PDA

View Full Version : North Central PA Aquarium Reef Society Winter Frag Meeting

zooqi
10/27/2003, 11:51 PM
I figured that this will get you guys attention..So where are we having the next meeting or winter meeting? It will be nice to have one somewhere that is close to NY, NJ, OH reefers to attend too. I can drive anywhere since I'm in the middle.

Tagamet
10/28/2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by zooqi
I figured that this will get you guys attention..So where are we having the next meeting or winter meeting? It will be nice to have one somewhere that is close to NY, NJ, OH reefers to attend too. I can drive anywhere since I'm in the middle.

Your place is good (heehee)
Tag

zooqi
10/28/2003, 12:35 AM
I'm sure I will be having meetings next year around the same time but untill then it might be a good idea to have one or two between now and then somewhere else.

millisec
10/28/2003, 12:38 AM
How about the Florida Keys and a hands on class in collection :lol: Have'nt been diving since Bahama's a couple years ago... Too damn cold up here...

On a more serious note maybe the Allentown area would be a nice happy medium (at least for PA/NJ/NY)... any takers? Is the guy that runs the Northampton store associated with the club or club friendly??

Tagamet
10/28/2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by millisec

On a more serious note maybe the Allentown area would be a nice happy medium (at least for PA/NJ/NY)... any takers? Is the guy that runs the Northampton store associated with the club or club friendly??

I'll drive anywhere in the state (or neighboring ones, for that matter), but I think I might be in the minority. Allentown would be fine for me, but I doubt the NY's or maybe even the Pittsburghers would bite. We'd likely get more from NJ or maybe even the Maryland/Delaware area though.
Tagamet

millisec
10/28/2003, 12:48 AM
Yea probably right on NY... I have a tendancy to think of the NYC area which is a piece of cake to Allentown. Ohio and Pittsburgh would be a stretch and it sure would be nice to lure out Blane and/or some of his local customers with zoo :lol:

Grimstein
10/28/2003, 12:49 AM
Hey, here's a laugh, maybe we can get Steve (seacave) to host one.

zooqi
10/28/2003, 12:53 AM
Tag and I will go to anywhere and I think I will follow tag's methode of taking a break and staying overnight if is over 2 hrs drive. Just a thought.

Nyxll
10/28/2003, 12:55 AM
clarkyclown & I were thinking about puttin somethin together up here in Erie awhile back. Erie would be a good place to have one. It's relatively close to Pittsburgh, Buffalo, & Cleveland. Maybe if we could find a "place" to hold it at we could set a date & time.

Greg

millisec
10/28/2003, 01:05 AM
Ouch... 423 miles to Erie... I guess thats the far north west Pennsi club :lol:

Grimstein
10/28/2003, 01:12 AM
423 miles is not all that bad. Make a trip of it.

Nyxll
10/28/2003, 01:22 AM
I was looking and saw you were from Philly millisec before I posted that. I probably wouldn't make it to one in your neck of the woods either. :)

Greg

zooqi
10/28/2003, 03:32 AM
Good to know that both fellow reefers from Philly and Erie made it to the last meeting. 423 miles a long way to drive and is about 7 hrs drive each way. It will be nice to have one around central PA to get everybody to attend but if you guys have a meeting in Erie then I will be happy to attend and I will be more than happy to attend any meeting in Philly area too but that will go under our friends from Philly club. We can take takers and then we will flip a coin. The rest of the members are asleep now and hope we hear from them tomorrow. I have been gluing zo's to rock and got glues all over my fingers so i need to go and watch a movie and chew the glue off my fingers.(lol) off for tonight

GarSrtn
10/28/2003, 06:25 AM
I'd be interested in hosting one, but my house is small. Once we hit about ten or fifteen people, we'd be maxed out. Of course, I could look into renting the local fire hall or church. They do that sort of thing. Anyway, I'm near Elmira, NY. Is that the sort of thing people would be interested in?

bmkindig
10/28/2003, 07:46 AM
hey you guys putting pressure on me because i'm in allentown.i'm about 2.25-2.5 hours from mo's and like 1.5-2 hours from nycityand about 45mins from phillipsburg nj,and an hour from philly.let me see what we can pull off.
brad

