PDA

View Full Version : Champion Lighting

Mako
06/13/2001, 12:59 PM
These guys are the pits let me tell you. Placed an order with them for 3 of the sun parabolic reflectors on June 6. In their confirmation email, automated BTW, they say they will email with tracking number when product ships. Well, no email by the 11th so I send them an email with an inquiry about it. No response to that, so I call them today. Get transferred to 3 different people all asking the same questions over and over. "Name, product ordered, when, etc...." Well, finally this guy comes on and says that I did not provide a CC number in the order. I said I chose the on file option (have ordered from them before, as recent as last month) He then tells me they could not find me in their system and they sent an email back to me asking for the CC number. RIGHT!! Never got it, or should I say they never sent it.

Oh well, guess I won't need those reflectors after all. Will go with the spider's instead and get them from Marine Depot. Those guys rule in customer service. Not like this crap you get over at Champion. Won't make that mistake ever again.

Ahhhhhh, I feel better now! :D

Aquamans Reef
07/02/2001, 12:12 AM
I also heard bad thinga about champion:(

yanasina
07/02/2001, 12:33 PM
I ordered from them on a Friday, received a confirmation of order on Tuesday, shipping confirmation with tracking number on Wednesday, and received the shipment the next Tuesday. Everything was in good shape.

The only glitch was they sent me the wrong tracking number. It was a little disconcerting to read my shipment was going to be delivered a couple states away.:eek: I called and got that straightened out easily.

I kept my fingers crossed the whole time due to what I've read on posts here, but my experience was good.

Ertan
07/02/2001, 05:50 PM
I didn't even receive an email confirmation. I placed an order they asked me name, add. and credit card number. (No explanation like others marine depot etc. not even a word...Your order will go out today or tomorrow maybe next year??!!!) 3 days later, I wanted to see if they shipped my order or not????

Of course not..... I called them I said could I get my tracking number?

�different people all asking the same questions over and over. "Name, product ordered, when, etc...."

They ask my name, “when did you place an order? Hold on pls.� Then They transfer me to warehouse he asked almost the same questions, then sales again............. I guess they don’t even have a software or something like that at least they can keep the track on the orders. Anyway I finally I spoke with this gentleman he told me that my order did not go out. I said ok. Thank you please cancel my order.. He says “ we are not like other mail order companies 40 people sitting waiting for calls …blah, blah, blah……

I dot want to go after supplier. Like marine depot they ask for my name then they confirm my ship to add. Boom. Next day you receive your tracking number via email…(this is the way it should be…..)

Anyway if you want to order something make sure that it’s going out same day or what ever the day they give ....

Ertan

Bubafat
07/02/2001, 10:45 PM
Why should they care about us? We make max wussy $600- 700 orders while their wholesale department sells thousands of dollars to one customer. That is why I don't order from them any more, their prices suck, their customer service sucks, and they spend all their money on advertising. Think about it, how much advertising does PA or MD do compaired to Champion, A WHOLE LOT LESS! That money must come from somewhere.

I say, ta hell with dem, deal with a good company like marinedepot or Premiumaquatics.

Buba:bum: