PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Tip Anemone

Pygmey
10/29/2003, 08:20 AM
I just got my bubble tip anemone and it rocks!!!!!

Any pointers out there on the best care.. It has already attached after having it for 4 hours and is extruding its tentacles..

I am told raw shrimp split into small pieces is the best food to make it grow..

Any other tips?

Thanks

Eric

Bullet
10/29/2003, 09:20 PM
I have been feeding mine silversides since day 1 and it has taken it every time. It must like it...it has tripled in size since I have had it (about 2 months). I think I am going to start slow down on the feedings to keep him/her from getting to big. I don't know if yours will do this and I am sure you have read post on the BTA on here, but dont freak out when it poops for the 1st time. Even though I read everything on them I could...I still thought it was dying when mine did. I just love mine! Good luck with yours.

troyq
10/31/2003, 10:29 PM
how much room do they take up. im looking for something for my clown. not sure im ready for an anemone though.

Pygmey
10/31/2003, 10:37 PM
What do you mean by poops:)

Atticus
10/31/2003, 11:02 PM
Troy please make sure you read up on the care of an anemone before purchasing one. Your clowns would readily host in a coral and mushroom corals are easy to keep.

Bullet
11/01/2003, 01:09 PM
When my bta "poops" for lack of better words, he will shrink up a little and some stringy stuff comes out and he the fully expands again. It worried me at first because I did not think about the anatomy of a BTA. They only have one hole to eat and expel wastes!

shaw
11/02/2003, 05:08 PM
Ya, my bta's are about 6 in in diameter, but after digestion and the poopin, they are as small as a quarter, but they look super flourescent when they are that small

Bullet
11/02/2003, 06:07 PM
Sorry Pygmey...I don't want to steal your tread, but Shaw in your experience...is this normal behavior. That explains mine to a T!!! Like I said before it is growing and looks great when expanded.

Atticus
11/02/2003, 09:22 PM
That is normal and a good sign of a healthy specimen. Just watch to see if it is "pooping" whole foods and not digested materials.

shaw
11/03/2003, 12:19 AM
Well, i know that anemones can get food by the integrated algae inside them, nematocysts to capture food, absorbtion of nutrients through the water column, and the poop from other fish.