Tagamet
10/28/2003, 08:16 AM
I think it's a "given" that WHEREVER it's held, it'll be too far for someone. That's the point of movong it around. Unless, of course, we always want pretty much the same group. I'm a charter member of the "lunatic fringe" branch of NCPARS, so naturally, I'll go to a swap if it's in Omaha. As long as we will be continuing to have multiple swaps, I think we should move it around in hopes of infecting people from farther away from cnetral PA (just like we got millesec to the last one - a *great* addition). Soon we could have people from Virginia, Michigan, and Delaware coming. I know they are rare, but I'll bet there are lunatic fringe reefers in every neighboring state that would be ecstatic about multiple swaps that "travel".
Just my 10 cents.
Tagamet

Fizz71
10/28/2003, 08:20 AM
Would anybody be willing to drop some $ to rent a hall? I know I would. Maybe $10-$15 a person or couple (no charge for the wee ones of course). If we had enough interested we could probably cover a hall. Any EMTs or Firemen out there that could get a good rate on their hall? I don't have the contacts anymore since I moved away from the area I served.

--Fizz

holeinone1972
10/28/2003, 08:26 AM
I will be having one in early spring, but winter is tough. Too many people and no one's house is big enough unless you can have overflow to outside.

Renting a hall is not a bad idea, but hall rental, food, drinks all add up. I know every swap I hold costs me about $200 to $300. I am not complaining, but I don't mind putting out the cash, as long as I have my display here, and only have to bag up what I sell, instead of bagging up everything, and trying to tell folks what it looks like.

I did just go to the NEOMAC conference, I used (2) twenty gallon longs, powerheads and heaters, and hung a 400 watt radium above it. It was a little pain in the butt, but sold well.

You know if it all possible, I am in.

Rob

Python73
10/28/2003, 08:53 AM
We were going to try and put a Feb event together with the PMASI club. But the Ohio crew has announced a Feb swap in Vermillion (think Cleveland) hosted by the Salty Critter (which is the sweetest basement strore you've ever seen, soon to be a real store hosting this event).

Much as I'd like to do something for us, the Ohio swap will be one not to miss. I'm starting to make frags this weekend. :)

Link: http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=260740

S !

71goalie
10/28/2003, 09:32 AM
Brad,

Since you and I live right around the corner from each other, maybe we could put our heads together for and get something together for this. Having the meeting in near us would be awesome. I'd offer my house, but I don't think I could handle 75 people like Zooqi, plus my 30 gallon display tank is nothing compared to the pics I've seen. I know my parents have rented a hall over in phillipsburg. I can check prices.

Doug

Fizz71
10/28/2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by holeinone1972
Renting a hall is not a bad idea, but hall rental, food, drinks all add up.

That's why I asked about firemen or EMTs...There has GOT to be one among us. I know I could have used my building for free as long as I left it the way I found it..although I'd probably give them $100 anyway just for heat, electric, garbage and such.

I'd do something at my house, and maybe I'll volunteer in the spring/summer, but I don't have the indoor room for it so the winter is out for me.

--Fizz

bmkindig
10/28/2003, 10:29 AM
i can do at my house but i need to talk to my wife before giving an ok with itand xmas is right around the corner,but i have had over 75 people at the house before we have a 3/4 acre yard and a 4 bedroom home but it would be real tight if it's cold.and my 72 gallon tank is coming along nicely i just need more hard corals,and my newest frags to grow out.
i would love to show off my homemade bowfront canopy i love it but it was a pain the a@@ to make.
brad

millisec
10/28/2003, 11:02 AM
Yep I latched on that Vermilion thread as a definite possibility. I just sold my house and got an apartment so I'm pretty useless in that department. At some point I could probably swing something between NCPARS, Philly Reefers and elsewhere after things settle down a bit for me. So for now I'm gonna sit back and see what happens. Erie is not out of the question but a haul. Air Frag awaiting departure :lol:

yellowtruck75
10/28/2003, 11:14 AM
How about a meeting between Christmas and January 12th (PSU Christmas break).

beerman0831
10/28/2003, 11:18 AM
Just tagging along

Malcolm_C
10/28/2003, 11:49 AM
For those who are interested, I wil be having a metting for the NJRC in February. I'm in South Jersey but you are all welcome to come.

http://www.njreefersclub.com/index.php

71goalie
10/28/2003, 12:50 PM
where are your meetings held Mad_drama?

bmkindig
10/28/2003, 12:51 PM
hey mad
how far into jersey are you.from either pburg or philly.i'm like 30 mins from easton/pburg
brad

Malcolm_C
10/28/2003, 03:20 PM
the meeting will be at my house. it took me 3h 25min to get to zoogi's, I'm 40 min from center city philly. I live 40 min from Atlantic city.

millisec
10/28/2003, 04:55 PM
Guess it's gonna be a busy winter for the reefaholics. Thats 4 meetings that came to my attention in the last 24. You people better get busy fragging :rolleyes:

So Mad... get busy on that website and lets see the goods you have in that swimming pool of yours. I saw a whole lotta SPS last swap; Got zoo?

bmkindig
10/28/2003, 05:06 PM
hey mad
thats a cool distance count me in i had a 2.25 hour drive to zooqi's
keep me posted.
later
brad

Mal3
10/29/2003, 02:36 AM
I am in Reading, PA and willing to host in the spring. I have a huge garage that will work fine, rain or shine. However, too cold for winter.

