PDA

View Full Version : Live rock positioning

ant276
10/28/2003, 10:17 PM
Question, when you move your live rock do you mark them? Or am I just being anal? Just moved my tank and took out my live rock this weekend. (had to move apartments) The problem is that I cannot reposition all of the rocks back to the way they were. (crap) I also did not glue them all together because I knew I had to move them.
I had specific places to put all of my corals but now I have to reposition them all. I will be moving once again as soon as I get my townhouse.

Tony

chicod00
10/29/2003, 09:15 AM
Take lots of pictures!

You could just see this as an opportunity to put together an even better aquascape.

You might want to glue together just a few pieces of LR here and there so that you have fewer sections to take out but not one huge arrangement that would be difficult to remove from the tank.

ant276
10/29/2003, 10:21 AM
The problem I have is I'm never too sure about the placement of the rocks in the first place. I'm a programmer and have never been very artistic. I like the picture taking idea, that's what I'll do next time. That's a much better idea than chipping numbers into the rock.

Thx
Tony

chicod00
10/29/2003, 12:26 PM
I also add my rock in a logical order from Largest on bottom to smallest on top. It makes it more stable and easy to put the pieces back together since i at least have the concept of how the go back in memorized.

BTW:
I like how your interests say that you "let them go"

I think its halarious when people on this forum put Sushi as one of their interests.