a bit confused about the regulator and its association with the control electronics. Let me try and shed a bit of light for you. The regulator is a mechanical device with the sole purpose of reducing the pressure in the CO2 tank down to a useful pressure of about 7psi that is usually connected to a needle valve for fine control. After the needle valve you can then plumb directly to a bubble counter and into your reactor.

Where the electronics come into the picture is with a solenoid. The solenoid valve will shut off teh CO2 if power to the plug is off. This is usefull in the event of power outage so as not to waste CO2. It is also how a controller helps maintain PH, Ca, and Alkalinity. You can choose the high and low PH values on the controller. It will then turn the CO2 on or off as the ph changes. Once the proper CO2 level is achieved the controller does little more than monitor the ph level and shut off the CO2.

One more thing for thought. You can run a reactor with just a solenoid, a needle valve, and a ph monitor. No additional equipment is needed. Some people even run theirs off of natural CO2 production in the for of fermentation. That does away with the tank and solenoid.

Hope this helps.:D

crash
06/13/2001, 09:44 PM
doug yes I put it in wrong forum sorry
I do under stand about reg. and controller just looking for
good brands. is it worth using a controller? good brands?