I will check if I can get a meeting place for free for the winter meeting if interested. Give me a few days to check with my contacts.

I am 2.5 hours from Zooqi, one hour from allentown, one hour from Phila.

Zip code is 19610 to do a map quest.

nixnutz
10/29/2003, 02:45 AM
Zooqi...I gues you got their attention. 2 pages in less than 24 hours!

Mad...check out my gallery. I put a pic in there of that monti I got from you. Check out the cool hitch hiker at the top of the pic. Thanks again!

Millisec...zos are doing very well. Thanks!

Reason for post...Tagging along! :D

Rahn

Tagamet
10/29/2003, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Mal3
I am in Reading, PA and willing to host in the spring. I have a huge garage that will work fine, rain or shine. However, too cold for winter.
I will check if I can get a meeting place for free for the winter meeting if interested. Give me a few days to check with my contacts.
I am 2.5 hours from Zooqi, one hour from allentown, one hour from Phila.
Zip code is 19610 to do a map quest.

How about a big space heater for the garage? The location would be great (for me).
Tagamet

Fizz71
10/29/2003, 10:12 AM
Mal. Let me know if you need a hand with anything. I was looking into the big farmers market in Leesport off of 61, they have several halls to rent. One is under $200 and it's plenty big enough for us (holds about 100 people).

--Fizz

zooqi
10/29/2003, 10:57 AM
$200 pluse food and drink will be costy. I thought about renting a place a while ago but that takes all fun from seeing the members tank. Whoever is going to host the next one can contact me and i can send him/her a letter that they can take to some places around there for free food for NCPARS meeting (one of the advantages of having a club with contacts) an idea just pupped in my mind.. later guys,, heading out to check it out and will update when i get back. :cool:

zooqi
10/29/2003, 02:33 PM
I'm back,, here what I went for. I went to the mall and asked them if they would let us have a meeting there and here what they told me

1: we can get a room there and they will bill the spot that I have the tank on and I called pet city and they said that they don't mind paying for it (cool).

2: we can get a couple of companies involved and they can have table there in the mall for some small fees and I thought that will be great if they can come with thier companies name and some of the products they have or to bring what people order online to the mall that day to save some money on shipping (this is something has to be studdied well)This is a big thing and they told me that just because I asked about the space.

3: for some small fees we can have tables in the center of the mall with chairs and have a frag party.

We just had a meeting in Williamsport area and I'm thinking this can be a big meeting next fall and we can plan it ahead of time and get as many people and companies involved with good deals for that day.

Now, lets go back to the North Central PA Aaqurium Reef Society winter meeting.

One more thing that they told me that we can have signs all over and get people to come over to learn about the reef tanks and answer questions.

Tagamet
10/29/2003, 06:50 PM
ZOOQI,
Nice work! If it can work this way around here, imagine what could be set up in a civilized area! (g). King of Prussia, maybe?
Tagamet

zooqi
10/29/2003, 07:44 PM
Thanks and hope we can arrange a meeting like that once a year and we should have a meeting to discuss this sometimes and how to arrange it. One more thing that I'm working on is to get some articles about our club and goals in newspapers and I'm working on it.

Mal3
10/29/2003, 11:09 PM
If you want to discuss it, why not do it in a chat room on line. I think RC has a chat room that we can use.

zooqi
11/25/2003, 08:15 PM
I have listed the meetings in North central pa or a about 2 hours drive from Williamsport just so we don't get into other club's meetings and schedules and here we are so far..

GarSrtn: can’t have many people over

Bmkindig: (let me see what we can pull off) -----(i need to talk to my wife before giving an ok)------

Fizz71: renting ($10-$15 a person or couple (no charge for the wee ones of course)

71goalie: (I'd offer my house, but I don't think I could handle 75 people like Zooqi)

millisec: (I'm pretty useless) lol :D

yellowtruck75: won’t host but suggest PSU meeting and not sure if we can trade or sell there.

