PDA

View Full Version : thesea.org recommended

c230
06/13/2001, 04:22 PM
Hi everyone, just wanted to let you guys know that I just got my order from Blane. The frags got here in good condition. It was a pleasure doing business with him. For a sales person, he seems genuinely concerned. He made several calls confirming the order and asking about the weather condition. The websites where I ordered from before basically just took the orders and ship them out, and I'm always the one that have to hunt them down and ask when is the expected arrival. With thesea.org, I didn't have to worry about any of that. Based on my experience, I wouldn't hesitate to order from him in the future. Also, before I forget, I want to mention that I got a free frag and extra pieces of what I ordered.

Grumpy Vet
06/16/2001, 05:53 AM
I've been to that site about four times. I keep expecting each time I go back to see it updated or at least have a spot where I can see what Blane is selling.

It has to be one of the least "surfer" friendly sites I have ever been to. Can anyone link to what he is actually selling?

GV

Snailman
06/16/2001, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Grumpy Vet
Can anyone link to what he is actually selling?

Just search this forum for the other 87 threads :( on thesea.org. For some reason the people who shop there feel the need to start a new thread evey time they shop there rather than add to one of the other threads on the same subject. Your question is exactly why I asked everyone to try and keep all posts about the same vendor in the same thread so we would have a thread per vendor. That way when someone wanted the story on vendor X they could get all of it in one thread. :)

Grumpy Vet
06/16/2001, 02:59 PM
Okey Dokey Mr. Snailman.....

So in Vendor experiences if I have a comment/question - just find the largest thread w/ the name of the place and tack it on there? No problemo.

I did receive an email from Blane saying he read my note and that he was sending Guido to come kill me and my Xenia...oh no wait - that was my bookie.....Blane's was a very nice one explaining how his operation is very educational oriented and that his site is a work in progress.

I'm hoping I did not offend Blane and below is an excerpt from my return email:

Hopefully you took the message as it was intended. It was more frustration than anything. I have heard oh so many good things about your frags. I see posts quite often saying how much they love your specimens - but when I go to find them or get more information - I am unable to find them on your site. I hate continuing to support mass bag & ship organizations that ship half-dead specimens only to have them die in my tank. I really hate that.

I did go to school in TX so I am not the brightest guy in the world, but I am somewhat familiar w/ Internet navigation. Your site mystifies me. The artwork is first-rate. The site, once done, I believe will be very informative and beneficial to aquarists. Even the construction parts that are not done - No biggy. I understand a family, as I have one myself. Working on the kid part now (wink, wink) so not as much time as I used to have for hobbies - but Hey....I'm not complaining. The one thing I cannot find is where one would order or see what you had to offer to other aquarists on your site. I found shipping and thought....Yippee...almost there....Blam...brick wall.

I admire your desire and motivation to teach, share and communicate w/ others in our hobby - that is why I come to the boards - to learn what I can and share what I know..........

.........What I do hear is - get stuff from thesea.org and Blane it is great.......Whatever you are doing wherever you are - you have many happy customers that have shared your story repeatedly. Maybe there is a misconception out there as to who/what thesea.org does/is.

Thanks for taking the time to fill me in on thesea.org Blane.

GV

reefaddict
06/19/2001, 08:28 AM
well, the only reason I can see that people keep making new threads is to get free frags... :rolleyes:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=25190&highlight=thesea.org

Snailman
06/19/2001, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by reefaddict
well, the only reason I can see that people keep making new threads is to get free frags... :rolleyes:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=25190&highlight=thesea.org

When they become a sponser we will give them their own forum where they are welcome to set policy but until then they so set policy on this forum. If what they want is a good word they plenty of those and I hope that they are sincere not just put there because of a bribe.

Grumpy Vet
06/19/2001, 06:18 PM
Amen Snailman -

That thread that was linked to - two threads up was really interesting.........I am as confused as a Firefish thrown into a centrifuge (spinning device) then dropped into a 20G reeftank w/ 10 hungry Triggers.

GV