Mal3: huge garage that will work fine, rain or shine in spring. However, too cold for winter. (will hold this one for spring and I think is a good idea)

I'm thinking about sometimes in Jan or Feb so we can have sometimes untill the next meeting in Spring that Mal3 suggested or should we call it (North Central PA Aquarium Reef Society Mal3 meeting) :D ...

I also would like to see if the high school that we have been helping will host one in the library where the tank is but that is an idea.

millisec
11/25/2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by zooqi
I have listed the meetings in North central pa or a about 2 hours drive from Williamsport just so we don't get into other club's meetings and schedules and here we are so far..

GarSrtn: can’t have many people over

Bmkindig: (let me see what we can pull off) -----(i need to talk to my wife before giving an ok)------

Fizz71: renting ($10-$15 a person or couple (no charge for the wee ones of course)

71goalie: (I'd offer my house, but I don't think I could handle 75 people like Zooqi)

millisec: (I'm pretty useless) lol :D

yellowtruck75: won’t host but suggest PSU meeting and not sure if we can trade or sell there.

Mal3: huge garage that will work fine, rain or shine in spring. However, too cold for winter. (will hold this one for spring and I think is a good idea)

I'm thinking about sometimes in Jan or Feb so we can have sometimes untill the next meeting in Spring that Mal3 suggested or should we call it (North Central PA Aquarium Reef Society Mal3 meeting) :D ...

I also would like to see if the high school that we have been helping will host one in the library where the tank is but that is an idea.

We are all looking pretty useless... I've been meaning to recheck this thread to see where things had lead. No where for now it seems :lol:

zooqi
11/25/2003, 09:15 PM
well, I got a spot but don't know how it is since they don't do much for next year and owners change this month. Is a very nice party room at the mall with lots of parking and stuff for everybody.

Mal3
11/25/2003, 09:50 PM
Zooqi,

Sorry, but I got side tracked. I am checking with some people to see if I can come up with a place to meet this winter. Don't anyone hold their breath, but I will keep you posted.

I will do it in the spring, no problem. If I can find a place, I will do Winter and Spring.

Tagamet
11/26/2003, 12:20 AM
Mo,
I think the rooms at the Lycoming Mall would be fine. It's right on 220, so it's pretty easily accessible from all directions. The spouses would have something right there to spend *their* money on, too (g). Warm, flat, and no carpets to get wet. What more could we ask for?
Tagamet

zooqi
11/26/2003, 12:54 AM
Mal
Thanks ,That will be too much to do two like that for you. It is nice that you are doing the spring meeting. I will check with the mall again tomorrow to see if they have the new schedule for the next year.

Are you guys ready for another meeting ?

nixnutz
11/26/2003, 11:22 AM
YES! YES! YES!

I might be able to get a hall for free, BUT there would be no "display" tank there. I'm 6 miles off of exit 112 of Interstate 81. Use "Hegins PA 17938" on mapquest to find out how to get here from wherever you are.

Beerman-Can you get enough wings for 75 people?

ByTor-Can you cook enough wings for 75 people?

I'll get a half barrel.

Mo-we might be able to set up a tank there a week or two before if you'd like to get some livestock to sell. We'd need some hardware stuff though. I have a non-drilled 75 we could set up there just for the weekend.

OK. I'm going to try and make this happen. Everyone let me know what you think and if you'd be willing to drive here. It would definately have to be on a sunday. LMK.

Rahn

millisec
11/26/2003, 12:20 PM
Hegins Pa sounds good.... only 118 miles. Beats 200-400 for sure. Being on the far fringe of the map I'll let you guys hash the location and assuming its at least this side of the planet I'll be there and bring some grub.

nixnutz
11/26/2003, 12:28 PM
Milli,

It's an easy 118 miles too. I've done the Philly trip several times and it's like an hour and a half to and hour and 45 minutes. All 4 lane highways.

OK that's one...keep it coming.

Rahn

holeinone1972
11/26/2003, 12:37 PM
I may try and come but it is close to 5 hrs for me.

On a side note, I will be hosting another great swap early spring. Probably April. I hope some of you guys can come.

Rob

Fizz71
11/26/2003, 12:47 PM
Well it's about 60 miles for us Reading area folks..that sounds good to me.

--Fizz

zooqi
11/26/2003, 02:12 PM
Rob: i will come down even if we have a meeting in the area or right after or before one. It will be 7 hours drive for those who live two hours east of us or more for those who live farther. We will try to have one in a different week than yours and will drive to yours too.

nixnutz: Please check and see what you can come up with.

nixnutz
11/26/2003, 02:41 PM
MO- :thumbsup:

Fizz- :thumbsup: ..BTW how are those zo's from BeerMan?

Rob- We'll have to see what we can do to get you here. There's actually a hotel 15 minutes from Hegins...weekend trip?

Rahn

Tagamet
11/26/2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by nixnutz
MO- :thumbsup:
Rahn

Isn't that hte site of the infamous pidgeon slaughter each year? (lol) We could have PETA show up and try to set our captive corals free! Make sure there's extra heavy security on hand to make sure THAT doesn't happen! The picketers will be tough enough, but at least they'll be fun to laugh at.
Seriously, Hegins would be great for me.
Tagamet
PS Know any good bagboys in that area?

nixnutz
11/26/2003, 03:01 PM
That's enough outa you! :furious: I am the master "bag boy" and you know it! :frog:

Yes this is the famous pigeon shoot capital. As far as security and PETA ... I think we'll be OK ... I have a background in "security", so to speak, and ByTor can handle those PETA folks. ;)

I'm 10 minutes further south than ByTor, so add 10 minutes to your previous trip here and you're in Hegins. So that's:

Nix
ByTor
BeerMan
Fizz + Reading crew
Milli
Mo
Tag
Rob (Maybe)

Who else...chime in!

Rahn

Fizz71
11/26/2003, 03:06 PM
Fizz- :thumbsup: ..BTW how are those zo's from BeerMan?

The Zoos are doing great as is everything else but the colt. It detached itself the first night and is now missing. :( And he was in a low flow area too!...unfortunately there are very few dead spots in my tank, none of them are accessible..some of the rics and shrooms are in a cup on the bottom until they attach...I would have done it for the colt if I new. Oh well..maybe it will turn up.

..but the zoos! Very nice colors..they opened up almost right away..I must be doing something right. :) I took some pictures, but putting them on my web site is still a pain, so they're just sitting at home. :)

...and Rahn...I'll be there (provided the date is good for me), but I'm not ready to frag anything yet since all I own are frags and although they are reproducing..I don't consider them "surplus" yet. :) So I'll only be buying.

--Fizz

JonK
11/26/2003, 03:13 PM
Hey guys,

I'm in for the swap.

Jon

nixnutz
11/26/2003, 03:45 PM
Fizz-I got another colt for you. They're a huge pain to mount.

JonK- :thumbsup:

I'm going to call the People at the hall tonight. I guess the date will be an issue for everyone. I'll see what's available and set a date based on that. I'll keep you all posted!

Rahn

bmkindig
11/26/2003, 03:51 PM
hey rahn
i'm in give me a date

brad

yellowtruck75
11/26/2003, 04:34 PM
I am in give me a date.

Tagamet
11/26/2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by bmkindig
hey rahn
i'm in give me a date

I haven't had a date in three decades! Give me a date! Oh. Wait a minute. You mean a date for the swap, don't you. *SIGH* Well, give me a date for that, too.
Tagamet

GarSrtn
11/26/2003, 06:02 PM
Depends on the day/date (Sundays are way better). Winter is busy busy for me.

nixnutz
11/26/2003, 06:41 PM
OK...Here goes:

I got the hall. Sunday (they're better for me too) February 8, 2004. This hall will easily hold 100 people. It's a Fire company banquet hall so we'll have lots of tables and chairs at our disposal. They also said we could set up a tank there as long as we tore it down sometime between 2/8 and 2/13. I decided to go with that date because it gives us all time to recover financially from the holidays. After all, it seems those dead president frags are everyone's favorites for swapping... :D

ByTor has graciously agreed to cook wings for that day and provide some equipment for the tank. I will provide a half barrel of beer and the tank, salt...etc.

We can work out the rest as we go. Sound good?

Mo-I reserved the hall, so all I need is a go and we'll get to planning.

Rahn

Tagamet
11/26/2003, 07:53 PM
OK...
I got the hall. Sunday (they're better for me too) February 8, 2004. This hall will easily hold 100 people. ... :D

We can work out the rest as we go. Sound good?

Mo-I reserved the hall, so all I need is a go and we'll get to planning.

Rahn

Geez, if this is what you do "on strike" I'd love to see you hard at work! Nicely done!
Your humble bag bearer,
Tagamet:D :D :D

nixnutz
11/26/2003, 08:01 PM
Tag....I am hard at work...

Rahn

Tagamet
11/26/2003, 08:05 PM
Tag....I am hard at work...

Rahn

Then I guess you should change your sig.
YHBB,
Tag

Mal3
11/26/2003, 08:13 PM
Hegins Pa is fine with me, and so is Sunday, but don't pick superbowl Sunday.

I have put out some feelers for for a place here but I have not had a response yet. This is fine with me.

Well, I guess I should have read the next page. I am a bit behind. 2/8 is good, I think. I hope that is not superbowl Day? However, that is usually later in the day or early evening so that will work if it is.

Tagamet
11/26/2003, 08:17 PM
Hegins Pa is fine with me, and so is Sunday, but don't pick superbowl Sunday.

Good point about SuperBowl Sunday. I wouldn't want to miss those commercials.
Tagamet

nancysnuwave
11/26/2003, 08:27 PM
We hope to have our place done late winter! I'd love to host one in our large/old/new house!.. mid to late spring would be nice, as the fish level has great access out onto the back yard at ground level, should folk bring kids who would want to run around the yard.

btw.. Milton is off route 80 between Danville and, say Lewisburg - west of route 54 and East of Route 15.

Mal3
11/26/2003, 08:28 PM
Lets see if we can fill the place to the rafters this time. Lets tell the other local clubs. This one is close enough to pull in people from Phila clubs. Does anyone know anyone in those clubs to spread the word?

Tagamet
11/26/2003, 08:50 PM
Lets see if we can fill the place to the rafters this time. Lets tell the other local clubs. This one is close enough to pull in people from Phila clubs. Does anyone know anyone in those clubs to spread the word?

They all have forums on RC. A lot of groups "cross post" about their swaps.
Tagamet

mind3d
11/26/2003, 10:33 PM
i'm in for a sunday.

scrap the chicken wings. we'll be able to get pidgeon wings cheap in hegins mmmmmmm :)

Fizz71
11/26/2003, 10:58 PM
I believe Superbowl Sunday is Feb 1st. I only know this because I usually take a group skiing that morning and that's what the woman at the resort told me. Feb 8th is fine by me..Sundays are always better for me too.

--Fizz

bmkindig
11/26/2003, 11:04 PM
hi rahn,
thanks in advance what time to what time and some directions would be cool .any local suppliers worth visiting near there?
brad

Tagamet
11/26/2003, 11:11 PM
Super Bowl XXXVIII will take place on February 1, 2004 in Houston, Texas and will be aired live on the CBS network
Tagamet

bmkindig
11/26/2003, 11:28 PM
hey tag
isn't the superbowl usually at night anyway.i haven't waqtched football seriously in a few years i could be wrong.i'm usually to busy to sit still that long.

bye the way larry your mushrooms are doing great in my tank thanks
brad

Tagamet
11/26/2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by bmkindig
hey tag
isn't the superbowl usually at night anyway.i haven't waqtched football seriously in a few years i could be wrong.i'm usually to busy to sit still that long.
bye the way larry your mushrooms are doing great in my tank thanks
brad

Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. Although you are technically correct about the kickoff being late afternooon/early evening (6 pm?) the pregame warmups start before noon. Some people start the "warmup", the night before (not me, I've just read bout that <right>). The point is that they call it Superbowl Sunday for good reason. It is an all day event. "Life-ers in prison, don't even take conjugal visits on Superbowl Sunday (unless it's during the extended half-time show).
HTH,
Tagamet

PS: Great to hear that the 'shrooms are doing well.

millisec
11/27/2003, 12:18 AM

I just recently joined to PARC too... They have a pretty good membership list but are in a state of flux with not much going on to attract people. Maybe 12 people at last monthly meeting where a couple frags were exchanged. In all honesty having a meeting and an agenda is fine but the only thing that brings people out of the woodwork, like the last at Mo's, is a large scale frag swap and extra's like what Mo was selling. When we get the thing nailed down I'll be sure and bring it up to PARC and see if I can attract some extra bodies. Theres several people at least that are propagating mostly SPS on a fairly large scale. And being reasonably close I'm sure some will come.

nixnutz
11/27/2003, 02:56 AM
We can establish a firm time a little later. For now, keep february 8th open. It will probably be a noon to whenever type deal. We have the place reserved for the whole day. ByTor and I will go up early in the morning to start the wings and setup tables etc..

As far as directions... go to www.mapquest.com and enter your address for starting point and Hegins, PA 17938 as end point. Should give you all the info you need.

Local Suppliers are few and far between here. There's a place within a half hour that sells equipment. A very small (and extremely over priced) pet store about 30 minutes from here and several places in Harrisburg (1 hour south) for mostly dry goods. There's also a guy in Mt Pleasant, like 10 minutes north, he's got a bunch of SPS and the coolest orange zos and an Efflo that's to die for...The place is ByTor's house... LOL... I'll leave the tours up to him.

Whose our webmaster for the NCPARS page? I need to know if I do up a page for the swap on frontpage, will you be able to use it? LMK whoever you are...I think it's GarSrtn??

OK...Looks like this is a done deal then. I'll start up seperate threads a little later on for Livestock/equipment swaps as well as a general one for who's coming and car pooling etc. In the meantime, any suggestions are greatly appreciated. You can post them here or PM/email me. Thanks for the great response so far. I'm looking forward to seeing you all again.

Rahn

PS...Tag...how do you like the new signature? ;) I think I'll officially end my labor dispute. Technically I have to 'cause ByTor fired me on sunday for being late for our Rochester trip....geeeeze!!

Snookie
11/27/2003, 06:52 AM
I should have my new tank up and running by then! :D :cool: :smokin:

ByTor
11/27/2003, 10:42 AM
Sounds GREAT!

30lbs of wings ought to be enough...:rollface:

So you guys know, "bag boy" has been reinstated since the road trip. Due to the fact he can lift half a 240 gal tank and a truck to haul it :D
Thanx angain Bro!
:eek1: "DUDE! that's a big F!!!!!! tank!" :eek1:

zooqi
11/27/2003, 11:01 AM
Bytore
Shutgun on the right you are on the left and who is the middle ?

So February 8, 2004 is a date ,, cool ?Confirmed ?

beerman0831
11/27/2003, 11:09 AM
Zooqi the middle one is Nixnutz.Hey bytor thanks for the frags last weekend.They are doing great.The new tank looks awsome dude.So you only need 30 lbs of wings?I was thing more like 60lbs but if you think that is enough thats what I`ll get.Nixnutz I`ll be there early to help you and Bytor setup.Anything else you need just let me know.

zooqi
11/27/2003, 11:21 AM
Yes it is and I did not know that he went with him and I thought is one of of the URS'ers

nixnutz
11/27/2003, 12:21 PM
Start making your plans!

NCPARS Winterfest Frag Swap-Sunday, February 8, 2004--noon to ???

Co-Hosted By Nixnutz, ByTor and BeerMan.

Sponsors: TO BE ANNOUNCED (BTW..If anyone can get aponsors let us know...we're gonna work on some at this end)

Looking forward to another great swap!

Rahn

Snookie
11/27/2003, 01:52 PM
I can donate a case of brew. Count me and the Jenster in. :beer:

Tagamet
11/27/2003, 06:22 PM
Start making your plans!
NCPARS Winterfest Frag Swap-Sunday, February 8, 2004--noon to ???
Co-Hosted By Nixnutz, ByTor and BeerMan.
Sponsors: TO BE ANNOUNCED (BTW..If anyone can get aponsors let us know...we're gonna work on some at this end)
Looking forward to another great swap!
Rahn

Hey Nix! MUCH better sig! What a promotion! And well deserved too.
Tagamet

nixnutz
11/27/2003, 06:43 PM
Snookie & Jenster- :thumbsup:

Thanks Tag. I hope I can live up to the "Title"... ;)

Mo said he's gonna start a thread for the swap later on tonight and he's gonna work on a Tank/livestock for the swap. I'm hoping we can make this the biggest one yet! Then just keep getting bigger everytime.

Rahn

Tagamet
11/27/2003, 06:50 PM

Mo said he's gonna start a thread for the swap later on tonight and he's gonna work on a Tank/livestock for the swap. I'm hoping we can make this the biggest one yet! Then just keep getting bigger everytime.
Rahn

I think that the loccation will really work for us, if we can get some suction going from the Philly, NJ, and even Maryland areas. The hardcore people will still make it from Pittsburgh and even NY. It's only sixty-some days away! Get those frags mounted!
Tagamet

Mal3
11/27/2003, 08:24 PM
nixnutz

Is there a street address for

nixnutz
11/27/2003, 08:40 PM
Hegins Fire Co.
720 E. Chestnut St.
Hegins, PA 17938

Sorry 'bout that...LOL. I was going to post directions from Interstate 81 later, but this is probably better.

Rahn

Tagamet
11/27/2003, 08:54 PM
nixnutz

Is there a street address for

LOL. Hegins is on the left. Does it HAVE more than one street?
Tagamet

ByTor
11/27/2003, 09:36 PM
Ken,
cooking 30lbs of wings is gonna be a task in it's self! 60lbs! man! I'll have to start cooking at midnight before the swap!
I guess I'll have to make about 5 gallons of chili to offset the wing poundage..... The day of my swap the chili was a goner first, so... I guess I'm whipping up a batch of that too...

nixnutz
11/27/2003, 09:46 PM
Tim,

Ken suggested using one of those turkey fryers for the wings. We can probably do a bunch that way all at once and it's just like a deep fryer. We'll talk.

Rahn

ByTor
11/27/2003, 09:49 PM
Dude, I never thought of that. But it will work for sure! BTW Lis, just mentioned that not even 2 mins ago... LOL

Then we could do 60lbs no prob!!!

hey Rahn, irc??? be there in a few

nixnutz
11/27/2003, 09:52 PM
c'mon in

Sanjay
11/28/2003, 09:55 AM
Another frag party !! You guys are nuts :-)

Although its too early to commit, count me in.. I'll try to be there.

sanjay.

Tagamet
11/28/2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Sanjay
Another frag party !! You guys are nuts :-)

Like this is news (lol)

Although its too early to commit, count me in.. I'll try to be there.
sanjay.

Ahhh, and uncommited commitment. Heehee

See you there!
Tagamet

nixnutz
11/28/2003, 10:16 AM
Woo Hoo!

Didn't get to meet you at the last one, but I won't let you escape this time... :)

List so far:

Mo
Nix
ByTor
Beerman
Tag
Millisec (Philly)
Mal3
Holeinone1972(Rob from ECC-gonna try)
Fizz71
JonK
Bmkindig
yellowtruck75
mind3d
nancysnuwave(maybe)
Snookie & Jenster (with beer ;) )
Sanjay(gonna try)

That's 17 so far...Let's fill this place!!!

Rahn

Mal3
11/28/2003, 06:47 PM
We need to get everyone that was at the last on to give us their email address. That way we can email everyone with the link and dates when we have these.

Lets get a book for everyone to sign in at the next swap with their information. I gave the list to GarSrtn, I think, but I still have a list of names.

mind3d
01/27/2004, 11:24 AM
are we still on for feb 8th??

holeinone1972
01/27/2004, 11:28 AM
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

OK?

:D

71goalie
01/27/2004, 11:32 AM
you must be following the wrong thread. subscribe to this one:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=275808

Tagamet
01/27/2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by 71goalie
you must be following the wrong thread. subscribe to this one:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=275808

Good advice, Doug.
Tagamet

mind3d
01/28/2004, 08:40 AM
wow.... i've been missing everything :(
but, better late than never...

Mal3
07/24/2004, 03:21 AM
^

tnyr5
07/24/2004, 11:40 AM
when my mom's new house is finished we'd be interested in hosting a swap probably some time next year 9after the 350 gallon super tank is in so i can show off ;-)

Mal3
07/24/2004, 04:36 PM
Tony,

That sounds great. I am sure we can do that. Talk to Zoogi and his committee for planning. He is heading that up.

tnyr5
07/24/2004, 07:52 PM
i'll talk to him when the time comes, it's still a long way off

Fizz71
07/24/2004, 09:12 PM
To be honest with you Tony, we kinda decided that we won't be hosting any swaps at anybody's house anymore. There's too much risk, not to mention a general parking problem if this thing grows like we hope. That's not to say we can't have one NEAR you to take a little visit to check the tank out, but we plan on looking for halls and parks to host our events so that we know we have the room. We may look to do some "Members Only" get togethers...and I could see the possibility of hosting THAT at somebody's house, but the big public swaps will need to be at a hall of some sort.

--Fizz

tnyr5
07/24/2004, 09:16 PM
true true , a members only picnic sort of meeting is what i had in mind

Fizz71
07/24/2004, 09:20 PM
Yeah...we talked about it..the problem is that if we are as spread out as we think we'll be..it's tough to do little "get togethers" because of the hike. We'll see...baby steps!!!

--Fizz

Tagamet
07/24/2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Fizz71
To be honest with you Tony, we kinda decided that we won't be hosting any swaps at anybody's house anymore. There's too much risk, not to mention a general parking problem if this thing grows like we hope. That's not to say we can't have one NEAR you to take a little visit to check the tank out, but we plan on looking for halls and parks to host our events so that we know we have the room. We may look to do some "Members Only" get togethers...and I could see the possibility of hosting THAT at somebody's house, but the big public swaps will need to be at a hall of some sort.
--Fizz

OK, somebody fess up. Who passed out the steroids at the last meeting?
Tagamet